2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Mens FS

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
LOL. I have to correct my appreciation about SC foretelling the elements. The DM feed must be delayed. How did I come to the realization? When Single Flip came on the list. (Now just Flip). :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ps. I am live posting for now. I will quiet down for pairs and the last flights of men but will bring a report like i did for other events. Olivier is in first.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh. Alexander is very lyrical and smooth. Too bad about the fall on the flip.

TGee

Record Breaker
I don't think I've ever heard Ted being this critical before. Though seniors should be held to a bit higher standard and he's not wrong, of course.

Sometimes one wonders why some of the junior eligible skaters move up so soon. Many aren't skating at the top level of juniors, so it's not obvious what making the move to skate up with the seniors will buy them. Especially when they weren't top 5 as juniors.

Perhaps their long term goal is just to get to senior nationals...or, one wonders, if it is their coach's goal...after all coach status [and progress in the certification program] is dependent on getting skaters to sectionals, Challenge, nationals and Worlds. Ted may have views on this....

Granted there are a few who are relatively late developers, or who are continuing even if advancing in age....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Adam rippon is competing in canada. Thats why hes not at us nationals. Another dubious packaging option for Anthony after yesterday's fake medieval. What is his team doing to him.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I quite like Anthony's skating, with attention to details and expression without rushing. But the jumps aren't there.

He actually picks it up late in the program.

TGee

Record Breaker
It looks like Anthony, who evidently got decent SS before heading to BC, is out at Champs to get jumps....but with that goes the dubious costuming that we see in so many of Joanne MacLeod's male skaters....Is there not someone that can do ready-for-television quality costumes for male skaters in Vancouver?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It looks like Anthony, who evidently got decent SS before heading to BC, is out at Champs to get jumps....but with that goes the dubious costuming that we see in so many of Joanne MacLeod's male skaters....Is there not someone that can do ready-for-television quality costumes for male skaters in Vancouver?

Let him take care of jumps before worrying about the costumes. Good SS though and that's a good foundation. Maybe it's competition experiences that he needs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So let's see if we get a couple quads here. Ugly costume shaquille. Better fit the program

TGee

Record Breaker
Let him take care of jumps before worrying about the costumes. Good SS though and that's a good foundation. Maybe it's competition experiences that he needs.

Interesting interview....he spent summer training at Champs while training the rest of the year in CO, until he graduated from high school in Richmond Hill. Is full time at Champs this year, and the coaching team is focussed on jump technique.

But seriously VB, the BC girls and young women often have lovely costumes, but as Nick Verros has fairly commented on Kevin Reynolds costuming, the workmanship, cut and fit often seem "homemade" or theatre, not TV quality.

Commentary on "over performing" is interesting....