2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Pairs SP

charmblade

Final Flight
Trying to watch this live but I worked a 12-hr day and I have to be up again in less than 8 hours. I'm not sure I'm going to wait around for an ice resurfacing. I can probably catch the last group in the morning.

skatemouse

On the Ice
So that lift and death spiral was scary too from Emma and Robert. I knew it was a Peter team all of them run run run through programs and have lots of little lifts and never just skate into their knees focus on artistry and hold landings. He doesn't give his teams time to really enjoy the ice and use it. Just run on it:( He thinks it makes them look stronger if they move super fast. The problem is most are super talented and just need time to get into the ice and really reach.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
WOW! I had no idea so many pairs will age out of juniors next season. Sadly, since that is the case, I'm betting that most if not all these pairings will not remain after two years...

I know Kate Finster had tried to partner with another younger skater (I think he was from Ukraine) but there were visa issues so that didn't work out. And Klopstock/Arsenault are new this year so they definitely came into this knowing there'd never be JGPs for them.

But I do agree that longevity is not a strong suit for US pairs.

skatemouse

On the Ice
I know Kate Finster had tried to partner with another younger skater (I think he was from Ukraine) but there were visa issues so that didn't work out. And Klopstock/Arsenault are new this year so they definitely came into this knowing there'd never be JGPs for them.

But I do agree that longevity is not a strong suit for US pairs.

I disagree I think maybe they have a better chance because the boys are older and can be around longer getting stronger and stronger. I think they should change the age restrictions for pairs for purely safety reasons.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I disagree I think maybe they have a better chance because the boys are older and can be around longer getting stronger and stronger. I think they should change the age restrictions for pairs for purely safety reasons.

I'm not saying that the older males means the pairs have less of a chance from a physical standpoint. I agree that the older and stronger partners do probably provide extra safety. I'm saying that US pairs don't frequently stay together too long because they reach the point where the male half isn't eligible for Junior competitions where they could get valuable experience, and the teams don't seem willing to stay together and work through Seniors difficulties.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Which is why I think the age eligibility requirement has to be changed to allow them to stay junior till an older age for the males specifically.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Kopmar & Barrett were cute & had some strong elements. Potential!

Question: I found a thing that let me download the entire Novice Ladies SP off of IceNetwork. I made isolated files out of a couple of the programs. Would it be in poor taste (or worse, illegal) to upload them to YouTube? I want to put them up because a lot of people would never see them otherwise, but I don't know if I should.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oh wow, Elli and Jonah are just barely behind Digerness/Neudecker!

Though I'm not sure how realistic it is, if they ended up winning, that would be kind of amazing because they won Novice last year and Intermediate the year before.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Chen/Hartley seem to have a ton of potential. Comparatively huge 3Tw, nice 2As, attempted 3LzTh...if they were clean, they'd be unbeatable in this field.

Matilda

Medalist
I'm impressed that Yao/Hale are so close to the top, considering they've only skated together for about 6 months.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I swear, half the junior pairs in the world use something by Maxime Rodriguez at least once in their careers. It's like junior men and Chaplin programs...I'll never understand it. :laugh:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Chen/Hartley seem to have a ton of potential. Comparatively huge 3Tw, nice 2As, attempted 3LzTh...if they were clean, they'd be unbeatable in this field.
I don't know about unbeatable. The top team is pretty amazing. Look amazing together line wise and artistry. I think the scores are pretty accurate as said before. Also not surprised a Sappenfield team is on the top.