Practice Reports! | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!

dahu

Rinkside
Watching Nathan and Jason back to back was very telling. Nathan can certainly jump but, if Jason stays on his feet, IMO, He's the better skater between the 2. .....

Different stroking for different folking. I have long thought that Jason seems to be a great guy and that despite (or maybe partly because of) his being so flexilble his skating has a lax look to it (often not pointing toes, hyperextension in lumbar spine so sometimes a little hip flexion). I would prefer to watch Nathan independent of his awesome jumping.

qwerty

On the Ice
Per Jackie Wong, this was Gracie's practice yesterday, for those who are curious:

Gold: 3Lz, 2A3T(fall), rutnrhu (1Lz, 3Lo(step), 2A3T(ur,fall), 1A, 3Lz(<<,fall), 3F, 3S2T2T)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Per Jackie Wong, this was Gracie's practice yesterday, for those who are curious:

Gold: 3Lz, 2A3T(fall), rutnrhu (1Lz, 3Lo(step), 2A3T(ur,fall), 1A, 3Lz(<<,fall), 3F, 3S2T2T)

Well, that's about as depressing as it gets.....I hope she can get herself into bronze medal position. After the season she's had, I don't expect the committee to hold her up so she's going to have to earn her spot by skating a "Decent Program"

qwerty

On the Ice
Well, that's about as depressing as it gets.....I hope she can get herself into bronze medal position. After the season she's had, I don't expect the committee to hold her up so she's going to have to earn her spot by skating a "Decent Program"

Yes, I'm not expecting a miracle from her tonight. I hope she can at least put out a respectable program and improve upon the Fall '16 versions of her long program.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
One of the things is about Gracie while she has huge potential - does the world or US want a skater to just have their one good skate (I mean there could be more but) fluke so to s peak. That's the thing while it is lovely to hear about Sarah, Tara and ADelina's oly performances someone who has been consistent like even a Mao, Michelle, or Irina never get OGM. The thing is Gracie though young has had lots of opportunities to seize the day - I still think she can do it but really she has had the goods to be fairly consistent. And well she has been consistent in a way - consistently inconsistent with all her talent and resources it is sad. But I haven't given up on her at all. And true if she does "dECENT PROGRAM" we all know she will be generously rewarded right or wrong.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Ashley believe it or not really can win it - she has the experience, goods and all. I do think Karen or Miraai will be going to worlds I just also think one of them might crash off the podium. I still can believe the Canadian ladies looked better when the States have Ashley and Gracie among others. But in the fs the Canadians aren't so strong - so far.

sheetz

Record Breaker
According to Jackie Wong Vincent is including 4Lz in his practice run thru. He could very well win silver. Also could be the first competition where two men land 4Lz!

Last edited:

matcha

Medalist

Bright side: at least she got that pesky flip?

Last edited:

pjskater

Rinkside

Oh boy I don't want to see her have a tough skate, what is that going to do to her? Please no heartbreak for her tonight!

bytheriver

On the Ice
I'm going to have to pause the broadcast while she skates and watch it later like I do with Mirai. Too potentially heartbreaking to watch live.

pjskater

Rinkside
I'm going to have to pause the broadcast while she skates and watch it later like I do with Mirai. Too potentially heartbreaking to watch live.

I can't watch either, too hard. I don't think I'll even watch replay, her struggles have been painful to see as a skating fan. I've always liked Mirai so I hope she does well, it would be great for her.