Practice/on-site reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice/on-site reports

Khoai

Match Penalty
So will Mr. Fernandez bring a new quad or just a new combo? 3lz3T3lo doesn't bring much higher BV to him unless he has a new quad.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Khoai, it is worth checking in on his fan fest thread where this came out the other day... The planned content for Javi stands as in the fall.

In general this is a fairly nice set-up. The rink is warm again after a cold spell yesterday. Seats ok. They got the programs out finally today. There were some problems yesterday with backpacks - not allowed in, but the German bassdrum got through :-D The food stands are few, and the area does not feature too many places to eat.

The funniest thing is that they cannot sell bottles with tops and so the aisles are floating with water etc. I saved a top from a bottle I had bought outside and am good (the things you have to do to survive long competitions!)...

Language is sometimes problematic - good German or Russian would be more useful than English! The announcers are much better than in Marseille, but the entertainment during breaks has been almost exclusively in Czech which is a bummer. I hope that in Helsinki they will do everything ONLY in Finnish! ;-)

But last night was very good considering the audience size - the rink was maybe 3/4 full on a mid week short program which does not happen always at Euros! I hope the trend continues with the rest of the week (well, the local pair team might account for some of the interest yesterday?) In any case ISU and other organizers might pay attention and think about the price policies for the future.

E

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Oh, and forgot to add something on the practice of two last groups in pairs. Came in too late for the Czechs but the rest looked fine to my eye. Few elements in runthroughs, but the ones done outside looked solid for almost everyone! It's gonna be hot tonight!

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I'm writing on phone so just quickly from Ladies FS practice: A.Kuchvalska terrible, almost crying, didn't land 3Lz at all, did just some 3T, 3S, 2A. Carolina, Maria, Anna solid. Anna did look like something is wrong when she was by the boards with the coach but a runthrough was good. Zhenia fell on 3F+3T in runthrough but landed 3S+3T+3T+3T (last 3T might be UR). Except that one fall amazing practice. Mae B. Meite, Joshi, Laurine, Roberta all quite a good practice as well.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I'm writing on phone so just quickly from Ladies FS practice: A.Kuchvalska terrible, almost crying, didn't land 3Lz at all, did just some 3T, 3S, 2A. Carolina, Maria, Anna solid. Anna did look like something is wrong when she was by the boards with the coach but a runthrough was good. Zhenia fell on 3F+3T in runthrough but landed 3S+3T+3T+3T (last 3T might be UR). Except that one fall amazing practice. Mae B. Meite, Joshi, Laurine, Roberta all quite a good practice as well.

just a note about Anna: warm up was with some mistake so maybe she wasn't satisfied with that but between her and her coach everything looked alright. I think Tsareva was trying to calm her down and after runthrough they looked quite satisfied.