Daria Kvartalova & Alex Sviatchenko | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daria Kvartalova & Alex Sviatchenko

The Finn

Record Breaker
In theory Russian Fed could still replace them with P/P but I am kind of thinking they aren't going to do that. There could be a number of reasons why they aren't doing it.

Possible reasons and maybe something to consider in the future when similar situations arise.

1. They couldn't care less if there would or wouldn't be a all-Russian JGP Final. In fact, it makes no difference for them how many Russian skaters will skate at the JGP Final.

2. They don't understand that there would be most likely all-Russian JGP Final in pairs discipline if they would replace K/S with P/P. I am sure there are people who have tried to tell them that but I am sure there were people who two years ago tried to tell them that they can assign more than 3 pairs to JGP Russia but that didn't make any difference either. This is also the Fed who few years ago didn't understand that the ladies they had named to their last JGP event of season was mostly ladies who would have skated both of their events by the time of the last JGP event and because of that they didn't have anybody who could have replaced Sima after she had to WD.

3. They specifically want to avoid the all-Russian JGP Final.

4. People behind K/S are politically a lot more powerfull than the people behind P/P. Politically powerful people behind K/S were promised that K/S would get a JGP event no matter what shape they are and that is exactly what will happen no matter what.

5. They think really highly of K/S and despite K/S's recent lack of decent results they are convinced that K/S will do so great that K/S could in fact get a 2nd JGP event where they would replace A/K or P/S.

The last one would be the only acceptable reason but based on K/S last event I can't see that it would be the reason. When fully fit K/S can do great and even at their current shape they could medal in JGP Canada but based on their last event it is highly unlikely that they would earn a 2nd JGP event and because of that I see no point in sending them to Canada. They should have sent P/P and make JGP Final history with all-Russian JGP Final.

hanca

Record Breaker
Actually, I think if they are going to replace them, it may be with Labazina/Rakhmanin. At the recent competition L/R scored way above all other pairs that could be sent, much higher than Pepeleva/Pleshkov and Kvartalova/Sviatchenko.

hanca

Record Breaker
It is official now, they will skate at JGP Canada.

https://fsrussia.ru/news/3869-sosta...stnikov-chetvertogo-gran-pri-v-richmonde.html

It was very stupid to give away one JGP Final spot for free but it is what it is. Hopefully K/S will medal here.
I really think that the federation doesn’t care about having full Russian JGPF. Having fifth or sixth place from JGPF has no meaning for the federation. It is a pity that there are no more spots available; twelve spots per countryis the maximum available and for some countries it just isn’t enough. One can argue that some other pairs (e.g. Labazina/Rakhmanin) deserve the spot more, but then again, in the season 2016-17 Kvartalova/Sviatchenko deserved a spot and didn’t get one because they were an unknown pair. It was their first competition season together, but they were already getting pretty good scores. Sometimes you don’t get something that you deserve, other times you get something that you may not quite deserve. I hope they will do well. I liked them a lot the past few years, although I think she may be getting a bit too tall for him.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated their OP. Now you can find there all the info regarding their programs, videos and results. I hope you'll like it.

hanca

Record Breaker
According to the Russian forum, they split up. He will be skating with Balabanova (new to pairs). No news about Kvartalova.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Alex Sviatchenko is training with the Mozer group but sadly it seems he doesn't have a partner at the moment. This was mentioned at the newest Fsrussia's article.

hanca

Record Breaker
Alex Sviatchenko is training with the Mozer group but sadly it seems he doesn't have a partner at the moment. This was mentioned at the newest Fsrussia's article.

I thought he was skating with Anastasia Balabanova, or have they split up? The issue was that she was new to pairs, not that he didn’t have a partner.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes, I was right. Sviatchenko is skating with Balabanova. They are signed up for a competition in Moscow at the beginning of September.