Deanna Stellato & Nathan Bartholomay | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Deanna Stellato & Nathan Bartholomay

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sure wish Deanna and Nate would do as well on their jumps and throws as they do on some of their gorgeous lifts. Their Kiss and Cry time just feels SO uncomfortable to me. I can never get a read on Deanna's scowl -- is she mad at Nate? mad at herself? just generally upset? I'm very worried about them and hope they are doing ok. Usually we get a good vibe and energy from Mr. Peterson in the K & C, and I'm not feeling that either.

Hoping they can regroup and have a better showing at Rostelecom.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sure wish Deanna and Nate would do as well on their jumps and throws as they do on some of their gorgeous lifts. Their Kiss and Cry time just feels SO uncomfortable to me. I can never get a read on Deanna's scowl -- is she mad at Nate? mad at herself? just generally upset? I'm very worried about them and hope they are doing ok. Usually we get a good vibe and energy from Mr. Peterson in the K & C, and I'm not feeling that either.

Hoping they can regroup and have a better showing at Rostelecom.

They do look glum and they are difficult to read, sometimes. But I remember they looked glum last year. I remember Deanna saying in one of her interviews, She and Nate are “real” with each other and don’t feel the need to tiptoe, they are adults and don’t have time to waste:biggrin: I can’t find it now, so I hope I’m not making it up...

But they are gorgeous skaters, and someday I hope to see the gorgeous program in international comps that I know they can give us.:pray:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They do look glum and they are difficult to read, sometimes. But I remember they looked glum last year. I remember Deanna saying in one of her interviews, She and Nate are “real” with each other and don’t feel the need to tiptoe, they are adults and don’t have time to waste:biggrin: I can’t find it now, so I hope I’m not making it up...

But they are gorgeous skaters, and someday I hope to see the gorgeous program in international comps that I know they can give us.:pray:

They are wonderful skaters, and I keep hoping the partnership is strong. They talk a lot about Deanna being older, but I like the fact that they are older and more mature skaters. I'm still keeping my hopes up for them, and I really like their new programs this season. Here's hoping Mr. Peterson can work his magic and whip them into shape. I know the comments have been made previously that Mr. Peterson's skaters are always well prepared, so these programs probably just need to simmer a little bit longer.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
They were 8th after the SP at Rostelecom Cup, but withdrew from the FS. I think I read somewhere that Deanna had stomach problems, but I'm not sure if it's true. If yes, I hope she'll recover soon.

Anyway, quite a tough weekend for American skaters: Stellato-Dudek and Gracie Gold withdrew from Rostelecom Cup and Calalang/Johnson withdrew/did not appear at Inge Solar.

TMC

Record Breaker
They were 8th after the SP at Rostelecom Cup, but withdrew from the FS. I think I read somewhere that Deanna had stomach problems, but I'm not sure if it's true. If yes, I hope she'll recover soon.

Anyway, quite a tough weekend for American skaters: Stellato-Dudek and Gracie Gold withdrew from Rostelecom Cup and Calalang/Johnson withdrew/did not appear at Inge Solar.

I believe she had a stomach bug :(

One of the commentators on TV here is a judge and she mentioned that it's a big hassle to withdraw mid-competition and that it's not actually even allowed without a doctor's note. So in order to WD, you really have to be sick or injured.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It worries me that Deanna always looks like she's about to cry. I hadn't heard about the stomach issues, so maybe that's what happened here. I'm sure it would be disappointing to prepare and then be ill. Come on Deanna and Nate. You can do it! I have to think Mr. Peterson must be feeling the pressure too.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just heard that Deanna ate some food on the plane that made her sick. That's too bad. Well, hope she can recuperate and they can start gearing up for Nats. In practice for the FS, she still felt sick and she fell on her death spiral and I think they decided they were done.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Deanna and Nate on their bronze medal at Golden Spin!:hap10:

I am liking the new SP, I think dramatic flourishes suit them, and show off their maturity and elegance.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Enjoyed talking to Deanna and Nate at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast. Congratulated them on their bronze. I was asking Nate what kind of weight training he does, because he looks like Hercules on Ice! :laugh: He said he doesn't do any special regimen, but their off-ice training is really his weight lifting. They do an hour of lifts and running through things off-ice, broken up into (2) 1/2 hour sessions. I find their maturity on the ice so appealing! :2thumbs:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for posting @Arriba627! It’s sometimes easy to forget just how strong these pairs guys are, and from my one experience seeing Nate live, he was indeed very impressive.

I love their maturity on the ice as well. I like the “Somewhere” program better than the Tango, it suits them and their style.

So congrats to Deanna and Nate on their bronze at US Nats. :clap:Sorry that they didn’t get the Four Continents bid, I know Jim P. was upset :sad21: but onwards and upwards :hap10:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deanna is from the Chicago area, so we were talking about some Chicago stuff. I also mentioned that I really liked their programs this year. They seemed very enthused about the programs. I was a little lukewarm when I first saw "Somewhere", but I really enjoyed seeing it live. I'm sure they're a little disappointed about 4CC, but they were all smiles at the breakfast.

Adding -- Deanna still had some of her glittery eye shadow on! :biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's official;

Deanna and Nate have announced the end of the skating partnership. :sad21::sad21::sad21:

Nate's IG Post

Deanna's IG Post

Nate will be taking a "step back" to recover from a nagging knee injury and Deanna intends to continue her competitive career.

Nate wrote that he and Deanna "will always be close" and Deanna wrote "we will always have a strong friendship".:agree:

I will always remember that triumphant Hallelujah SP in their first Nats. :luv17: Best of luck to Deanna and Nate in the future!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear they've split. Wonder if either one will continue. Sounds like Nate needs some recovery time...Oops, just see above Deanna will continue.

Wishing them both the best.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
What a pity to hear. Now I have a conspirological idea that they were not given a 4CC spot because USFSA knew about Nathan's problems and probable split up.
But maybe Nate will recover soon and the guys team up again.