2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Short Dance

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Parsons were just awesome, lived up to my expectations. So glad I saw them in person. That blues section is just killer, the lines, edges and unison ate out of this world.

McNamara/Carpenter were also good but seem more forced and less organic than the Parsons.

Very enjoyable night of dance. Pogrebinsky/Benoit were in the stands cheering the first groups on. Was good to see.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Yes, he was born at his current height. Fortunately for his mother, he wasn't wearing skates. :sarcasm:

Thank you gkelly. I am aware of how human growth works. ;) Seriously though, it's cool to see how these skaters have grown and developed over the years.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must say that Lorraine and Quinn's SD and Rachel and Michael's SD are both POW POW YES!!!! Well basically awesome! I said it before some time ago, if there are a few teams that could pull off hip-hop, those two teams would be two of only a few teams that can pull off hip-hop well. There are others. But I had my eye on them to do it well.

Yes I know they both have 70+ because of inflation at nationals, but just think, if they both improve at this rate and next nationals rolls around when they're both in seniors (Cause we know both teams will have no choice but to do seniors due to 3/4 of the individuals aging out after this season), how will they stack and will they go to 4CC if they do well enough next nationals (Since next season is Olympic season and the top-tier skaters who are going to the Olympics who live in a 4CC-member country (Does that make sense) don't do the 4CC that season). I'm still having both teams as contenders for the 2022 Olympics.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I must say that Lorraine and Quinn's SD and Rachel and Michael's SD are both POW POW YES!!!! Well basically awesome! I said it before some time ago, if there are a few teams that could pull off hip-hop, those two teams would be two of only a few teams that can pull off hip-hop well. There are others. But I had my eye on them to do it well.

Yes I know they both have 70+ because of inflation at nationals, but just think, if they both improve at this rate and next nationals rolls around when they're both in seniors (Cause we know both teams will have no choice but to do seniors due to 3/4 of the individuals aging out after this season), how will they stack and will they go to 4CC if they do well enough next nationals (Since next season is Olympic season and the top-tier skaters who are going to the Olympics who live in a 4CC-member country (Does that make sense) don't do the 4CC that season). I'm still having both teams as contenders for the 2022 Olympics.

Yes, the prospects for both teams, along w the Greens, are very exciting. I wonder if they will all stay at WISA. I hope so.

skatemd1

On the Ice

Totally Agree with the first part! But both these teams have also been getting close to 70 with international panels too, pretty consistently, so I don't actually think these scores were inflated much here. They just skated really well. Looking forward to FD today!

Last edited:

Cerebro

Rinkside
could someone please post a link to Mcnamara/Carpenter short dance ? can't find it anywhere. sorry if it is offtopic here. Thanks in advance!