2017 Europeans Gala | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Gala

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Maybe it's just my really bad hangover, but I teared up watching Carolina's exhibition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqsQcGlfb_8

The closeup of her smile warmed my cold, dead heart and illuminated the abyss where my dark soul resides.

The skate of Europeans for me.

no one - except maybe for Mao - can interpret classical music an d translate it into movement the way Carolina does. She really transports you in some other, better place.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
no one - except maybe for Mao - can interpret classical music an d translate it into movement the way Carolina does. She really transports you in some other, better place.

I'm so glad we get to see both in competition for a whole 'nother year.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Good grief! Anytime I may feel bad for complaining about Zenya's outrageous PCS I can just look at all her exhibitions and goes... uh huh--- yup I am still right!!

She is still a junior skater, or certainly toddler senior.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
What happened to Zhenya's beautiful ex choreographed by DW? I thought it was beautiful and perfect for her lyrical style.
This new one is a downgrade even from her previous ex in GPF.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It seems to me that vogueing on skates would require an incredible amount of coordination. I can see why the ex wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't find it so different from a typical Misha Ge ex, which would get praised to the heavens, since he is not a threat to anyone (I like Misha Ge a lot...just saying). But I'm sure the "toddler" is crying on her big pile of medals at home over such comments! Or not.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It seems to me that vogueing on skates would require an incredible amount of coordination. I can see why the ex wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't find it so different from a typical Misha Ge ex, which would get praised to the heavens, since he is not a threat to anyone (I like Misha Ge a lot...just saying). But I'm sure the "toddler" is crying on her big pile of medals at home over such comments! Or not.

Since when did Misha been getting higher PCS than Patrick Chan/Hanyu/Javier for skating skills, interpretation, choreography, performance putting out Exhibitions that?! Since when did ANYONE?! Even Patrick/Hanyu themselves? If they did, they would certainly deserve automatic - 20 PCS revisement to anything they have ever done. It is like watching Max Aaron/Max Kovtun getting highest PCS just because they apparently tano everything while consistent so USFSA/RUSFSA decide to put them as their #1 with highest federation backed PCS buffer at their other skater's expenses.

In any case, if Misha Ge was to do this, it would have been a complete satire, I can't imagine he take any other approach to such preposterous concept. Meanwhile, Evgenia's 'interpretation' is simply naive, green, pretentious, youngster's desperate 'I am grown up... take me seriously' (except clearly I am not really) and certainly ill advised. It is awkward and gawkish, like watching Matilda (from Leon) doing Madonna's Like a Virgin. Trying far too hard and completely exposed her artistic temperament (or lack of).

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
In any case, if Misha Ge was to do this, it would have been a complete satire, I can't imagine he take any other approach to such preposterous concept. Meanwhile, Evgenia's 'interpretation' is simply naive, green, pretentious, youngster's desperate 'I am grown up... take me seriously' (except clearly I am not really) and certainly ill advised. It is awkward and gawkish, like watching Matilda (from Leon) doing Madonna's Like a Virgin. Trying far too hard and completely exposed her artistic temperament (or lack of).

Nothing beats Dabin Choi's "Mama I'm a Big Girl Now" from last season though (and it was competetive program!) :biggrin: I like your Leon reference :agree: I think Evgenia just skates to whatever she wants in EX (or not?) and it doesn't really matter if its fortunate choice or not. Anna Pogorilaya doesn't get bonuses points for doing great EXes in past...