2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Short Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Short Dance

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just noticed that the NBC page is showing live scoring for the Junior SD.

I could be wrong, but I thought that last year it showed live scoring only for Senior segments.

Anyway, the link is:

(Will automatically redirect to http://www.nbcsports.com/US-Figure-Skating-Championships.)

Mrs. P already has the link in all the Senior threads.

YAY FANCYSTATS PAGE FOR JUNIORS!

ETA: And yes, last year it was only for Championship events. And this year the site SAID it would only be for Championship events. I guess they lied. Good for us!

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Emma's neon pink and green laces!

Where did everyone go? Am I the only one left commenting?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
YAY FANCYSTATS PAGE FOR JUNIORS!

ETA: And yes, last year it was only for Championship events. And this year the site SAID it would only be for Championship events. I guess they lied. Good for us!

Doesn't appear to be updating as detailed as it does for the SEniors though. I was looking at it for ages for Avaz/Katsman's PCS to pop up and never saw it, then completely missed Gropman/Somerville.

ETA: Or I'm just impatient and miss it when I click to another tab, because I just saw Gunter/Wein's PCS pop up.

Aw, Gropman/Somerville are TOO cute.

I still refuse to believe Eliana will be 16 in February and Ian will be 17 in September.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:love: The Greens. :luv17:

What a pity about that freak fall from Caroline. That will be costly. :sad21:

Edit: Also, wow, Eliana is almost 16!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
:love: The Greens. :luv17:

What a pity about that freak fall from Caroline. That will be costly. :sad21:

Edit: Also, wow, Eliana is almost 16!

Oh no, a fall? That stinks. At least they're getting valuable Junior experience ahead of their JGP eligibility next season. Besides the fall, was it lovely?

And yes, almost 16. Her and Ian are just both so tiny.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I'm glad it was a random draw and not seeded. This last group had my favorite programs by far...with the exception of the Parsons. The Skating God of Random Draws smiled on skating fans tonight.

I like how the Washington Figure Skating Club packages their junior teams. They let them be young, playful, and themselves. They don't force them to do something that's beyond and thus we benefit from watching skaters being totally comfortable and excited about what they're showing us.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, a fall? That stinks. At least they're getting valuable Junior experience ahead of their JGP eligibility next season. Besides the fall, was it lovely?

And yes, almost 16. Her and Ian are just both so tiny.

Yeah, a fall, but the rest was great. Unfortunately slots them in at 6th, 9 points below their personal best. I thought for sure they'd be pewter medalists this year but I don't see how they can overcome a 10 point deficit.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Gunter/Wein and the Greens have grown up so much compared to last year. Has Caleb always been that tall? And has Caroline always been that good a performer? I swear I saw her look directly into the camera and smile right at the beginning of their program. Too bad about the fall. I still expected them to be a little higher, so I'll be interested in the protocol.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yeah, a fall, but the rest was great. Unfortunately slots them in at 6th, 9 points below their personal best. I thought for sure they'd be pewter medalists this year but I don't see how they can overcome a 10 point deficit.

You never know. Ice is slippery, and stranger things have happened. I mean, the JGP/GP series this year was insane in this aspect.

Even if they don't medal, besides the freak fall, they still look like they're positioning themselves for a good run next season. 6th with a fall that knocked their StSq down to Level 1, and being so young and lacking in much experience in the SD (since Novice and below still does PD), is still pretty impressive!

I mean, they lost about 5-6.5ish potential points on that element alone (4.10 for Level 1 vs. 7.10 for Level 3/8.60 for Level 4, plus the negative GOE and the -1.00 for the fall) and potential PCS loss. Really, they're right in there if not for the fall argh.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First group had the veterans and they didn't disappoint and the final group had the next wave of teams to make their mark and they brought it too. US Ice dance is alive and well and in good hands for the future it seems. :agree:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You never know. Ice is slippery, and stranger things have happened. I mean, the JGP/GP series this year was insane in this aspect.

Even if they don't medal, besides the freak fall, they still look like they're positioning themselves for a good run next season. 6th with a fall that knocked their StSq down to Level 1, and being so young and lacking in much experience in the SD (since Novice and below still does PD), is still pretty impressive!

I mean, they lost about 5-6.5ish potential points on that element alone (4.10 for Level 1 vs. 7.10 for Level 3/8.60 for Level 4, plus the negative GOE and the -1.00 for the fall) and potential PCS loss. Really, they're right in there if not for the fall argh.

Yes, they're certainly positioned for a great run next season! I'm really excited to see them on the JGP; they're going to knock it out of the water. I'm such a huge fan of theirs so I know I'm biased but they just have SO much potential.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes, they're certainly positioned for a great run next season! I'm really excited to see them on the JGP; they're going to knock it out of the water. I'm such a huge fan of theirs so I know I'm biased but they just have SO much potential.

It's not really bias when it's true! :p

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I just rewatched "Ray" last night for the umpteenth time and I have got to see the Philadelphia team that skated to a Ray Charles medley. Considering their ages, that will either be great ....or epic not great.

Videos please;)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RESULTS JUNIOR SHORT DANCE

1- 72.42 38.49 33.93 0.00 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
Stw4, 1BL4+kpYYY, 2BL4kpYYY, SILi4, NtMiSt4
2- 70.44 37.39 33.05 0.00 Lorraine McNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
Stw4, RoLi4, 1BL4+kpYYY, 2BL4kpYYY, NtMiSt4
3- 66.77 35.37 31.40 0.00 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
2BL4kpYYY, SILi4, 1BL4+kpYYY, Stw4, NtMiSt3
4- 60.60 32.71 27.89 0.00 Chloe LEWIS / Logan BYE
2BL3kpYNY, SILi4, 1BL4+kpYYY, Stw4, NtMiSt3
5- 52.95 29.90 23.05 0.00 Eliana GROPMAN / Ian SOMERVILLE
NtMiSt3, SILi4, 1BL3+kpYNY, 2BL3kpYNY, Stw4
6- 50.54 26.89 24.65 1.00 Caroline GREEN / Gordon GREEN
SILi4, NtMiSt1, 1BL4+kpYYY, 2BL4kpYYY, Stw4 (fall on steps)
7- 50.27 27.84 22.43 0.00 Alina EFIMOVA / Alexander PETROV
1BL4+kpYYY, 2BL2kpYNN, CuLi4, Stw4, NtMiSt2
8- 50.18 29.61 20.57 0.00 Diana AVAZ / Val KATSMAN
2BL4+kpYYY, 1BL4kpYYY, Stw4, NtMiSt3, RoLi4
9- 49.37 27.03 22.34 0.00 Emma GUNTER / Caleb WEIN
NtMiSt2, 1BL3+kpYNY, 2BL2kpYNN, Stw4, SILi4
10- 46.51 25.23 22.28 1.00 Lydia ERDMAN / Alexey SHCHEPETOV
Stw2, NtMiSt3, 2BL2kpYNN, 1BL2kpNYN, RoLi4 (music tempo)
11- 45.62 25.39 20.23 0.00 Elizabeth ADDAS / Michael VALDEZ
Stw4, 2BL2kpYNN, 1BL3kpYTY, RoLi4, NtMiSt2
12- 38.97 21.37 18.60 1.00 Cassidy KLOPSTOCK / Jacob SCHEDL
1BL1kpNNN, Stw4, 2BL1kpNNN, CuLi4, NtDiSt1 (music tempo)

Last edited:

gkelly

Record Breaker
Gunter/Wein and the Greens have grown up so much compared to last year. Has Caleb always been that tall?

Yes, he was born at his current height. Fortunately for his mother, he wasn't wearing skates. :sarcasm: