2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies FS

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Fans wish is granted. Mirai Nagasu is last! Can't wait!

I remember Mirai saying telling Tom she liked to skate first after the warm up after she had that amazing short program, so I don't know how happy to be about this

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
IN isn't streaming any of the ladies free (or dance). Do you think NBC will show them all? They're doing the review of the ladies short right now, but I'm scared they might chack the early group to review some of the free dances (I have no fear of them replaying any of the pairs :slink:)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
IN isn't streaming any of the ladies free (or dance). Do you think NBC will show them all? They're doing the review of the ladies short right now, but I'm scared they might chack the early group to review some of the free dances (I have no fear of them replaying any of the pairs :slink:)

Event is scheduled for 6:30 PM - 10 PM Central (so 7:30 PM - 11 PM Eastern or 4:30 PM - 8 PM Pacific).

NBC Broadcast starts at 8 PM Eastern, and is scheduled for 3 hours (ending at 11 PM Eastern).

They'll probably chack the first group of ladies at the very least.

Group 2 of Dance isn't scheduled to start until just after 4:30 Eastern/3:30 Central, which is probably why they're showing Ladies' shorts now. I don't think they'll end up chacking any of the FD.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Event is scheduled for 6:30 PM - 10 PM Central (so 7:30 PM - 11 PM Eastern or 4:30 PM - 8 PM Pacific).

NBC Broadcast starts at 8 PM Eastern, and is scheduled for 3 hours (ending at 11 PM Eastern).

I'm sure they'll show a bunch of Men's SPs in that first hour of prime time just based on past broadcasting history.

ozmodiar

On the Ice

Group 2 of Dance isn't scheduled to start until just after 4:30 Eastern/3:30 Central, which is probably why they're showing Ladies' shorts now. I don't think they'll end up chacking any of the FD.

They're showing the first half hour of Ladies group 1. The rest of group 1 and probably a lot of group 2 will likely not be broadcast live. Icenetwork usually puts the whole event video up later.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

According to the http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2017/24267/results.html, the Ladies start at 7:30 central time/ 8:30 eastern and my NBC broadcast starts at 7 central.

Dance starts in a little over an hour- only about 30 minutes before NBC cuts to local news :scowl:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
They're showing the first half hour of Ladies group 1. The rest of group 1 and probably a lot of group 2 will likely not be broadcast live. Icenetwork usually puts the whole event video up later.

"They're" meaning IceNetwork?

I was talking about NBC.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Not sure what you're seeing, but I'm looking at the Icenetwork results page and it says Ladies starts at 6:30 Central/7:30 Eastern.

Dance starts in 10 minutes.

I'm so confused because because the top of the IN results page says MST, but you're right- KC is in the central time zone :confused:

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Gracie historically has a good record at Nationals in the long program:

2013 1st - 132.49
2014 1st - 139.57
2015 2nd - 138.52
2016 1st - 147.96
2017 - TBD

I'm not expecting her to match these scores this year, but just hoping she gets higher than her season high of 119.35, somewhere closer to 130. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, it would make sense to put the time zone of the hosting city, but we should know by now that IN has no sense.

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
The different timezones have me confused... what time does the last group starts? Trying to figure out what time to set my alarm if I want to watch. I'm guessing around 4 am...

andromache

Record Breaker
Gracie historically has a good record at Nationals in the long program:

2013 1st - 132.49
2014 1st - 139.57
2015 2nd - 138.52
2016 1st - 147.96

I'm not expecting her to match these scores this year, but just hoping she gets higher than her season high of 119.35, somewhere closer to 130. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, it would make sense to put the time zone of the hosting city, but we should know by now that IN has no sense.

I think skating well enough would be the victory she needs this season, even if she doesn't win, and even if she doesn't make the Worlds team.

IMO, if Gracie places 4th or lower, the best thing USFS could do for her is NOT send her to Worlds. Make her want it and make her hungry next season. Or heck, let her go to 4CCs and make her want to make them sorry for not sending her to Worlds!

Putting her on the team if she doesn't place in the top 3 will just put the weight of more expectations on her shoulders which I think will hurt her mentally in the long run.

Eclair

Medalist
The different timezones have me confused... what time does the last group starts? Trying to figure out what time to set my alarm if I want to watch. I'm guessing around 4 am...

According to my calculation the ladies Free starts in 1hour and 30 min., so the last group approx. in 2 1/2h. Is that right?