Plushenko Academy | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Plushenko Academy

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
This is the first time I'm hearing this. I thought Plushy was a legend who was loved by everyone in skating no matter which country they're from....Why is he not friendly with the press? Did something happen?

He has many fans in Russia, of course.:) But he has many haters, too. I follow him closely since 2010. I read everything on him what I could. When an athlete became celebrity starts the problems. Plushy's second wife has many haters in Russia, she is very famous, too but not the typical Russian woman. A succesful business woman in the Russian show business. She is very talented but she annoys many Russians. Many Russians didn't like when Plushy performed at the Eurovision Song Contest despite the fact they won. :laugh: When their relationships with Yana ( his wife) became public was a big debate in the media that is not true, that is just a PR action! Plushy's sexual type is the dark haired women, but Yana is blond etc. Can you imagine that? :laugh:

They think an athlete is an athlete not a showman and so on... And I read many false informations in the Russian media on him. When those things started they have filed many lawsuits but today they don't care about it.

I could continue this story but I need to go now.. You believe me he is an interesting person in general..:)

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT8HlfRl4HY/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

Good Morning ☕️We wish you a great mood and a good day ☺️And we begin trainings - the first group at 8 am 💪🏻

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT8zpC1Fj5c/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

Our head coach @plushenkoofficial is showing to our student Taya an exercise for double Salchow jump ⛸✌🏻

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9aVKYFvSG/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

We are happy to invite you in our summer camp in Moscow with Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko! Trainings in our camp are possible during one week or two weeks. Dates of summer camp:

20th of June - 27th of June
20th of June - 4th of July

7th of August - 14th of August
7th of August - 21st of August

In a week (6 days) there will be: 12 trainings on ice, 2 trainings in a gym and 2 classes of choreography.
For further information please contact us: Maria +7 (917) 551 73 30 ([email protected])

18th of July - 25th of July
18th of July - 1st of August

LRK

Record Breaker
Re the prices discussion - I think it may be slightly at cross purposes. Are we talking about the fee for the "normal" training in a group at the Academy? Or private tuition with Plushy himself? Because I think Trankov, at least, was talking about the latter. That is extra classes one-on-one with Plushy only with this one student.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Re the prices discussion - I think it may be slightly at cross purposes. Are we talking about the fee for the "normal" training in a group at the Academy? Or private tuition with Plushy himself? Because I think Trankov, at least, was talking about the latter. That is extra classes one-on-one with Plushy only with this one student.

Private tuition with Pluschenko will cost 60 thousand rbls. per hour. This is about 2 average monthly salaries in Russia. And this is the reason for the outrage on sports.ru and the likes. Looks very big, indeed. Then they offer group packages 30, 45, and 75 hours per month for 60, 90, and 150 thousand rbls. respectively. Then one hour will cost 2 thousand. Again, even the minimum package is hardly affordable for an average family. I remember that during the Soviet times my family paid 20 rbls. per month for me with the income of about 500 and FS was considered to be a big cost item. So, Plushy's school is for the rich and for the talented whom he will subsidize.

moriel

Record Breaker
Private tuition with Pluschenko will cost 60 thousand rbls. per hour. This is about 2 average monthly salaries in Russia. And this is the reason for the outrage on sports.ru and the likes. Looks very big, indeed. Then they offer group packages 30, 45, and 75 hours per month for 60, 90, and 150 thousand rbls. respectively. Then one hour will cost 2 thousand. Again, even the minimum package is hardly affordable for an average family. I remember that during the Soviet times my family paid 20 rbls. per month for me with the income of about 500 and FS was considered to be a big cost item. So, Plushy's school is for the rich and for the talented whom he will subsidize.

My relatives pay about 4k rubles / month for their kid (which includes 3 2hr classes a week, coach and choreographer, phisical preparation, off ice dance classes, health insurance), but its not in Moscow. Thats not a lot, lets say around 25hrs a month - which is 160/hr.

I´m personally not outraged, because Plushy can charge whatever people are willing to pay him, and its a business after all. Also, imho it is quite common business model, to charge a lot from ones who can afford it, and use part of this money to subsidize who cannot (which also allows not so rich kids to have a great coach).
But i dont like people here trying to present it as average price for FS lessons in Russia. It *IS* expensive.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

That is the individual lesson's price. That is not for the pupils who have regular trainings. According to some gossips there were some rich football players' wife who already wanted to a lesson with Evgeni. And probably will be some foreign fans who will attend it, too. Evgeni could have hidden that price if he wanted to.

About the sport.ru they didn't care about the whole package......

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if a good deal of this is a bit of "culture shock", per se.

Those of us in Western countries aren't as shocked, aren't surprised, because it's always been this way - figure skating is expensive, and the better/more credentialed the coach, the more you pay.

But in Russia, where they had the state-sponsored system for so long, they are not used to the real cost of skating, so it comes as a shock, and something to discuss.

For me, I think the price is justified - even underselling himself - when you consider what he brings to the table - the experience, the technique...but that is looking at it from a Western POV.

moriel

Record Breaker
I wonder if a good deal of this is a bit of "culture shock", per se.

Those of us in Western countries aren't as shocked, aren't surprised, because it's always been this way - figure skating is expensive, and the better/more credentialed the coach, the more you pay.

But in Russia, where they had the state-sponsored system for so long, they are not used to the real cost of skating, so it comes as a shock, and something to discuss.

For me, I think the price is justified - even underselling himself - when you consider what he brings to the table - the experience, the technique...but that is looking at it from a Western POV.

Well, Id say he lacks coaching experience and famous students ;)

As for russia - i personally just defend the point its VERY expensive, and don't think its cool that many people in this thread desmiss it as "normal" price, and even "average price for FS in russia". Which are wrong.

Frank Carroll charges 100 usd / hr. Median household income in USA - 2015 - was of roughly 59k usd - or 590 Carrol hrs.
Plushy charges 2000 rubles/ hr. thats 35 usd / hr (those arent the personal classes with him, those are the group packages). Median household income in Russia - 2015 - was of roughly 11k usd - or 314 Plushy hrs.
So, basically, Plushenko charges 2x as much as Carroll, without his experience and without any mildly successfull student yet.

Of course, he has or right to charge whatever he wants and whatever people are willing to pay. But it is expensive. Even for western standards. And very expensive considering it is BRICS, not 1st World. The income is different, and the prices are different.

mrrice

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT8HlfRl4HY/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

Good Morning ☕️We wish you a great mood and a good day ☺️And we begin trainings - the first group at 8 am 💪🏻

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT8zpC1Fj5c/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

Our head coach @plushenkoofficial is showing to our student Taya an exercise for double Salchow jump ⛸✌🏻

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9aVKYFvSG/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

We are happy to invite you in our summer camp in Moscow with Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko! Trainings in our camp are possible during one week or two weeks. Dates of summer camp:

20th of June - 27th of June
20th of June - 4th of July

7th of August - 14th of August
7th of August - 21st of August

In a week (6 days) there will be: 12 trainings on ice, 2 trainings in a gym and 2 classes of choreography.
For further information please contact us: Maria +7 (917) 551 73 30 ([email protected])

18th of July - 25th of July
18th of July - 1st of August

LRK!!!!!! This may have been my favorite set of videos. He was so cute working with that little girl in the blue...:cool2:

I would like to say one thing that I have noticed in watching these very educational, and informative videos. You can't fake the look in the eye of young students. Even the older kids look at Plushy with a glow in their eyes that is very genuine. They clearly look up to Plushy and I can say from experience, that is HUGE for a parent. It may sound sad but, some kids never get that feeling from their teachers. What I love the most is that Plushy does not teach from sidelines, or stand by the boards and scream like I've seen so many coaches do in the past.

As a Parent, if I walked into the rink and saw my child having one on one time with one of the greatest champions in history, I wouldn't care how much it cost. It is worth it.. :thank::bow::2thumbs:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well, Id say he lacks coaching experience and famous students ;)

As for russia - i personally just defend the point its VERY expensive, and don't think its cool that many people in this thread desmiss it as "normal" price, and even "average price for FS in russia". Which are wrong.

Frank Carroll charges 100 usd / hr. Median household income in USA - 2015 - was of roughly 59k usd - or 590 Carrol hrs.
Plushy charges 2000 rubles/ hr. thats 35 usd / hr (those arent the personal classes with him, those are the group packages). Median household income in Russia - 2015 - was of roughly 11k usd - or 314 Plushy hrs.
So, basically, Plushenko charges 2x as much as Carroll, without his experience and without any mildly successfull student yet.

Of course, he has or right to charge whatever he wants and whatever people are willing to pay. But it is expensive. Even for western standards. And very expensive considering it is BRICS, not 1st World. The income is different, and the prices are different.

That is very expensive, of course. But it seems there are many families could pay it in Moscow. They pay many privat lessons in this price. The biggest problem is PLUSHENKO made a new type of Academy such an Academy wasn't in Russia. If he is doing something that is in the Russian media immediately and they want to do sensation with him. Many Russian coaches organize training camps. For example Mozer in Novogorsk now. Do you know her price? Anybody asked her about the prices? No. This is Plushenko's fame.

Rada

On the Ice
All this outcry is so stupid. It's his private school. And there're people who can afford his prices. And even if other coaches have lower prices in their groups, it's also very expensive- in any case. So what do the haters want?! :noshake:

moriel

Record Breaker
All this outcry is so stupid. It's his private school. And there're people who can afford his prices. And even if other coaches have lower prices in their groups, it's also very expensive- in any case. So what do the haters want?! :noshake:

Yup, its stupid. I mean, is very expensive. Why people keep claiming its affordable for many families and its average FS price in russia? Other coaches have it way cheaper, like half of that price or something. Even non russian top level coaches.
But then, people come here and say its expensive (without any comments on plushenko's ethics or morals or whatever), and people start defending him out of nothing, as if saying his academy is expensive is an insult to him =D
Crazy fans will be crazy fans.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But then, people come here and say its expensive (without any comments on plushenko's ethics or morals or whatever), and people start defending him out of nothing, as if saying his academy is expensive is an insult to him =D
Crazy fans will be crazy fans.

Oh, come on, moriel, you know better than that. The subtext in the "too expensive" posts was clear - Evil Greedy Plushenko, just out to make money, not for the love of skating at all, it's just because he's Evil and Greedy.

Rada

On the Ice
He has many fans in Russia, of course.:) But he has many haters, too. I follow him closely since 2010. I read everything on him what I could. When an athlete became celebrity starts the problems. Plushy's second wife has many haters in Russia, she is very famous, too but not the typical Russian woman. A succesful business woman in the Russian show business. She is very talented but she annoys many Russians. Many Russians didn't like when Plushy performed at the Eurovision Song Contest despite the fact they won. :laugh: When their relationships with Yana ( his wife) became public was a big debate in the media that is not true, that is just a PR action! Plushy's sexual type is the dark haired women, but Yana is blond etc. Can you imagine that? :laugh:

They think an athlete is an athlete not a showman and so on... And I read many false informations in the Russian media on him. When those things started they have filed many lawsuits but today they don't care about it.

I could continue this story but I need to go now.. You believe me he is an interesting person in general..:)

Plushy and dark haired women? Who said this?! Just because of Maria?:scratch2: And what about Uliana? She was so blond! (and so beatiful). Than there were rumours about him and Tatiana Totmianina, but she is also not very dark haired:laugh:So, we know four girls, and just one of them is not a blonde:laugh:
As for Yana... Well, she has one talent, that`s for sure, and this talent is a grip of steel. She`s a strong woman. She`s reach and successful. But other traits of her personality.... I mean, ones that we can see, of course... Well, I cannot say that she`s the most charming and attractive woman in the world. I liked Plushy, but even my reaction was something like that :palmf: when they married :laugh: And what could be expected from people, who didn`t like him a lot?)
But need to say - Plushy is happy with her, so...:)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushy and dark haired women? Who said this?! Just because of Maria?:scratch2: And what about Uliana? She was so blond! (and so beatiful). Than there were rumours about him and Tatiana Totmianina, but she is also not very dark haired:laugh:So, we know four girls, and just one of them is not a blonde:laugh:
As for Yana... Well, she has one talent, that`s for sure, and this talent is a grip of steel. She`s a strong woman. She`s reach and successful. But other traits of her personality.... I mean, ones that we can see, of course... Well, I cannot say that she`s the most charming and attractive woman in the world. I liked Plushy, but even my reaction was something like that :palmf: when they married :laugh: And what could be expected from people, who didn`t like him a lot?)
But need to say - Plushy is happy with her, so...:)

I totally agree with you. I'm not a fan of her because I like the more natural people she is posing always. I think she wears too short skirts, etc. Plushy loves her, they are happy...what we can do? https://twitter.com/MriaSzalai/status/590171011229822977/photo/1 What a great love!!!:luv17:
But I think she was beautiful and she doesn't look badly now. https://www.instagram.com/p/BTo8uvvlJut/?taken-by=rudkovskayaofficial

I have seen a video when other celebrities and a journalist talked about their relationships, upcoming marriage. They said Evgeni and Yana's relationships was so secret they didn't see them together thus they don't believe it. Of course, it was understandable, their divorces didn't end. I think a journalist said Plushy likes the dark haired women that is his sexual type. Unfortunately I don't find that video on Youtube .That was an Russian-American's woman's video on her facebook page. She translated many videos to English for the fans in that time.

https://twitter.com/MriaSzalai/status/501371990180384768/photo/1 :eek::

Last edited:

Rada

On the Ice
I totally agree with you. I'm not a fan of her because I like the more natural people she is posing always. I think she wears too short skirts, etc.:

Alas, short skirts and high heels (may be Plushy likes it? She said, he likes slim girls so she try to be slim, and he likes when she looks like a princesse (and she do so, although the result of her efforts reminds a Barbie more:laugh:) are not the main problem(

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
That is the individual lesson's price. That is not for the pupils who have regular trainings. According to some gossips there were some rich football players' wife who already wanted to a lesson with Evgeni. And probably will be some foreign fans who will attend it, too. Evgeni could have hidden that price if he wanted to.

I said exactly that: 60k is for a private lesson - 2k is for the group lesson. And I absolutely agree that the argument whether it's too much or not is meaningless as we are talking about a private school. If it proves to be too much, the kids won't show up. I understand he made some investments and has a business plan so that the venture makes sense. The key thing is whether he and his team really know their business. He says "with the best coaches and choreographers, and most importantly, of course, I will not only train, but also will be a mentor for professional athletes!" That's very important. If he takes some young talent and quickly makes the like of Boyang or Nathan out of him that will change the rules of the game in Russian FS. If he becomes "Eteri in men", wow that will be something.