I spoke with Mirai ;) | Golden Skate

I spoke with Mirai ;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, but you can't torture us and not tell us about the conversation! :laugh2: Is she as beautiful as I think she is?!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ok, but you can't torture us and not tell us about the conversation! :laugh2: Is she as beautiful as I think she is?!

Arriba! Are you there yet? Did you see men's practice today? Any reports would be greatly appreciated!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Arriba! Are you there yet? Did you see men's practice today? Any reports would be greatly appreciated!

Actually I'm frantically packing and getting ready. Have a 10:15 am flight tomorrow. Not sure if I'll get to any practices. Really looking forward to the competitions!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Actually I'm frantically packing and getting ready. Have a 10:15 am flight tomorrow. Not sure if I'll get to any practices. Really looking forward to the competitions!

I hope you have a great time. Layers and good snacks are essential. Remember, you never know if you're going to crash into your favorite skater. In fact, it may be somewhere outside the rink like Starbucks or when you're eating between events. So, always have a pen on you and something for them sign. The easier you make it for them to sign quickly, the better chance you have that they'll say yes. Again......Have a great time!!!!!!

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope you have a great time. Layers and good snacks are essential. Remember, you never know if you're crash into your favorite skater. In fact, it may be somewhere outside the rink like Starbucks or when you're eating between events. So, always have a pen on you and something for them sign. The easier you make it for them to sign quickly, the better chance you have that they'll say yes. Again......Have a great time!!!!!!

Thx for the advice. You definitely are the voice of experience. I'm not too much of an autograph person but have kicked myself several times when I've met skaters and don't have my camera handy. Or I take a picture and am so excited that I chop heads off or it's all blurry! :gaah: :console: Ready on the layers, although I have to say last year at St. Paul I was SO warm (too warm!). Seems like you have to be prepared for anything. Snacks -- check! Usually by the end, I swear I'll never eat :popcorn: for the rest of my life! I am SO excited! I have favorites from many countries, but it really is very special to cheer for all my American favorites! Go Jason, Max, Tarah and Danny, Gracie, Ashley, Mirai, Marissa & Mervin, Haven & Brandon, and on and on!!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I elected to not ask her about the axel. She did remember exactly when we took the pic with Joy and Max. Besides being very nice to old coyotes, yes, she is very beautiful. I can now talk to Maddie Hubble and Courtney Hicks without getting weak in the knees. Is that good or bad? ;)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I elected to not ask her about the axel. She did remember exactly when we took the pic with Joy and Max. Besides being very nice to old coyotes, yes, she is very beautiful. I can now talk to Maddie Hubble and Courtney Hicks without getting weak in the knees. Is that good or bad? ;)

I'm glad you got to speak to Mirai, Coyote!! Isn't she just the best?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

She is beautiful inside and out. Very approachable no matter if you are 6 or 67. She is not arrogent in any way. She is just wonderful.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Got to speak to Mirai! Showed her my notebook cover . She �� it.

so happy for you CoyoteChris! (and jealous of course), Mirai seems to me as very humble, down-to-earth and kind person, it sure was a great experience to talk to her :)

at the same time, I imagine that if I'd meet e.g. Tessa and Scott or Maia and Alex OR Weaver/Poje :)drama:), I'd forget how to speak probably, let alone sound coherently :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
so happy for you CoyoteChris! (and jealous of course), Mirai seems to me as very humble, down-to-earth and kind person, it sure was a great experience to talk to her :)

at the same time, I imagine that if I'd meet e.g. Tessa and Scott or Maia and Alex OR Weaver/Poje :)drama:), I'd forget how to speak probably, let alone sound coherently :laugh:

I hear you! I have spoken to Maia and Alex and they are very much like Mirai....they make every FOFS breakfast they can and they are the people you wish you could have for grandkids...so polite and well mannered and appreciative of our support. (If any of you see Courtney Hicks, ask her straight up and first is there is a Courtney Hicks "Look-a-Like" contest in town....She will really laugh! ;) )