Loena Hendrickx | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Loena Hendrickx

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
I pronounce it as Löna in my head. Because it‘s written Loena and not Leona ... but I really have no idea what’s right. :biggrin:

I think the announcer consistently pronounced it Luna at Nebelhorn Trophy, which to my knowledge is correct. In Dutch (one of the official languages in Belgium) oe usually sounds like a ‘u’ just like in Windhoek (like ‘hook’), or also in the name Jeroen.

astaphta

Rinkside
Her FS really was fantastic... so vivacious! I ope she manages to iron the little errors out.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think the announcer consistently pronounced it Luna at Nebelhorn Trophy, which to my knowledge is correct. In Dutch (one of the official languages in Belgium) oe usually sounds like a ‘u’ just like in Windhoek (like ‘hook’), or also in the name Jeroen.

That is indeed correct (says the Dutchie).

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Wow--impressive SP at Nebelhorn. She is looking really confident and it's nice to see different skaters and styles in the mix. Definitely a fan...

I'd never watched her skate before this weekend. Her programs are so strong and I love the music choices {Celine Dion SP :love:}! I am definitely a new fan of hers now. :)

Wishing Loena all the best for the grand prix season!

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Any information about what her situation is?

Was she injured/sick during her short program? It was sort suprising to see her make so many mistakes.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I hope it‘s just a minor illness so that she can be fully fit for her next event. Get well soon, Loena!!! 🙏🏻

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Any information about what her situation is?

Was she injured/sick during her short program? It was sort suprising to see her make so many mistakes.
I saw somebody say that she got a stomach illness of some sort after arriving in Everett, but I don't know what the original source for that was.

Either way, not the Grand Prix debut I wanted for her, but hopefully it's just a bump in the road. I'm not giving up on my pre-season hope for her to make the Euros podium.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Loena posted on Instagram that she's on her way to Helsinki. Let's hope for better things this time; if she can do what she did at Nebelhorn, she'll be on the podium, looking at the field.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Loena posted on Instagram that she's on her way to Helsinki. Let's hope for better things this time; if she can do what she did at Nebelhorn, she'll be on the podium, looking at the field.

Here's hoping! :cheer:

DenissVFan

Medalist
Shame about the flip but overall a good job. Her PCS could have been higher though. I agree with the British Eurosport commentators that her performance was the most enjoyable of all today.
Good luck in the free! I believe she can win that medal.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I believe the judges are too hard on her. She definitely deserves more on PCS. Hopefully she can slay tomorrow.

DenissVFan

Medalist
According to the protocols she had two URs. I'm surprised by 3Lz-3T<, I have to rewatch it.

But 7.25 in presentation from some judges? 🤔

Fluture

Record Breaker
Loena in third!! I‘m proud of her! Shame for that flip but wonderful otherwise. Her spins are just :luv17:

DenissVFan

Medalist
Small mistakes today but still a good skate. I hope she'll fight for a medal at Euros this year, she's certainly capable of it.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I feel today she was somewhat underscored. I think she suffers from not being from huge skating federation. She was enjoyable.

DenissVFan

Medalist
That's true. In my opinion she's one of the best performers. Hopefully she doesn't leave the judges any room for doubt next time, the rest is out of her control. She has already proved that she can score +200 and I believe she will do it again in the near future.