Skater Boy

Record Breaker
nina quelette: 3lz (tanoe)-2t, 3 loop (fall), 2axel
score 49.65

madeline: same music as nina
3lz (fall)
2axel
score: 42.76

elizaveta kulik: I couldn't tell if she did a 3lz or 3f followed by a 2t or 3t? I couldn't tell honestly
3loop (fall)
2axel
I think she's skating to Medvedeva's lp music from last season
score: 48.36

Liza doesn't have her mother or father's natural grace or glide. But at least she isn't wearing a vinyl giraffe costume.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Holy Moly.......Emmy Ma is a spectacular performer and I have never seen her until 3 minutes ago. I've seen several videos and articles about Starr and Liza and Emmy hasn't been on my radar screen. That will change after tonight. Good luck to all these young ladies in the free program.

frida80

Record Breaker
Liza doesn't have her mother or father's natural grace or glide. But at least she isn't wearing a vinyl giraffe costume.

I'd hoped we could avoid comparing Liza to her parents. She's not her mother or father. I like her even still.

frida80

Record Breaker
Holy Moly.......Emmy Ma is a spectacular performer and I have never seen her until 3 minutes ago. I've seen several videos and articles about Starr and Liza and Emmy hasn't been on my radar screen. That will change after tonight. Good luck to all these young ladies in the free program.

I watched Emma at sectionals and she was magnificent. I got serious kwan vibes, especially when she did her spiral. At the end of her skate I could feel myself tearing up, it was that good. Afterwards I had a short chat with her. She's a very sweet girl!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
:scratch2: I remember watching Emmy's sectionals and thought she had really stiff arms. Nice posture but her movements seemed too strained and uncomfortable for me to watch in the long haul...

But I'm glad to see she and Starr did well here :hb: Good luck to all the ladies in the FS.

mrrice

Record Breaker
:scratch2: I remember watching Emmy's sectionals and thought she had really stiff arms. Nice posture but her movements seemed too strained and uncomfortable for me to watch in the long haul...

But I'm glad to see she and Starr did well here :hb: Good luck to all the ladies in the FS.

You should give her a second look. The young Lady that I just watched has gorgeous posture and a lyrical and fluid style. She must have improved from the last time you saw her.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
You should give her a second look. The young Lady that I just watched has gorgeous posture and a lyrical and fluid style. She must have improved from the last time you saw her.

Yeah I haven't seen her performance today but she was indeed very fluid and elegant in her younger years which was why I was :confused2: when I saw her recent sectional skates.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Does Liza have a strong enough Free Program to pull herself up in the ranking with a strong free program?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Does Liza have a strong enough Free Program to pull herself up in the ranking with a strong free program?

She's about 4.5 points out of Pewter right now, which doesn't seem like a huge gap, but her FS at Sectionals was only the 8th highest of 12 when compared to all the other Junior Ladies so it'll depend heavily on how the other skaters do. Her tech isn't the highest (no 3-3s) which limits her for now (but can definitely be improved upon in the future)

apons575

Rinkside
I'll be keeping my eye on Starr Andrews! Hopefully that 3-3 gets upgraded the next couple of years. WOW! Liking the Rippon 3T!!!

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Nguyen is promising but since she just turned 13 anything can happen in the next few years but nice to see her going for the 3-3's which are needed to contend now in Juniors. I'm sure as she gets older she will gain more speed and power.

yup, I think once she gains speed and power, she will be the one to watch.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I finally caved. All these years of holding out and I finally caved in and bought it. At least 4CC and worlds will be easier to watch.

Please let me know how that go's. I've been waiting for positive reviews before I get an IceNetwork Pass. I will definitely get one for next season as it's Olympic Year.

frida80

Record Breaker
Please let me know how that go's. I've been waiting for positive reviews before I get an IceNetwork Pass. I will definitely get one for next season as it's Olympic Year.

I'll probably be running the iPad and the computer at the same time just so I can compare which when I really want to look at. Last year I did euro sports and CBC with the VPN. The high definition was awesome. At least it's convenient.

frida80

Record Breaker
I'll be keeping my eye on Starr Andrews! Hopefully that 3-3 gets upgraded the next couple of years. WOW! Liking the Rippon 3T!!!

It'll probably be upgraded next year. She's probably working on a 3Lo+3T and a 3lz+3T for next season. It's good she has a basic triple triple down so in case something happens in the short program or the long program you can just throw an extra one like Zhenia and Elizabet.