2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
U.S. Nationals Figure Skating Championships
Jan. 14-22
Kansas City, Mo.

The championship free dance for group one is at 10:59 a.m., Central Standard Time, on Saturday, Jan. 21
The free dance for groups two and three is at 3:34 p.m., Central Standard Time on Saturday, Jan. 21

START ORDER
1 Charlotte Maxwell, Arctic FSC
Ryan Devereaux, Pittsburgh FSC 9 56.88
2 Kseniya Ponomaryova, Skokie Valley SC
Oleg Altukhov, North County FSC 11 38.89
3 Elicia Reynolds, SC of Wilmington
Stephen Reynolds, SC of Wilmington 10 40.83
---
4 Karina Manta, Coyotes SC of Arizona
Joseph Johnson, Broadmoor SC 7 57.96
5 Julia Biechler, SC of Wilmington
Damian Dodge, Peninsula SC 6 59.15
6 Anastasia Cannuscio, University of Delaware FSC
Colin McManus, SC of Boston 8 56.94
7 Elliana Pogrebinsky, Peninsula SC
Alex Benoit, Skokie Valley SC 5 67.17
---
8 Kaitlin Hawayek, Detroit SC
Jean-Luc Baker, Seattle SC 4 72.60
9 Maia Shibutani, SC of New York
Alex Shibutani, SC of New York 1 82.42
10 Madison Hubbell, Lansing SC
Zachary Donohue, Lansing SC 3 79.72
11 Madison Chock, All Year FSC
Evan Bates, Ann Arbor FSC 2 79.96

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Maxwell/Deveraux

Um...interesting music cuts... I'm not sure what to make of them. I think both their delicate skating and costumes fit the second half much better- neither are strong enough for the first part. I'm not even sure why they had that first part.

Ohhhhhhh, it's Romeo and Juliette. Ok, I get it now. Still think they should have gone either full classic or full Baz Lurmann

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Kseniya Ponomaryova/Oleg Altukhov

YES! Thay have gone full early 2000s Russian with their costumes- she's in a blue stained glass dress with chiffon handkerchief skirt and SPARKLES GALORE and he's in a matching shirt with illusion mess cutout long sleeves and blue pants. LOVE IT!

Not the fastest, but they have nice positions on the twizzles and a really cool acrobatic lift. Oh no! They fell on the last lift- those acrobatic entrances got the best of them. Didn't get the last spin in, either. They looked a little tired at the end :(

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Reynolds siblings

TRON! Getting into character at tehy take their opening pose. The stiffness I noticed in the SD works in their favor here as the characters are supposed to be a little robotic. Cool opening lift, but I wish she's extend her split just a hair more in the rotational lift.

Awww, we're nearing the end and she looks just about giddy. She's crying! I'm so happy for them! :cheer:

moriel

Record Breaker
Dear americans, please learn from russians.
Matchtv-usa or whatever like that =(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Almost time for Group 2. NBC just finished Ashley's SP, but they have yet to re-air Mirai or Gracie (and they've aired the rest of the top 7) so we might miss part of Group 2.