Daria Kvartalova & Alex Sviatchenko | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daria Kvartalova & Alex Sviatchenko

Lana05

Final Flight
They are competing with french pair, really tough competition :sarcasm: and 1st after sp

The Finn

Record Breaker
Without that one fall in FS at the Russian Junior Nationals they could have been a Junior Worlds medalist right now. But the fall happened and because of that they were less than 3 points short for the Bronze.

I don't know if they had had injuries or illnesses in the early part of the season because they didn't do well then but the latter part of the season was pretty good. If they are healthy and ready when the next JGP season starts I totally expect that they will make it to the JGP Final even though there might be even more domestic competition next season than what there were this season. That is because none of the current top junior pairs are moving to seniors and there will be at least two new very competitive pairs, Atakhanova/Volodin and Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov, fighting for the JGP spots and obviously JGP Final spots.

Some more or less recent videos

2018 Russian Cup Final (Senior event)
SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB4oY7mNvKA
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YACikxKvWwQ

2018 Russian Junior Nationals
SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqrQJDUsd9I
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60QxWchaH8

The Finn

Record Breaker
Now that P/K and B/K have moved to seniors it should open up some space for K/S. I am expecting a breakthrough season for them.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Dasha & Alexei have been named only as subs for the 1st two JGP events. Obviously the test skate event will be held this week, so, nothing has been lost but I would have thought that Russian Fed would have ranked them above Akhanteva / Kolesov, Poluianova / Sopot and Panfilova / Rylov who all have been assinged for one JGP event. Dasha & Alexei beat all of them at the Junior Nationals, so, they should have been ranked above those teams despite the fact that two of those teams skated at the JGP Final last season.

Hopefully Dasha & Alexei will outskate all above mentioned pairs at the test skate event and they will be assigned to the 1st or 2nd JGP event of the season because if they don't then it would seem unlikely that they would get 2 JGP events this season.

hanca

Record Breaker
Dasha & Alexei have been named only as subs for the 1st two JGP events. Obviously the test skate event will be held this week, so, nothing has been lost but I would have thought that Russian Fed would have ranked them above Akhanteva / Kolesov, Poluianova / Sopot and Panfilova / Rylov who all have been assinged for one JGP event. Dasha & Alexei beat all of them at the Junior Nationals, so, they should have been ranked above those teams despite the fact that two of those teams skated at the JGP Final last season.

Hopefully Dasha & Alexei will outskate all above mentioned pairs at the test skate event and they will be assigned to the 1st or 2nd JGP event of the season because if they don't then it would seem unlikely that they would get 2 JGP events this season.
Have you seen Kvartalova recently? She looked like going through the puberty.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It doesn't look good for them now because a new pair, Pepeleva / Pleshkov, were named for JGP Canada whereas K/S still don't have any assignment. I would have thought that Russian Fed would have done some changes for their early JGP assignments by now but so far they haven't done any. I still think that they will do some changes for their assignments but necessarily in pair's discipline.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Will have to wait and see if this will stick but Russian Fed has now assigned K/S to JGP Canada where they replaced Pepeleva/Pleshkov. One would think that if P/P does well at their 1st JGP event and also all the other pairs do well in their 1st JGP event then there might not be room for K/S.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I am really curious if they will start in Canada. If so, the Russian Federation gives away the opportunity for six pairs (incl. Pepeleva/Pleshkov) in the JGPF.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I am really curious if they will start in Canada. If so, the Russian Federation gives away the opportunity for six pairs (incl. Pepeleva/Pleshkov) in the JGPF.

Surely they will be replaced now. Despite the mistakes P/P had a pretty good JGP debut and they deserve a 2nd JGP event. They have a lot of potential and with cleaner programs they could even medal at the JGP Final. All the other teams except M/G and K/I should be beatable for them if they skate really good. It would make no sense whatsoever if Fed now would refuse to give them a 2nd JGP event.

The Finn

Record Breaker
If so, the Russian Federation gives away the opportunity for six pairs (incl. Pepeleva/Pleshkov) in the JGPF.

Not about K/S but since I can't post 2018–19 JGP area I will post this here.

Just for fun I went through all the JGP Finals from season 1997–1998 and this is what I compiled.

Most Russian skaters at the JGP Final per discipline. (Minimum 4/6 or 5/8)

Men
2002–03: 4 Men (8 men in total, among the best 6 qualifiers there were 4 Russian)
2016–17: 4 Men (6 men in total)

Ladies
2013–14: 4 Ladies (6 ladies in total)
2017–18: 5 Ladies (6 ladies in total, Russia had the best 5 qualifiers))

Pairs
1998–99: 4 Pairs (6 pairs in total)
2003–04: 5 pairs (8 pairs in total)
2008–09: 5 pairs (8 pairs in total, Russia had the best 5 qualifiers)
2010–11: 6 pairs (8 pairs in total)
2013–14: 5 pairs (6 pairs in total)
2014–15: 4 pairs (6 pairs in total)
2015–16: 4 pairs (6 pairs in total)
2016–17: 5 pairs (6 pairs in total)
2017–18: 4 pairs (6 pairs in total)

Ice dance
2010–11: 6 Teams (8 teams in total, among the best 6 qualifiers there were 5 Russian teams)
2012–13: 4 Teams (6 teams in total)
2014–15: 4 Teams (6 teams in total)
2017–18: 4 Teams (6 teams in total)

So, never have there been an all-Russian (or all any country) JGP Final. Twice Russia has had 6 teams in the JGP Final but those happened when there were 8 teams overall.

Someone might be a bit surprised that Russia has had 4 or more ladies in the final only twice. That is not much when compared to the other disciplines.

hanca

Record Breaker
Surely they will be replaced now. Despite the mistakes P/P had a pretty good JGP debut and they deserve a 2nd JGP event. They have a lot of potential and with cleaner programs they could even medal at the JGP Final. All the other teams except M/G and K/I should be beatable for them if they skate really good. It would make no sense whatsoever if Fed now would refuse to give them a 2nd JGP event.
P/P have no chance to medal at JGPF. In what universe they would beat Mishina/Galliamov, Panfilova/Rylov, Kostiukovich/Ialin and Akhanteva/Kolesov?

The Finn

Record Breaker
They scored only 51.60 points in SP at the Saint Petersburg Cup. Dasha fall the throw and other elements weren't totally clean either.

They still hold the JGP Canada spot and it will be interesting to see if they will indeed keep that spot despite the fact that P/P could easily make it to the JGP Final if given 2nd event.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They didn't do well today either. She fell her 3T and also 3LoTh. They did a pretty good 3S+2T+2T but overall this wasn't a good competetition for them. Their score in FS was below 90 points and only about 141 points in total.