How do you watch Nationals without NBC? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How do you watch Nationals without NBC?

statmam

On the Ice
I've listened to this before thanks to your information. Very good listening. Am I right in remembering Tanith Belbin being one of the commentators?
:

Last year, in the St. Paul venue, attendees had a choice of two channels on their radios: one was commentary for general audiences and the other was much more technical. I don't know which channel IN was streaming, but Meryl Davis did much of the technical commentary. She was very informative.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last year, in the St. Paul venue, attendees had a choice of two channels on their radios: one was commentary for general audiences and the other was much more technical. I don't know which channel IN was streaming, but Meryl Davis did much of the technical commentary. She was very informative.

Side note for Meryl fans:

This year Ryan Bradley and she will be holding Facebook Live chats during Nats (according to the USFS fanzone Competition Central page).

Skate Radio will be happening this year without her.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Russian Nationals has it down with the ESPN3 full event coverage. I look forward to it every year and it's become a part of my Christmas tradition. That's how you get the world to see and show interest your the sport.
Indeed, North American sports broadcasters could learn a thing or two from the Russians. Despite busy times at Christmas with friends and family in Germany, I managed to watch Match Arena even on my mobile! If this here was the Russian Nats, and I'd miss half of it because of media rights, I'd go totally mental! :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Indeed, North American sports broadcasters could learn a thing or two from the Russians. Despite busy times at Christmas with friends and family in Germany, I managed to watch Match Arena even on my mobile! If this here was the Russian Nats, and I'd miss half of it because of media rights, I'd go totally mental! :laugh:

What's worse is they don't show much of the KnC or replays so our announcers are forced to talk during the performances and then the threads become littered with rants about the broadcasters. It's a double whammy!

reneerose

Final Flight
As a Californian I am always looking for a live stream after Icenetwork stops covering. It makes me crazy that NBC won't let me see the final groups live. As a way of protest I don't even record it on my DVR. They brag about having all this live coverage but fail to say that only applies if you're on the East Coast. I hate NBC for this

I think they livestreamed it but I didn't have a full TV provider subscription so the NBC site wouldn't let me....I have ATT Uverse but without the DirectTV. Hate that the IN delays until much later.

qwerty

On the Ice
Side note for Meryl fans:

This year Ryan Bradley and she will be holding Facebook Live chats during Nats (according to the USFS fanzone Competition Central page).

Skate Radio will be happening this year without her.

Can I just say the Facebook Live from Ryan and Meryl is a goofy delight? For me the most entertaining after-show breakdown by far!