Loena Hendrickx | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Loena Hendrickx

Tulipstar

Medalist
She was so good today!

I like her new costume too. Wonder if this means she will keep her SP, because it would be a bit much to have a costume made for just one competition, right?

And a top 10 60+ finish in the SP. This girl is going places:agree:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
What a BOSS!! Top 10 finish and 6th in the FS! Amazing! congratulations and i can't wait to see her develop even more. Beautiful jumps, amazing spins, great personality on the ice, LOVE HER

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Loved Loena's free skate, would've given her higher marks on PCS than she got for sure. Well, if she keeps it up through the next few seasons, those marks will undoubtedly rise.:thumbsup:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Loena's 9th place finish is, contextually, the best result for a Belgian female skater in the history of the World Championships (other than Alice Sue Claeys, who placed 7th in 1992, but she was an American who happened to have Belgian citizenship, and later switched over to the USA banner).

Yvonne de Ligne-Geurts placed 6th in a field of 14 at the 1932 World Championships, and had a number of other finishes in what would have been the top ten had there been more than ten skaters in the competition. Also, checking her Wikipedia entry, whoa did her life take a turn after her competitive career was over.

bewitched

On the Ice
I am also looking for videos of her SP and LP at Worlds, I can only find the Europeans on youtube and in Milan she was on FIRE!

I can't wait to watch her next season, let's hope she could medal at Euros and be in top 5 at Worlds. She has great improvement in comparison to 2017 and I expect her to develop even more, she looks like the ambitious type.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I can't wait to watch her next season, let's hope she could medal at Euros and be in top 5 at Worlds.
Depending on pace of improvement, being in a position to beat Sotskova/other third Russian for the bronze at Europeans would certainly be a possibility.

Tulipstar

Medalist
I hope she medals at a GP.

Perhaps she will go to Grenoble for one, since France is by far the closest.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
She was amazing today.

Loena is one of the most fun and entertaiming skaters in a long time. I love her 1990s programs.... cant wait for her long and i hope she medals.

macy

Record Breaker
She was amazing today.

Loena is one of the most fun and entertaiming skaters in a long time. I love her 1990s programs.... cant wait for her long and i hope she medals.

her reaction to her score was so cute. she deserved it! hopefully she can put out another solid program in the long.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Loena was amazing today- I never doubted watching her that she would land her jumps. She looked so confident. I hope this is her year.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So great to see Loena carry the momentum from World's last season to her debut here. Improvements in skating skills and projection, and holding lovely positions as always. Relatively underscored, imo.

macy

Record Breaker
I pronounce it as Löna in my head. Because it‘s written Loena and not Leona ... but I really have no idea what’s right. :biggrin:

i've heard it pronounced as lu-eh-na before, but i don't know if that's right either :)

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Wow--impressive SP at Nebelhorn. She is looking really confident and it's nice to see different skaters and styles in the mix. Definitely a fan...