2017 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Ladies SP

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently they were programmes prepared for Adelna, at least the SP.

No they weren't :unsure: Maria's SP choreographer doesn't even choreograph for Adelina :palmf: Don't know where you got this info but its wrong :sarcasm: Besides, Adelina had her programs before Maria even joined Buianova.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
After watching Carolina's performance, I really want to cry... Such a long time no see! Her sitting with Mishin in the K-and-C is such a memorable scene. :love: I will miss them both in the future.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apparently they were programmes prepared for Adelna, at least the SP.

Since I mentioned this year and last year in the comment you quoted, could you just clarify - is it this year's programmes you are talking about?

If it is this year's programmes, then that would explain everything. I am not connecting with them as much because they were not designed with her in mind.

I know the choreographer put a lot of work into the programmes and it would be a shame to waste them, but different skaters have different personalities. And a good choreographer will design the programme around the skater. So just handing it to somebody else, even if they are as good a skater, doesn't always work.

Thank you for that piece of information.

CaroLiza_fan

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just watched some of the ladies. Evgenia and Anna, wow. :luv17:

ETA: Loved Laurine too!

Last edited:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love this forum so much; thanks for making it so great. I just caught up on the Ladies SP.

My husband is French and he doesn't really follow figure skating, so I refer to the Russian ladies in French to him. Medvedeva is "La deesse," Pogorilaya is "La imperatrice," Radionova is "La reine," Sotskova, "La vraie princesse," and so on down to the "duchesses," "princesses," "baronnes," "dauphines" and the "reines dechues." Anyway, they are impeccable. What can be said, except that Pogorilaya was particularly perfect today and Sotskova was more on fire than I've seen her all season.

Laurine Lecavelier was AMAZING. Hands down favorite performance of the competition today. I fell in love with that short program after the Trophee de France and it was just as good today. I was so happy for her. Personally, I feel that the judges went too low on the second mark. Her performance was so emotional, so personal -- really a work of art. She should be closer to the top 4. I hope she can hold it together for the FS. (And get an upgrade on that costume for the FS, but that's neither here nor there!) GO LAURINE! :yahoo:

I also really loved Ivett Toth; she's always caught my eye, but she was really great today.

Galustyan - is that a new program? I thought she skated it really well. Wish she would have gotten higher marks for it. Don't know what the deduction was for because I didn't see the protocols yet. Going over time?

Others I really liked were Hendrickx, Peltonen, Halvin, Algotsson (great music) and Dubinina (should have qualified). Oh, also: Khnychenkova, PLEASE SLAY THAT FREE SKATE! GO UKRAINE! :hap10:

Kuchvalska is a personal favorite of mine, so it's been hard to watch her struggle all season and sad again today to see her in 20th place. Maybe because of a growth spurt, maybe an injury? :( I just love her and think she has so much potential. Hopefully next season is a comeback.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Sad I'm not gonna get to watch this comp live, but I just wanted to pop in to say YAY ANNE LINE!!! YOU QUALIFIED! :cheer: Also great to see Caro with such a high score.

Any other standouts I should watch?

Anne Line was great today; I loved watching her! I was so happy she qualified. :) I recommend watching Pogorilaya, Laurine Lecavelier, Ivett Toth, Anastasia Galutsyan, and Helery Halvin.

pohatta

On the Ice
Emmi Peltonen's 3Lo got both +2 and -2 from the judges. I don't remember seeing that before.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
One year ago I was in Bratislava where Anna Pogo fell all over the place in the LP. I felt sorry for her but I loved her Scheherazade program and even though she did many mistakes, her presence on the ice was mesmerizing. Medvedeva couldn't be compared to her, I thought how tiny is she and with less presence. I have the feeling that now that Anna has been very consistent this season, her confidence shines through her performances too. What a difference a season can make! I can't wait to watch her skating live again and cheer to her. She's been my favourite Russian lady since last season.

rosy14

Final Flight
No they weren't :unsure: Maria's SP choreographer doesn't even choreograph for Adelina :palmf: Don't know where you got this info but its wrong :sarcasm: Besides, Adelina had her programs before Maria even joined Buianova.

I had the information through a so called expert who follows Russian skating a lot.
I apologise if the information is wrong.

rosy14

Final Flight
Since I mentioned this year and last year in the comment you quoted, could you just clarify - is it this year's programmes you are talking about?

If it is this year's programmes, then that would explain everything. I am not connecting with them as much because they were not designed with her in mind.

I know the choreographer put a lot of work into the programmes and it would be a shame to waste them, but different skaters have different personalities. And a good choreographer will design the programme around the skater. So just handing it to somebody else, even if they are as good a skater, doesn't always work.

Thank you for that piece of information.

CaroLiza_fan
I I have read the SP was prepared for Adelina, but apparently it wasn't, see the other reply to the same comment of mine.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I I have read the SP was prepared for Adelina, but apparently it wasn't, see the other reply to the same comment of mine.

:palmf:

I didn't read any of the other comments in this thread apart from your reply. (Competition threads tend to turn into arguments about the results, so I tend to avoid them once the competition is over).

Sorry I missed the correction. :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

BlackAxel

Final Flight
In what world/solar system/galaxy does it make sense to give Carolina an 8.89 in Skating Skills and a 9.14 to Evgenia?! Trash!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
In what world/solar system/galaxy does it make sense to give Carolina an 8.89 in Skating Skills and a 9.14 to Evgenia?! Trash!

IKR, you can't do anything about it though :/ Unless you mean sending reprimands to judges ...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Well, Caro probably has better SS then Evgenia, but in that exact program Evgenia showed more complexity and variation in skating skills then Caro did. Like B ESP commentators said Caro SP has a lot of clever breathing points.... which is good cause it's in the mood of the music, but it doesn't allow her to show her full amount of SS/transitions etc (just allow her to rest). So, i agree with the judges that Medvedeva with that exact program and on that exact day was better on the Components score (even i more prefer Caro's program cause the originality and inovativity). So, with those SP we saw, I would score Caro better then Evgenia maybe just in Interpretation mark.

Last edited: