2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD

Astrid56

Final Flight
I think that the connection that is supposed to be made between beyonce and Jay-Z and the Shibutani's dance is the problem I have with their SD this season. The music is hip hop, but where is the hip hop dance in their hip hop dance?

Yeah! Where? Definitely somewhere in Judy Blumberg's mindset. Even she would be able to explain the siblings' dance which, I tell you, is magical like P/C's and that's Evolution! :yahoo:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Do you mean the untied bowtie? I actually think it's a tribute to Jay-Z. I think his outfit is supposed to be a combo of Frank and Jay-Z.

What do you mean classier?

Yeah, sure it is meant to be a tribute to Frank, but it has not that "cool" effect on me. Mick Brezina last year with his untied bowtie was a lot more "wow". Alex's jacket looks like just randomly chosen from the wardrobe in a hurry. But hey, it's just personal taste. Alex is a great guy with beautiful looks, I'm glad you like his costume.

Barb

Record Breaker
Yeah, sure it is meant to be a tribute to Frank, but it has not that "cool" effect on me. Mick Brezina last year with his untied bowtie was a lot more "wow". Alex's jacket looks like just randomly chosen from the wardrobe in a hurry. But hey, it's just personal taste. Alex is a great guy with beautiful looks, I'm glad you like his costume.

To be fair other men dancing hip hop did not make much effort with their costumes, just look at Scott M., Evan B. and Zack.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
To be fair other men dancing hip hop did not make much effort with their costumes, just look at Scott M., Evan B. and Zack.

I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:
Then again, I don't care about them, while I like the Shibs a lot. I suppose that's why it bothers me more. It's just down to personal taste.