if you have NBC & NBCSN but not UniHD ... | Golden Skate

if you have NBC & NBCSN but not UniHD ...

corinthia

Rinkside
Not sure where to post this where it might help people for whom this applies...

I have seen posts from people who, like me, want to watch the coverage on TV, and have both NBC and NBCSN but *not* UniHD, which is where Men's SP ended up (as well as re-airings of other pieces, which might be useful for those that SO's that will insist on football -- conference championship playoffs! on Sunday...)

I discovered that my cable provider has a $6.95/month add-on that includes UniHD (plus other stuff I don't care about). And they say there is no charge to add it on now, and no charge to remove it a few weeks later...

While $6.95/month for year(s) is more than I would want to consider just for this, a single $6.95 for this month is small enough to not impact my budget, and for me personally is preferable to dealing with icenetwork (which from what I gather hear sounds it would be be more expensive, and a pain) or fiddling with streams/vpns.

So, I just now went ahead, called my cable company and added it... Just mentioning it in case considering this might help others in the same boat...