2017 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs SP

bobbob

Medalist
Can we take a second to digest that Sui\Han and Trasova\Morozov are now scoring the same for clean SPs ?

That was fast... :think:

If they were scored side by side, i'm pretty sure Sui/Han would be higher. Not by much unfortunately b/c the COP doesn't really leave that much room and T/M are flawless technically also. But maybe 1.5-2 points.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
I think Duhamel / Radford are better skaters than they get credit for (by fans), but that said, I have some of the same issues their critics have - in fact I'm also a critic. One thing that really drives me CRAZY about Megan is she will completely stop skating the program when she becomes uncertain. Something comes into her brain and it goes right through her body. This is most evident when she's setting up for the quad, but if there's a timing mishap or even a small re-set, she completely comes out of performance mode and is blatantly place holding until she gets back in sync. It happened in a few places in the sd, her limbs are going through the motions but she may as well be off the ice for all she's maintaining performance continuity.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've finally had a chance to re-watch Pairs SP, and I want to say that Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier absolutely took my breath away with their skating. They skate and perform so much in sync, with unison as to mood and nuance as well as movement and elements. They expressed the intent of the music, and even more they let their emotions come through, with a perfect balance of intensity and delicacy.

Also, I think Haven has had a break through in recovering her solo jumps. She seemed much more committed to it, more willing to trust her knee. After being off the ice for eight months. The lateral flow and distance of their throw jumps simply blow me away, especially with her solid landing and beautiful smile.

Very, very well done, Haven and Brandon!:love::love:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Thinking about things. Alexa Scimeca-Knierim put out a photo of her medical team who was supporting her. She said this doctor saved her life. It is one thing to have an injury of ankles that don't work or a knee that doesn't work and be out last season or so a year ago. It is good D/F have had a full year at the GP's etc her injury is not new. The ankles Sui had a long time and finally got surgery on and it was horrible. They are brave for working through those and not to diminish anything they go through but my guess is those things can't kill you.

Alexa had something that could have killed her and had several major surgeries to correct it according to her post and having almost died??? I have been really ill before to think of skating again? Even a few months later in the same season?? Not taking a season off like the other teams did???
It is extraordinary what S-K/K have done and anything they do in the FS will be jut as glorious if they fall on everything due to the fact she is alive and doing something she loves with the person she loves most in the world. I can't help thinking that is why all the emotions!! and why they have matured so and how Chris held her at the end. As he could have lost his wife to death. I am not sure that some people get that one and I guess I didn't either. SO I re-watched their short thinking of that and what I would have felt?

It makes it pretty special anything they do in this season the same season that her life was saved and she got married. WOW. That should be some kind of story? It has inspired me and I still cry watching their short knowing that. It also made their skating onto another level. The joy, the way they look at each other, well just everything I am a sap I guess.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sui/Han were absolutely amazing! :cheer: Fantastic program/choreography, great musical interpretation, polished skating- it was just a lovely comeback.

That was gorgeous indeed! I could not expect such a great form. That throw salchow took my breath away!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The best pairs SP ever from Sui/Han. That was incredible. They honestly made Ice Dance look bad, showing the same level of skill as the dancers plus all of the other more difficult elements. Compulsory dance patterns and twizzle sequences have nothing on what Sui/Han just did.

I think it might actually be the best Blues for Klook on the ice too. We've seen great ones over the past decade but this had so much personality and power behind it. I'm thrilled that a team managed to display this much artistry. It makes me sad that things like Savchenko/Massot's creative lift exit from earlier in the season was removed because it didn't get them the level requirement :)disapp:). The other teams have a lot of work to do now.

UnChosen

On the Ice
The best pairs SP ever from Sui/Han. That was incredible. They honestly made Ice Dance look bad, showing the same level of skill as the dancers plus all of the other more difficult elements. Compulsory dance patterns and twizzle sequences have nothing on what Sui/Han just did.

I think it might actually be the best Blues for Klook on the ice too. We've seen great ones over the past decade but this had so much personality and power behind it. I'm thrilled that a team managed to display this much artistry. It makes me sad that things like Savchenko/Massot's creative lift exit from earlier in the season was removed because it didn't get them the level requirement :)disapp:). The other teams have a lot of work to do now.

The problem is that they are not rewarded for it thanks to the skating skills corridor. D/R were only 1.5 points behind in PCS, while T/M and S/M both got around 35 points PCS this season for their SP.

If the 5 categories are separated that SP should be close to straight 10 across for both CH and IN.