Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Seyit and Sura

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawk View Post
    That man may have been the rich French gentleman that she goes to Paris with?
    yea......Murka... I had my own "Murka” appear, back in 1985.
    It happened exactly like in the movie.
    My “Seyit” married someone else.
    In fact, in one of the scenes, after he marries Murka, Sura says 3 things that are nearly verbatim what I myself said when I found out he had done this.
    Maybe that is why this movie got to me so much. All I can tell you is that they had a miserable life together, only lasted 10 years. I actually wrote it all down- up to 14 chapters now.
    yes, what I like about this movie is that a lot of people can relate to different parts of it. Wow, thanks for sharing details of your life....did you still love him after that? I've never experienced heartache before, but if he decided to leave me for someone else, I'd have to move on and tell myself it wasn't fate....I've gotten my sister to watch the series too, I think she can relate to both of their decisions better than I can because she's been through a really difficult relationship with her ex of 7 years, she has as child by her current ex, and he is married to someone else with two kids now....but recently, she bumped ito him at Nordstroms and he was so shocked, when he approached her to give her a hug, he was shaking, and she can feel that he didn't want to let her go....I always thought the issue between them was trust, and if you don't have this, you got to move on with someone else....

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz emerald View Post
    yes, what I like about this movie is that a lot of people can relate to different parts of it. Wow, thanks for sharing details of your life....did you still love him after that? I've never experienced heartache before, but if he decided to leave me for someone else, I'd have to move on and tell myself it wasn't fate....I've gotten my sister to watch the series too, I think she can relate to both of their decisions better than I can because she's been through a really difficult relationship with her ex of 7 years, she has as child by her current ex, and he is married to someone else with two kids now....but recently, she bumped ito him at Nordstroms and he was so shocked, when he approached her to give her a hug, he was shaking, and she can feel that he didn't want to let her go....I always thought the issue between them was trust, and if you don't have this, you got to move on with someone else....
    Yes there is much suffering in this world, all under the name of LOVE- I am hoping that in future times it won’t have to be so hard for everyone. At the heart of it all is 'trust' of course, and once that is broken its extrememly difficult to go back as it was. Integrity- that is another thing missing from many people. Too easy to lie and very easy to get away with it...for a short itme anyway. The truth will always come out. I have great respect for those in relationships that are open and honest- its quite, quite painful to love someone and find out its only YOUR delusional idea and that the other person is not on the same planet as you are. When that hits you, you realize all along it was a one -sided love affair- an addiction. At that point all you can do is pick up your pieces and move forward. And watch him walk off with yet someone else... to answer your question- yes I did- but it did not end well.

Someone on this thread mentioned that it seemed as if Sura loved Seyit more than he loved her.
    Remeber, Seyit always spoke of honor- his honor and his word were everything. To leave Murka would have been dishonerable and he could not do that, he had made a vow.
    He had to sacrifice his love for Sura in order to maintain his honor, keep his word.
    What he said with his last breath should end all doubt as to who he truly loved, don’t you think?

Love to the highest altar...of sacrifice.
    ... it hurts something terrible....
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-03-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Yes there is much suffering in this world, all under the name of LOVE- am hoping that in future times it won’t have to be so hard for everyone. At the heart of it all is 'trust' of course, and once that is broken its extrememly difficult to go back as it was. Integrity- that is another thing missing from many people. Too easy to lie and very easy to get away with it...for a short itme anyway, the truth will always come out. I have great respect for those in relationships that are open and honest- its quite quite painful to love someone and find out its only YOUR delusional idea and that the other person is not on the same planet as you are. When that hits you, you realize all along it was a one -sided love affair- an addiction. At that point all you can do is pick up your pieces and move forward. And watch him walk off with yet someone else... to answer your question- yes I did- but it did not end well...

Someone on this thread mentioned that it seemed as if Sura loved Seyit more than he loved her.
    Remeber, Seyit always spoke of honor- his honor and his word were everything. To leave Murka would have been dishonerable and he could not do that.
    He had to sacrifice his love for Sura in order to maintain his honor, keep his word.
    What he said with his last breath should end all doubt as to who he truly loved, don’t you think?

Love to the highest altar...of sacrifice.
    ... hurts something terrible....
    well said.....

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Ok guys...I am diving back in! Going to watch again.
    Need my daily dose of Seyit and Sura.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I read last night on the you tube page where the author (and granddaughter of seyit) wrote that Petro and Celil actually never made it to Istanbul. That part was created for the series to make it more "intriguing" . I tried to copy/paste here but could not get it to work.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I think she changed her name in America to Sandra. Her grave says 1966...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    She was born in 1903 ?! So he was 24 and she was just 13 when they met??!! Yowza

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    I read on a Russian site that the author decided to research her grandfather's life and went back to Russia, Crimea, etc to learn more about him (and Sura). She did research for several year (8 yrs?) but did not have a lot of luck, since those who knew Seyit best were all gone/passed away. Then she met a well-known author/researcher in Istanbul and he introduced her to one of the few remaining Belarus individuals still in Istanbul...90 year old Baronness Valentina. She showed a photograph of her grandfather to the Baroness and asked "Do you recognize this man? Did you ever know him?" and the Baroness left the room and returned 15 minutes later, with tear stained cheeks and said "Sura...my sister". Then the Baroness started to tell her the stories of their life, and eventually gave her some photos and other items that she still had from that time.

* I don't know if this account is reliable but it brought a tear to my eye. If true, it's a beautiful story and I love that the Baroness had someone to pass these stories on to before she passed away.*

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    One of the posters on the Russian site also said that she read the book and from what she says, Sura asked to see Seyit again one last time when he was sick, but he didn't go/didn't agree to it, or some such... :-(

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldsofgreen View Post
    One of the posters on the Russian site also said that she read the book and from what she says, Sura asked to see Seyit again one last time when he was sick, but he didn't go/didn't agree to it, or some such... :-(
    Perhaps what may have happened, if this is true, that Sura asked to see him again and he refused, it may have been that Seyit could not bear to see her again- it would reopen too many wounds. It would be to great a burden to bear. His memories would suffice. We sometimes beat ourselves up over the decisions we made, in this case Seyit married someone else and remained forever lost without his anchor/heart, but with his honor intact. He did his duty. Do not forget he was a trained soldier and his word meant everything. It was all he had left to remain an honorable man.
    Fractured as he was, he carried on, as the British say. Perhaps, to see his Twin Flame, would have shattered him to pieces. Fieldsofgreen, pls post that link here to the Russian site, I have many Russian friends who can translate for me
    I can totally relate to your own experience, as mine was similar.
    I can also relate to Seyit’s decision not to see Sura one last time.
    Once this break I am contemplating, to end a 48 year relationship, is completed. I can move on with my life, but
    I never wish to see him again. It would be extraordinarily painful.
    Best to move on.
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 02-03-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    A more telling sign, is that when she transitioned, she was only 63?
    How sad, that is the age I am now!
    I believe, if all the accounts are true, that is to say, if Nermin has accurately captured what really happned as per her books, then once
    you have encoutered your Twin Flame, and you are parted, some part of you deep down, really does not wish to live on without the other
    by your side. It seems, by our modern outlook, that both died at a relatively young age all things considered. We now know how Seyit died, but does anyone know
    how Sura died?

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you for sharing ....... then his granddaughter never met Seyit. Nermin Bezmen was born in 1954. This would mean that she received all her information from Tina and from her grandmother Murka.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I don't understand how Nermin Bezmen could've spoken to her grandfather Seyit .... if he died in 1945 and his granddaughter was born in 1954.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Going for my second time also❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Love them!!!!!!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Wasn't she 15 and he 24?

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati View Post
    Thank you for sharing ....... then his granddaughter never met Seyit. Nermin Bezmen was born in 1954. This would mean that she received all her information from Tina and from her grandmother Murka.
    From what I have gleaned so far, since I have not read the original 4 books in Turkish, is that Nermin has collected much information
    from various sources. She tried to locate and contact people who might have still been alive when she first began her research which if I remember correctly,
    took 8 years before she was able to complete her first book in the series.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati View Post
    I don't understand how Nermin Bezmen could've spoken to her grandfather Seyit .... if he died in 1945 and his granddaughter was born in 1954.
    In a post here on this thread, it is suggested that she imagined a scene with her grandfather and created a poem. I don’t think she actually did speak
    with her grandfather, for of course, he was gone before she was born. Literary license.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    In the series, Seyit betrays her. Is this true in real life?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    In the series, Seyit betrays her. Is this true in real life?
    Do you refer to the 1-night stand with the stranger?
    If so, have no clue. Have to ask the author that question.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Do you refer to the 1-night stand with the stranger?
    If so, have no clue. Have to ask the author that question.
    Yes I am. He did that after mistaking her cousin for her new lover and instead of confronting her, he went mad.

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    By the way, this is my first time watching a Turkish series. And I must say they keep it pretty clean on the romance side, laughs.

Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast