2017 Europeans Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Short Dance

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two need a lot of work on the technical side too, but I enjoyed them which is more than I can say for the other teams in this group. They have a nice sensual vibe out there and she looked like she was actually enjoying herself even after the fall. I hope we'll see more of them in the future.

Lota

Record Breaker
Kinda OT, but kinda not question, since it's almost break time: what do you guys think, in which discipline are the first groups most difficult to sit through? The middle groups usually contain some unexpectedly interesting performances or elements, but the first groups can be quite painful. Which discipline is worst in that respect?

TMC

Record Breaker
Love his suit! It's a cool throwback to the times when men used to skate in suits in the Olympics :love:

TMC

Record Breaker
Kinda OT, but kinda not question, since it's almost break time: what do you guys think, in which discipline are the first groups most difficult to sit through? The middle groups usually contain some unexpectedly interesting performances or elements, but the first groups can be quite painful. Which discipline is worst in that respect?

Pairs. When the skill isn't there, it's just terrifying sometimes. Men can be bad, too, but they are more boring than painful to watch.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

Idk I used to think it was pairs. But this season Short Dance has really been difficult for me to sit through. I think it depends of the dance that's selected that year honestly. For singles it varies more depending on the events' level. But I usually end up enjoying skaters on the 1st groups sometimes as much as the favs.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Pairs. When the skill isn't there, it's just terrifying sometimes. Men can be bad, too, but they are more boring than painful to watch.

Though, I think it depends on the competition. Yesterday the pairs were a lot more fun to watch than the first groups of ladies, IMO.

tulosai

Record Breaker

Honestly they are all bad for different reasons but I agree with TMC pairs has the potential to be the worst- there can be some very terrifying moments especially in Juniors if you are watching early groups- you need a strong stomach if you are watching bad junior pairs.

I actually think dance can have the 'best' early group potential- often at least some performances are just plain enjoyable even if the skaters in question can't hold an edge to save their life.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Though, I think it depends on the competition. Yesterday the pairs were a lot more fun to watch than the first groups of ladies, IMO.

Yes the first pairs group yesterday was just fantastic, I would watch any of those programs again!

katha

On the Ice
Yeah, I tend to agree with that. Amateur hour is painful to watch in all disciplines, because "slightly beyond beginner's level" is not fun for spectators usually (unless it's your kids or something doing it). But with pairs, when it's bad it's scary because the wonky technique can result in really horrific accidents.

auser

Record Breaker
Pairs falls can really scare me most, I think because of the height :eek:. I keep a special little pillow to hide my face when watching pairs for those scary fall replays I just can't bear to watch. It works for gory Game of Thrones/Outlander scenes too :laugh:.

Lota

Record Breaker
I agree that Pairs are probably the worst to watch for the terror aspect. Though, in Ice Dance, since it doesn't have so many showy elements, if the skating skills are bad it is hard to watch as well.

TMC

Record Breaker
Pairs falls can really scare me most, I think because of the height :eek:. I keep a special little pillow to hide my face when watching pairs for those scary fall replays I just can't bear to watch. It works for gory Game of Thrones/Outlander scenes too :laugh:.

I have a 'unicorn Pusheen' plushie for that :laugh:

Last edited: