Loena Hendrickx | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Loena Hendrickx

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Just now she is probably the best european non-russian non-Carolina lady skater.

MedoLove

On the Ice
In each presentation I fell more and more in love with Loena :luv17:.If she adjust her jumps and consistency would be one of the most balanced skaters in terms of art and athletics, she has so much musicality, flexibility, speed. I hope she improves a lot this season, and that she can add a second 3-3 in FS, so he would be a contender for the European podium (and any podium).

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Imo her music choices are among the best ones this season. Not too much used, not too unknown either and not weird and suit her very well.

macy

Record Breaker
Imo her music choices are among the best ones this season. Not too much used, not too unknown either and not weird and suit her very well.

i love her free! it's so saucy and fits her very well. Tara and Johnny mentioned during her FS this weekend how they don't really support skaters re using programs, and how they aren't as good the second time around...uh, i'm not sure what they're watching this season, but i think because she is already comfortable with this program she is able to express herself artistically even more this year. Same with Wagner's MR, it was 200% better IMO in 2015-2016, the year she won world silver with it. last season was another story, but i'm not going to go there in Loena's FF ;)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Having a repeat programme certainly didn't impede the reigning Olympic champions.

And all the best to Loena! May this be a great year for her.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Having a repeat programme certainly didn't impede the reigning Olympic champions.
Discounting ice dance where repeats almost never happen (and certainly not year-to-year; you might occasionally see something like Weaver/Poje resurrecting a program from six years ago), I believe five of the nine Olympic medalists in singles and pairs had one or more repeat programs (Zagitova - FS; Osmond - SP; Hanyu - both; Savchenko/Massot - SP; Duhamel/Radford - FS).

So yeah, she’s in good company. I understand retaining such a great program when she’s focused on upping the TES, too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Happy birthday, Loena!

And I love the FS, so I'm fine with her repeating it. There's also the other philosophy -- you have more time to make the program your own and being more comfortable with it. She did well with it last season, but I definitely think there are opportunities for growth!

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I don't mind her repeating her FS, it's a good one and at least she has time to improve it.

But as much as I like her current SP, I miss her Madonna SP and costume at the same time :(

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case any of you were curious about the CBC commentary for her GP Helsinki LP, it's at the 8:43 mark (the password is women): https://vimeo.com/296555402 Her SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Loena repeated as Belgian national champion, which shouldn't surprise anyone. She was 58 points clear of second.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Loena repeated as Belgian national champion, which shouldn't surprise anyone. She was 58 points clear of second.

That's great news! Where did you discover this, as I cannot find any info about 2018-19?

I just found out that she is scheduled to compete in the 2018 CS Tallinn Trophy (starting 26th Nov), wishing her two wonderful skates!

DenissVFan

Medalist
That's great news! Where did you discover this, as I cannot find any info about 2018-19?

She posted about it on Instagram. If I'm not mistaken, afterwards there was a fundraising event for Loena (Jorik and Loena posted about it on their Instagrams).

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated the OP. I've added info regarding last two season (programs, videos and results). Enjoy :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So glad to see Loena have such a good skate on her return from injury! She's always such a joy to watch on the ice, I can't wait for her free skate and to see where she goes next season.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Her spins were marked too low!! I think she only received +2s , nothing higher. Does anyone have a link to her protocols? I want to see for sure.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
After the injury loena returned and delivered good performance. Not perfect, nobody could expect that from her today, but she confirmed herself as a strong person of european figure skating and I hope she will hold this title as long as possible. She is still most perfect european skater to me after the top russian ladies.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was so happy that she had a good outing here, and especially that she made it into the Grand Prix seeding. She'd probably have gotten two events anyway, but being from the Belgian micro-fed it's always better to not give the powers that be any choice in the matter.