TV Coverage and Live Stream Links | Page 4 | Golden Skate

TV Coverage and Live Stream Links

sallycinnamon

Medalist
As tip. Click the "Full Version" button at the end, next to the "Full Screen". That will make the picture fill the window. Although, it will also make the thumbnails at the side appear on top of the picture. So, there are pros and cons.

That's because only stuff that is shown on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 goes into the archives. Stuff shown on the other streams do not get archived, unfortunately.

By the way, what is the address for the Hungarian version of Eurosport Player? Because the old http://www.eurosportplayer.hu/ doesn't seem to work any more, and the logical address for the new page ( http://hu.eurosportplayer.com ) doesn't work for me either.

Hope you enjoy using Eurosport Player

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for the help!

I simply registered on eurosportplayer.com and voilá, I use the Hungarian version. I don't know how.
The live stream for today's men's SP was simply perfect with HQ picture, but I have massive troubles with the uploaded videos, they freeze every 5 seconds for a longer time. :dbana: The 6-minute warm-up took me about an hour to watch...I hope it will be fixed. I wrote them about the problem but maybe I won't get an answer. :confused2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Bringing this up for anyone interested, Eurosport 2 will start airing a 1.5 hour Highlights program of the entire event. It already aired earlier today on E1, too, but I completely forgot about it. IIRC they usually have different (less, but still) commentary in the highlights programs.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
For those of you who have the Eurosport player, what videos do you see in the replay section for figure skating? I only see the men's short and the ice dance free....I wonder where the rest is, I bought a subscription this month to see these events again after they aired and there is nothing. Slightly angry.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
For those of you who have the Eurosport player, what videos do you see in the replay section for figure skating? I only see the men's short and the ice dance free....I wonder where the rest is, I bought a subscription this month to see these events again after they aired and there is nothing. Slightly angry.
I'm not exactly sure how that works, but isn't it something like only the events that aired on E1 and/or E2 live, get archived in the Eurosport Player?
The ISU stream doesn't get archived there, but all the events are available (to Europeans viewers) on the eurovision website.
Well, all except the final two groups of the Ladies SP, which they seem to have forgotten...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The ISU stream isn't on the rewatch list, sure, but in the past I could rewatch everything that aired on Eurosport 2. Does it matter if it was live? I don't think so. But you might be on to something with this, I don't remember. Mmmh..:sad21: I wanted to watch with the comments, meh...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whilst it is correct that the vast majority of the things that go onto the ESP Player were things that were shown LIVE on ESP1 and ESP2, some highlights programmes do make it in if the event was not shown live on one of the linear channels.

The thing that annoys me is that things that were shown on the other streams do not get archived. It is only the stuff that was shown on ESP1 and ESP2.

I should warn you, Eurosport Player had a minor re-design yesterday. The main thing that is noticable is that the TV Schedule no longer has it's own tab, but is now a sub-tab of the "Live" tab.

Where the TV Schedule used to be is now a tab called "Events", which lists things that are being shown each month, and links to a page listing the season calendar.

There is no mention of figure skating anywhere... :eek:

HOWEVER, the major change is something that is not as noticable. The English soundtrack option is no longer available on ESP Deutschland and ESP Nederland. And neither are the English soundtrack versions of the videos. :mad: :mad: :mad: :bang: :bang: :bang:

So, I am now no longer able to watch the LIVE coverage from Four Continents with English commentary (British Eurosport did not show any LIVE coverage, because the end of the skating would overlap with the start of the LIVE Welsh Open snooker)

And because of this, I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription in protest (thank goodness I didn't sign up for the 12 month contract offer!)

But, maybe I'll wait until Worlds are over... ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm cancelling right away. I didn't want that subscription, because money is tight and it's only 4CC I wanted to watch this month, but then I thought screw it, I really want to see the mens' even if it's only on the ISU channel. I also noticed that the english versions are gone now, and it doesn't seem as the men's or the ladies' long will be uploaded. (The Ladie's were live, I'm pretty sure about that) I've written to Eurosport before, but they never react, they are immune to feedback and they haven't worked on their faulty player for years and now this. I'm angry that I have to watch the Olympics and Worlds on such a channel. Really.