2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs FS

TGee

Record Breaker
Tracy Wilson is commenting that you can see the nerves in Ruest/Wolfe...

Drew looked really anxious after a slide out fall on the SBS jump....[ice looks to shiny wet to me, weird] and then his skating through the next lift looked uncharacteristically skratchy.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We are starting with Ruest and Wolfe. Pretty light blue dress on Camile. (I hate Earth Song).
Double Twist was nice and high and well caught
Triple toe-double toe-fall
Nice Lift
Fall on the SBS triple S.
Lift came down.
Last lift was good.
stumble out of the throw triple s.
Ending on the pair spin (David P. deduction waved for compassion sake)

Melt down skate. That's a shame.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Still frantically searching for a live stream. I don't want to know about the new POTUS or tennis or anything besides figure skating at Canadian Nationals.

Anybody more successful willing to share and help out?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Unbelievable that the DailyMotion channel would be off when no one else is actually broadcasting it...

It's how the major networks and cable companies get back at us for cancelling our cable/satellite subscriptions.

:ddevil:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I think they delayed it to put as may adds as they can! I prefer watching this on my 13"MBP than on my 52"TV, full of ads.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
We are starting with Ruest and Wolfe. Pretty light blue dress on Camile. (I hate Earth Song).
Nice Lift
Lift came down.
Last lift was good.

I really like them! Too bad about the rough skate. I think they have beautiful lines and tons of potential.

TGee

Record Breaker
Nice Lift
Lift came down.
Last lift was good.

This happened on both skates at Challenge....So got through one without nerves this time.....Guess they didn't have much to lose until the breakout at Rostelecom.

Looking forward to their gaining experience and resilience...

rain

Record Breaker
Well, thanks the live scoring I know how this turned out, but CTV/TSN is not nearly as good as CBC when it comes to online access/viewing, so I'll have to wait for the west coast telecast at 7:30 p.m. to actually see it.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm not really digging Mike's dip dye shirt. The white part makes it look like he's melting into the ice.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, thanks the live scoring I know how this turned out, but CTV/TSN is not nearly as good as CBC when it comes to online access/viewing, so I'll have to wait for the west coast telecast at 7:30 p.m. to actually see it.

I will probably have to wait along with you to watch on CTV stream from the west, not quite the coast though. Heck, maybe we will be luck enough to watch it on YT before then.

liv

Record Breaker
Nice speed from them... lovely throw 3loop
This is a softer program than usual... perky kristen is not overly perky...very nice.
PRoblems on sbs jumps.
She lands throws so beautifully.
I LOVE the last lift and dismount right at the end of the program. Just beautiful.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Moore-Towers and Marinara Sauce: Wearing white, grey and black:

SBS double axels, single jump into the combo
Twist is okay, a bit on the shoulder
Throw 3 loop was good
Good lift (lasso I think)
Death spiral well done
Pair spin well done
Sbs 3 MM fell out of his
SBS spins looked okay, not great but good
Throw looked good.
Rough exit on the lift but it didn't come down.
Footwork is pretty good
That last lift was labored on the way up but again stayed up.

It wasn't bad. Messy but okay.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Yup. This is so stupid. No wonder nobody's posting in here: some are watching it on CTV, some can only watch the live scoring page, and I don't even know if there's a real-time stream going somewhere.

liv

Record Breaker
It is on delay, about 30 minutes after the fact... but I am not looking at the results. Men should be live.

TGee

Record Breaker

I really wish Skate Canada would revisit whatever contract they have with CTV/TSN. But the way the new CEO was talking in an interview with Ted Barton, it sounded as though they will be doing the broadcast for next year from Vancouver...

And CBC not only has livestream as well as broadcast, but also puts up the full programs for all the medallists.

liv

Record Breaker
For a few competitions it looked like Lubov's jump woes had been rectified...but they are back in full force... their sbs jumps are mainly what hold them back (and yes, dillon has issues too). I do enjoy their skating, though.