2017 Four Continents Pairs SP | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
Gangneung, South Korea
Feb. 14-19, 2017

The pairs will skate the short program at 14:15 on Thursday, Feb. 16. (time zones)

START ORDER

ENTRIES

SkatersNationSeason's Best Score (ISU Season's Best ranking) *Non-ISU Season's Best Score
Ekaterina ALEXANDROSVSKAYA/Harley WINDSORSP Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack) by Adele; choreo by Andrei Pachin, Alla Kapranova, D. OBrien
FS W.E. (soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Andrei Pachin, Alla Kapranova, D. OBrien
AUS159.26 (#30 JGP Tallinn);
Meagan DUHAMEL/Eric RADFORD
SP "Killer" by Seal; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS "Non, je ne regrette rien," performed by Patricia Kaas; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN218.30 (#4 - Skate Canada)
Lubov ILYUSHECHKINA/Dylan MOSCOVITCH
SP Jalousie ‘Tango Tzigane’ performed by Matthias Aeschbacher, composed by Jacob Gade; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
FS "When You Say You Love Me" by Darren Hayes performed by Josh Groban; choreo by David Wilson, Sandra Bezic
CAN191.54 (#12 - Cup of China)
Kristin MOORE-TOWERS/Andrew MARIANOSP "Heartbreak Hotel" by Billy Joel; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS Un Ange Passe; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CANInternational season debut
Cheng PENG/Yan JIN
SP My Drag by Jimbo Mathus;choreo by Lori Nichol, David Wilson
LP "l will wait for you" from the Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 1964 composed by Michel Legrand and sung by Mario Frangoulis; choreo by Lori Nichol, David Wilson
CHN197.96 (#9 - Cup of China)
Weijing SUI/Cong HAN
SP Blues for Klook by Eddy Louis; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS Bridge Over Troubled Water by Paul Simon; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHNSeason debut
Xiaoyu YU/Hao ZHANG
SP Eternal Flame by Brand X Music, Fearless by Brand X Music; choreo by David Wilson
LP Piano Concerto #1 3rd Movement (Cavatina, Larghetto amoroso)by Emil von Sauer; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN206.71 (#7 - Grand Prix Final)
Sumire SUTO/Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
SP La vie en rose performed by Louis Armstrong; choreo by Julie Marcotte

FS Les parapluies de Cherbourg by Michel Legrand; choreo by Julie Marcotte
JPN161.85 (#27 - NHK Trophy)
Miu SUZUKI/Ryuichi KIHARA
SP Out of the Garage by Daniel PambertonMission Impossible; choreo by Yuka Sato
FS Star Wars (soundtrack) by John Williams; choreo by Yuka Sato
JPN133.25* (Asian Open Trophy)
Minji JI/Themistocies LEFTHERISSP Angels & Demons; choreo by Renee Roca
FS "Detonation" by Joe Doering and a cover version of "The Writing's on the Wall" by Michael Weatherwax, The WaxTrax Orchestra, and Andrea Robinson, from the Spectre soundtrack; choreo by Rohene Ward
KOR143.30 (#44- Golden Spin)
Kyueun KIM/Alex Kang Chan KIM
SP Historia de un Amor and Mambo No. 8 by Pérez Prado
FS The Man of La Mancha soundtrack, including The Impossible Dream, performed by The Boston Pops Orchestra and Linda Eder
KOR123.24 (#65 Autumn Classic)
SuYeon KIM/Hyungtae KIMSP La Strada by Nino Rota; choreo by Philipp Mills
FS Tree of Life (Expo Milan 2015); choreo by Philipp Mills
KOR
118.00 (#67 - Ondrej Nepala Memorial)
Ashley CAIN/Timothy LeDUC
SP "I Put a Spell on You" by Annie Lennox; choreo by Sergei Onik
LP "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli; choreo by Sergei Onik
USA172.18 (#21 -Golden Spin)
Haven DENNEY/Brandon FRAZIER
SP Selections from the musical Don Juan: "Don Juan est Mort" composed by Felix Gray; choreo by Marina Zueva
FS Somewhere in Time soundtrack, composed by John Barry; choreo by Marina Zueva
USA192.65 (#10 - Skate America)
Alexa SCIMECA-KNIERIM/Chris KNIERIM
SP “Come What May” from the Moulin Rouge film soundtrack; choreo by Cindy Stuart
FS Selections from the Broadway Musical: Ghost (includes “Unchained Melody”); choreo by Cindy Stuart
USASeason debut

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yeah finally gonna see Alexa & Chris competing
curious

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ oh... you moved again....

i cannot wait to see Sui and Han!!!!

BTW... i know that won't help.. .but I was pleasantly surprised by D/R at Nationals... they are so much better live than the comments on these threads ;) I tend to be supportive with all Canadian skaters, just a normal reaction I guess, so... I have always had their back, plus she's rad and I like that LOL
... but I had some surprises at Nationals... and D/R was the most intense one... they are super fast... who knew ;) they just slow down before their big quad ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*waving Australian flag*

Still a little sad that Paris and Matthew missed out by three tenths of a point :no:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
15 Pairs teams... Europeans had 20 initially, but then field has reduced to 18. Hope it won't happen here. I can't wait to see the Empress in all her glory finally! :love: Along with her Knight of course :)

TGee

Record Breaker
Still sad that Castilli and Tran haven't been given this opportunity, even as first alternates...

Seems a little late for such s message to be delivered....why include them as a host pick at Skate America 2016 if they don't feel they are able to represent the US despite being national silver medalists?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Still sad that Castilli and Tran haven't been given this opportunity, even as first alternates...

Seems a little late for such s message to be delivered....why include them as a host pick at Skate America 2016 if they don't feel they are able to represent the US despite being national silver medalists?

Because the competition was a mess and Silver medal weren't won by great skate, but just other teams doing worse? Same with Gold and bronze. It's just was poor competiion this year sadly. At least that's my comprehension of it.

TGee

Record Breaker
Because the competition was a mess and Silver medal weren't won by great skate, but just other teams doing worse? Same with Gold and bronze. It's just was poor competiion this year sadly. At least that's my comprehension of it.

Fair point.

Totally see Denney/Frazier as the dominant US team this season. And understand the desire to give Sk/K an elite outing before Worlds, although a senior B such as Coup de Nice could have been used as a trial run too.

But Cain and Leduc are not skating that well, or in a way that is appreciated outside the US as much as in. Not sure it's giving them a good signal to gift them this opportunity.

but a correction.....C/T are first alternates for 4CCs but not Worlds

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
15 Pairs teams... Europeans had 20 initially, but then field has reduced to 18. Hope it won't happen here. I can't wait to see the Empress in all her glory finally! :love: Along with her Knight of course :)

I am curious & looking forward for South Korean & Japanese teams there :) BTW. what happened with quite promising North Korean pair? They competed in the past in 4CC.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that was my question too... i asked in the entries thread... someone said that the north koreans will certainly not go to south korea... :(

skatemouse

On the Ice
yeah finally gonna see Alexa & Chris competing
curious

I am more excited about this than anything else this year. Especially because their programs sounds beautiful and full of grace this year. After everything they have been through together it makes you appreciate things and grow so much. They already skate huge I have a feeling this has added a grace unseen from them yet. So curious too. Can't wait!!
Also was so disappointed about Nationals. Would be nice to see D/F have improved cheated Sal and jumps. Rather see a fall then a cheat or foot down from Branden and pops from Haven. Still not sure her leg is ok? It is so straight on landings no bend at all scares me. Would be nice to see C/L maintain.
I feel like watching s-k/K will be something beyond though beyond what the USA has seen in decades. I don't think a married USA Pair team has competed in IJS top competitions ever? Not sure though??

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I am more excited about this than anything else this year. Especially because their programs sounds beautiful and full of grace this year. After everything they have been through together it makes you appreciate things and grow so much. They already skate huge I have a feeling this has added a grace unseen from them yet. So curious too. Can't wait!!
Also was so disappointed about Nationals. Would be nice to see D/F have improved cheated Sal and jumps. Rather see a fall then a cheat or foot down from Branden and pops from Haven. Still not sure her leg is ok? It is so straight on landings no bend at all scares me. Would be nice to see C/L maintain.
I feel like watching s-k/K will be something beyond though beyond what the USA has seen in decades. I don't think a married USA Pair team has competed in IJS top competitions ever? Not sure though??
dont know anything about their progs so no spoilers :biggrin:
I do like all 3 other US pairs but S/K have a special connection so they're basically like my US version of VT :laugh: #shipperheart

^^ oh... you moved again....

i cannot wait to see Sui and Han!!!!

BTW... i know that won't help.. .but I was pleasantly surprised by D/R at Nationals... they are so much better live than the comments on these threads ;) I tend to be supportive with all Canadian skaters, just a normal reaction I guess, so... I have always had their back, plus she's rad and I like that LOL
... but I had some surprises at Nationals... and D/R was the most intense one... they are super fast... who knew ;) they just slow down before their big quad ;)
haha I cant pass the opportunity of travelling for free :yay:
ditto about S/H! I still ahev as my main contenders for WC & Oly gold:hopelessness:
2 great comebacks this comp! :hap93:

skatemouse

On the Ice
dont know anything about their progs so no spoilers :biggrin:
I do like all 3 other US pairs but S/K have a special connection so they're basically like my US version of VT :laugh: #shipperheart

haha I cant pass the opportunity of travelling for free :yay:
ditto about S/H! I still ahev as my main contenders for WC & Oly gold:hopelessness:
2 great comebacks this comp! :hap93:

I was hoping someone did know something of s-k/k as all I have is music they are skating to this year and that it wasn't changed at Champs Camp which usually means that it was liked. I think though that Holiday show NY looked like a short program sort of and it was beautiful!! It is so hard to wait! Although Sui/Han are in the same boat too.
Can't wait!!!

slider11

Medalist
Very excited, too, about Pairs SP but still bummed that Castelli and Tran are not in the mix. I appreciate all that the Kinierims have been through but to be second at Nationals and passed for both 4CCs and Worlds is pretty bad for Castelli and Tran. C/T's jumps need work but there is such potential there and they are so close! The US needs to hold at least 2 spots for the Olympics and although some are sure that can happen with Denny/Frazier and the Kinierims, I am not as confident. Haven is coming back from a serious knee injury and Alexa a serious illness. Why put such tremendous pressure on these teams when they are still in their recovery period? My suggestion would have been to give the Kinerims the 4CC spot and let them get their competitive feet on the ice with plans to have a big comeback in the fall. Haven and Brandon won Nationals so I agree they deserve both 4CCs and Worlds. Cain and LeDuc have potential but they are so new. If Castelli and Tran were not given Worlds because of Mervin's unlikely citizenship status by next year, they still could have done well enough at Worlds to keep the second and possible third spot of Worlds for the US for whichever team is named.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Very excited, too, about Pairs SP but still bummed that Castelli and Tran are not in the mix. I appreciate all that the Kinierims have been through but to be second at Nationals and passed for both 4CCs and Worlds is pretty bad for Castelli and Tran. C/T's jumps need work but there is such potential there and they are so close! The US needs to hold at least 2 spots for the Olympics and although some are sure that can happen with Denny/Frazier and the Kinierims, I am not as confident. Haven is coming back from a serious knee injury and Alexa a serious illness. Why put such tremendous pressure on these teams when they are still in their recovery period? My suggestion would have been to give the Kinerims the 4CC spot and let them get their competitive feet on the ice with plans to have a big comeback in the fall. Haven and Brandon won Nationals so I agree they deserve both 4CCs and Worlds. Cain and LeDuc have potential but they are so new. If Castelli and Tran were not given Worlds because of Mervin's unlikely citizenship status by next year, they still could have done well enough at Worlds to keep the second and possible third spot of Worlds for the US for whichever team is named.

I think that C/T should have been the first alt to Worlds and probably gone to 4cc' too. They did earn it. I also know that had S-K/K if they had been at Nationals C/T would have been third and C/L fourth so it is what it is. I think putting them into those positions make the most sense but it did not happen. I am still not really sure why though.

slider11

Medalist
I just want Lubov to land her jumps..... AND for I/M to beat MT/M.....

Yep...that's what Luba and Dylan need...landed jumps and the continuation of their fantastic lifts and expression. Dylan is such a solid male pair skater. He provides such a solid base for Luba. On the otherside, although somewhat better, I still hold my breath when Kristen MT is in a lift. Michael seems to be a strong guy but he seems to struggle keeping it all together during lifts. Best to all pairs at 4CCs.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was hoping someone did know something of s-k/k as all I have is music they are skating to this year and that it wasn't changed at Champs Camp which usually means that it was liked. I think though that Holiday show NY looked like a short program sort of and it was beautiful!! It is so hard to wait!
I put a short video clip in Alexa and Chris's fan fest. Don't know too many details about it. I think it was taken in the beginning of Dec.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I put a short video clip in Alexa and Chris's fan fest. Don't know too many details about it. I think it was taken in the beginning of Dec.

Thx, and also to our posters in the Fanfest who posted vids of the Holiday show; could "Come What May" be a new program?

Me three, I can't wait to see Alexa and Chris:agree: