Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Seyit and Sura

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz emerald View Post
    I just read that letter...I feel like maybe Sura loved him more than he loved her....it is heartbreaking.
    Dear Topaz Emerald- could you please provide a link to that letter you speak of, and the link for the picture of Sura’s grave which the author and Sandra Wells visited? Thank you !

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    AH! I have found the 2 aforementioned photos and a few other treasures.
    And my breath caught in my throat when I realized that Sura is buried about 35 miles from where I sit !!

Now I will go visit and leave a rose from my garden, a very special & rare rose, its called a Sterling Silver with the most exquisite scent. Hard do grow and the color is indescribable.

The author Nermin and Sura’s daughter at Sura’s grave https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...48f86992e1.jpg

The real Seyit and Sura

http://38.media.tumblr.com/77764e090...vpdo1_1280.jpg

And here is a translated version of one of the letters that Sura had written to Seyit, after she had been in Paris for some time and was planning to leave for New York City.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...40be3da11c.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hbpeggy...n/photostream/
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-02-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Match Penalty

2 Not allowed!
    Dear Ladyhawk,

I've been trying to find letters from Seyit to Sura. So far I only got to read that one letter you posted that Sura sent to Seyit. If anyone found more letters, please post

That's a very pretty purple silverish rose. Can't believe you live so close to her grave. It's amazing the journey she made all the way from Russia to America.
    Last edited by topaz emerald; 02-02-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Ladyhawk,

I've been trying to find letters from Seyit to Sura. So far I only got to read that one letter you posted that Sura sent to Seyit. If anyone found more letters, please post
    Hi Topaz- my guess is that there are more out there but its all in Turkish probably so if we see a link in Turkish- we English speakers will be out of luck. My guess is that Nermin has probably included photos of them in her books. Again it would all be in Turkish. Would be difficult to locate these reproduced letters but I am sure they will turn up eventually in English.

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowfamily View Post
    Does anyone know if it is true that Seyit and Sura were planning an actual wedding day when Seyit was taken away on a ship by Captain Billy? That broke my heart! Just watched last night where he makes it back but goes to Petro first! I find myself wanting to scream at the TV. So Petro was a real character in their lives?
    I don't know if that is true, but my guess is he was never captured and the author just had to add juice to the plot. But who knows, Seyit was actually on Bolshevik's blacklist of those who they wanted killed since he was a personal guard of the tsar. So he may have been captured and somehow escaped, but I doubt it. If they captured him, he most likely would have been killed, probably.....it's hard to know, that's why I need to read the book. If anyone can share any real details that wasn't portrayed in the film, much appreciated.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawk View Post
    Hi Topaz- my guess is that there are more out there but its all in Turkish probably so if we see a link in Turkish- we English speakers will be out of luck. My guess is that Nermin has probably included photos of them in her books. Again it would all be in Turkish. Would be difficult to locate these reproduced letters but I am sure they will turn up eventually in English.
    Ladyhawk, yes, I saw many videos in turkish, but I can't understand or read them, laughs! Even interviews on Nermin but all in Turkish!

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!

I read he recovered after he got sick? and then slit his wrists....someone made a comment on Facebook.
    Not sure. It sounded like he was in poor health after and couldn't take being an invalid of sorts. This is what Nermin Bezmen wrote: MY GRANDPA COMMITTED SUICIDE AFTER HE GOT VERY VERY SICK FROM HIS LUNGS. HE JUST COULD NOT TAKE A LIFE STYLE BEING A NEEDY ONE AFTER SUCH A LIFE. HE LOVED MY GRANDMA NEVER THE LESS BUT THEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT WOMEN WITH WHOLE DIFFERENT TWO CHARACTERS

Match Penalty

2 Not allowed!
    I found this online....I read this is a poem Nermin wrote at the end of the third book "Grandfather and Me"

"And, the last letter..☺✉ This one is very unique and very beautiful I think.. because, Kurt Seyit's granddaughter, Nermin Bezmen wrote this letter, for Şura. She telling her thoughts about Şura and what Seyit told her about Şura.. incredibly touching! Here is it dears:

" To Shura.. I recognized your voice in the songs of three horses,
    flying on the white snow in the distant sound of church bells.
    I saw your hair - dancing snowflakes in the moonlight.
    It must have been a holiday
    The monks were going out in a thin threads
    they were singing psalms
    For the first time you stood in front of me, dear Shura ..
    I want to behold you among the whistling of the wind among the trotting horses,
    when the snow turns into fog under their legs.
    As grandpa was telling..grandpa didn't forget the past, Shura.
    He didn't forget anything. He was telling like it was yesterday.....
    especially after a glass of vodka - he was lost in the past, humming a Russian song.....
    the memories ran towards him in quick three horses sleighs.
    Grandpa was chasing them with a glass of vodka in his hand and when he didn't succeed,
    his tears were falling from an undescribable sorrow for Russia, and for you, Shura.. " I'm speechless again! 😭 Just so beautiful! And, I must say that, this is the end of the letter posts.. I hope you liked them, and this idea from me! I really enjoyed to post them and to read them! 😍 Soon, the collages about " Kurt Seyit ve Şura - best moments of the 2nd season " coming! 🔜 Ps. : Kurt Seyit's last word before his death, was ŞURA.. ❤🙏 #kurtseyitveşura #love "
    -------------------------------------

so it sounds like Seyit also told stories of his love with Sura to his grand-daughter Nermin, and it wasn't all from Valentina.
    Last edited by topaz emerald; 02-03-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowfamily View Post
    Does anyone know if it is true that Seyit and Sura were planning an actual wedding day when Seyit was taken away on a ship by Captain Billy? That broke my heart! Just watched last night where he makes it back but goes to Petro first! I find myself wanting to scream at the TV. So Petro was a real character in their lives?
    Yes, he was a real character who betrayed Seyit. He led them to Seyit's family home and had his whole family murdered. In real life, Petro died the same way as portrayed in the film. Celil is also a real character in real life, and he helped Seyit finish off evil Petro.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you for posting this Topaz, it is beautiful.
    I did get that sense of melancholia from Seyit in his family portrait.
    A man somewhat resigned to his fate;
    a wife (Murka), sitting in contemplation without a smile, neither in eyes nor on lips.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...ad&fr2=piv-web
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-03-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I found this online....I read this is a poem Nermin wrote at the end of the third book "Grandfather and Me"

"And, the last letter..☺✉ This one is very unique and very beautiful I think.. because, Kurt Seyit's granddaughter, Nermin Bezmen wrote this letter, for Şura. She telling her thoughts about Şura and what Seyit told her about Şura.. incredibly touching! Here is it dears:

" To Shura.. I recognized your voice in the songs of three horses,
    flying on the white snow in the distant sound of church bells.
    I saw your hair - dancing snowflakes in the moonlight.
    It must have been a holiday
    The monks were going out in a thin threads
    they were singing psalms
    For the first time you stood in front of me, dear Shura ..
    I want to behold you among the whistling of the wind among the trotting horses,
    when the snow turns into fog under their legs.
    As grandpa was telling..grandpa didn't forget the past, Shura.
    He didn't forget anything. He was telling like it was yesterday.....
    especially after a glass of vodka - he was lost in the past, humming a Russian song.....
    the memories ran towards him in quick three horses sleighs.
    Grandpa was chasing them with a glass of vodka in his hand and when he didn't succeed,
    his tears were falling from an undescribable sorrow for Russia, and for you, Shura.. " I'm speechless again! 😭 Just so beautiful! And, I must say that, this is the end of the letter posts.. I hope you liked them, and this idea from me! I really enjoyed to post them and to read them! 😍 Soon, the collages about " Kurt Seyit ve Şura - best moments of the 2nd season " coming! 🔜 Ps. : Kurt Seyit's last word before his death, was ŞURA.. ❤🙏 #kurtseyitveşura #love "
    -------------------------------------

so it sounds like Seyit also told stories of his love with Sura to his grand-daughter Nermin, and it wasn't all from Valentina.
    Wait, but how can that be...? Didn't he die in 1945? She wasn't born until 1954.

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    I found more letters! Wait.....

"In this letter Seyit wrote about his feelings, when he got to know that Şura will go to another country, with another man .. Seyit wrote the letter for his beloved angel.. - " My little sweetheart, my little Shura. I don't know what to say to you. All night I thought about you going away with another guy .. you cannot imagine what this scene brings upon me, but I swear to you, there is no other woman alive who I can live beside me, but you, my one and only, my Shura.. "

and this was Sura's letter reply to his letter above:

Şura: " I though I made you upset. " Seyit: " Why should you upset me, my little Shura? Doesn't everybody ask God of the same things? " Şura: " Are you sure that God listens to everybody's prayers? " Seyit: " Yes my love, I'm certain. And love is unique as God! " Şura: " What is the recipe for love? " Seyit: " Love, my darling. Love is one of the most beautiful things that God gave to Earth.. "
    ---------------------------------------------------

I'll keep editing this comment to add more letters....

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Seyit: Good evening Alexandra Verjenskaya! " " Şura: Good evening Seyit! Are you angry with me? " " Seyit: Angry? Angry you said? How do you expect me to be, Shura? What did you want me to do? How could I feel when they snatch away the one and only love of my life? "

"Kurt Seyit wrote this letter to his beloved angel, but she never saw it - Petro threw the letter into the fire.. so here is it: " Shura, my love.. my first love, my hope, my longing, my everything.. it has been long time since I've got the news from you. The posts here come very late. I keep your letters on my chest. I feel your smell that I have missed every line..the memories went in front of my eyes. Your eyes.. those eyes that sleeping in the dark stand out two stars. In my most hopeless moments, they shine in my nights. In order to listen to you again.. in order to feel your tiny hands in my palm, I am trying to endure. My love is my courage, my gun, my shield. Your prayers are my protection. My beloved Shura..my little girl. If this cruel hand of war would take me from you..if a cruel weapon would prevent me to reunite with you..I want you to know that, and in my last breath, I'll say that, I love you."

**I wonder how the letter was recovered if it was thrown in the fire?**
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll just post this one too, even though the link is already provided from a couple of you:

" years passed.. Şura wrote a letter for Seyit from Paris.. I can't imagine that this little angel suffered that much and she was so depressed and desperated in her new life.. here is it dears, just read it: - " Seyit darling.. I don't know when my letter will find you. I try anyway. I learned from the recent arrivals that you are still in Istanbul. There are so many white emigres in Paris. I see almost every day one of those faces what I saw in Pera. I came here , but after a long while I gave birth to a dead baby.. I got very sick. But now I'm fine. I just broke up with my husband. There is nothing that connects me to stay here anymore. Seyit, I know a long time has passed, but I still feel like we can managed. If you ever want to make a new life again, I'm waiting for you. I'll be in Paris for two more months. I'm writing my adress, if it is possible, please come. I don't know where I will be tomorrow, because my fate is not clear now.. I miss you so much. Your loving Shurucka. "
    Last edited by topaz emerald; 02-03-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldsofgreen View Post
    Wait, but how can that be...? Didn't he die in 1945? She wasn't born until 1954.
    I took it to mean she was imagining this scenario and created a poem which she titled To Shura?

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldsofgreen View Post

you are right. I wish some sources were more accurate.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    ahh, such a tragic story. But there is one consolation. At the end of their lives, they were together in Spirit. Does anyone know when Sura passed away?

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for posting this Topaz, it is beautiful.
    I did get that sense of melancholia from Seyit in his family portrait.
    A man somewhat resigned to his fate;
    a wife (Murka), sitting in contemplation without a smile, neither in eyes nor on lips.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...ad&fr2=piv-web
    yup, well put.
    I still don't understand it. Maybe Sura was engaged to another man first. There is a scene in the series where a man appears at a restaurant with Sura....I tried to cheat a few times by skipping ahead, but I couldn't bring myself to even finish watching that scene or that episode. I just don't want to see Murka appear, laughs. Hard for me to see him look with someone else besides Shura. Especially, all that they been through....

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    yea......Murka...
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-03-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    ahh, such a tragic story. But there is one consolation. At the end of their lives, they were together in Spirit. Does anyone know when Sura passed away?
    I think she changed her name in America to Sandra. Her grave says 1966...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    yup, well put.
    I still don't understand it. Maybe Sura was engaged to another man first. There is a scene in the series where a man appears at a restaurant with Sura....I tried to cheat a few times by skipping ahead, but I couldn't bring myself to even finish watching that scene or that episode. I just don't want to see Murka appear, laughs. Hard for me to see him look with someone else besides Shura. Especially, all that they been through....

That man may have been the rich French gentleman that she goes to Paris with?
    yea......Murka... I had my own "Murka” appear, back in 1985.
    It happened exactly like in the movie.
    My “Seyit” married someone else.
    In fact, in one of the scenes, after he marries Murka, Sura says 3 things that are nearly verbatim to what I myself said when I found out he had done this.
    Maybe that is why this movie got to me so much. All I can tell you is that they had a miserable life together, only lasted 10 years. I actually wrote it all down- up to 14 chapters now.
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-03-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    I think she changed her name in America to Sandra. Her grave says 1966...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Sandra! Why in the world??.....then where does Wells come from, she remarried here in America?
    If true that tells me she was trying to erase as much of her past as possible, she must have been very sad all those years. She most certainly would have known that Seyit had killed himself in ’45.
    Wait it just came to me: “Sandra” may have been ‘Xandra! Which, in English, people would assume to be ‘Sandra' when pronounced. As in, a short cut to her name, Alexandra!
    Here, there would have been no ‘ Ş ‘ letter or sound to use her nickname, Şura !!
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-03-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast