Conrad Orzel | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Conrad Orzel

icetug

Medalist
So tomorrow Conrad is going to debut in senior GP circuit, moreover - to make his debut really strong as his planned content is the most ambitious (along Boyang) of all at CoC.
I believe he's ready. And hope to see his smile. At least twice :).
Good luck!

icetug

Medalist
Earliest plums are always worm-eaten (that's a Polish equivalent of famous Orser's saying ;))

Conrad was so noticeably nervous I deeply felt for him (however it's a bit funny to see him checking all his wardrobe elements before skating exactly like a good Polish boy did some 30 years ago before leaving a house :laugh:).

I'm proud of him trying to keep up with his really high BV. Hope he executes the elements better at NHK. What's the nicest surprise is level 4 on all his spins. Well done.

And the biggest surprise was the change of his FS :jaw:. What's a good move, he didn't seem to feel Bernstein and the music was too difficult to him to interprete. "Les Miserables" are a better choice in my opinion, at least the "Bring him home" fragment suits his temperament.

Now he has some 10 days for work on his flaws... and I wish him the time of his life in Japan he always wanted to visit!

Shivaaaaa

Spectator
My friends and I met Conrad at Cup of China (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧ .He is so cute and looks surprised to see his fans.What exactly shocks me is his height……

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I now have the ability to download the fluffs and interviews on TSN.ca (although the original files are only 540p), and this is the only clip I could find which featured Conrad:

Q&A Fluff:

I don't have TSN, so I can't be certain, but I don't think it was aired on Canadian television, so it's bonus material.

We get to hear a little bit of his Polish (including the pronunciation of his surname) and French. Conrad and I actually share one thing in common: we're both chocoholics!

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's Conrad's performance from earlier today that I've cut directly from the official archived livestream.

2021 SC Challenge SP (1080p):

This is the best skating that I've ever seen from him. (y)

Last edited:

icetug

Medalist
Here's Conrad's performance from earlier today that I've cut directly from the official archived video.

2021 SC Challenge SP (1080p): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yprtf
Thank you, Siberia8, you are great! I wanted to watch his performance so much (and I missed it yesterday unfortunately).
I haven't seen Conrad for almost a year and he improved a lot. Not only his posture what Ted metioned. I can see how much he benefited from Tracy Wilson's lessons... And his 4T is textbook.
I'm not sure about his stamina so I keep my fingers crossed for FS. Hope to see Conrad on the podium.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry for the wait, but I had reached my Dailymotion upload limit. I've cut this directly from the official archived livestream.

2021 SC Challenge LP (1080p):

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know these videos are awfully late (better late than never!), but I do have videos of Conrad from CBC television's broadcast of the 2021 Skate Canada International with Kurt Browing as the commentator.

2021 SCI LP (CBC TV 720p):

2021 SCI Post-LP Interview (CBC TV 720p):

Last edited:
Reactions: ana

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
2021 SCI SP Summary (CBC TV 720p):

Reactions: ana