Plushenko Academy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Plushenko Academy

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Some Press Conference news http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170405/1118655595.html

In brief: He has been working with Adelina for two weeks, and Emanuel Sandhu will be her choreographer. Their joint work aims for a long time, not just for one season. He also said that their cooperation is not a PR move, because neither he nor Adelina needs it. And most importantly, all these are just Adelina's decision.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Compared to his father, Sasha is more charming, imho. :laugh:

Seriously, the facilities of the School look so cool that it must be very comfortable to work or skate there. :2thumbs:

liv

Record Breaker
To think of Emans journey. In the last few years Eman was working in a tiny local rink here in SW Ontario, to working with Mishin and his group last year and now a more formal role here with Plush (love that that is on Evgeni's jacket).

Good luck to everyone involved.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
To think of Emans journey. In the last few years Eman was working in a tiny local rink here in SW Ontario, to working with Mishin and his group last year and now a more formal role here with Plush (love that that is on Evgeni's jacket).

Good luck to everyone involved.

Yes, they met with each other again in Mishin Camp in last year. I liked their joint work immediately and they were in harmony not only on the ice but off ice too.

https://vk.com/doc2786377_439587454?hash=e9f69b7ee6f69c1462&dl=8cc441af651b9f98ea scroll down

Eman's off ice videos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJKdoL0hSov/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJKV5mGBEHk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJSmzmSh76_/

Eman was on Dima Bilan's concert ( Russian popstar, Plushy's friend they won the Eurovision Song Contest together ) and on the "Sports Legends" show by Alexei Nemov( Olympic Champion gymnast). https://www.instagram.com/p/BKb0U2CBMBk/

Plushy invited Eman to his shows (Kings on Ice and the Nutcracker). Eman was in Chechnya, Grozny. Eman skated the famous chechen dance, lezginka. https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMeaUfDJhI/?taken-by=plushenkoofficial not only Eman but Elladje Balde, too :love:

Last edited:

Khoai

Match Penalty
The fee is too expensive for normal people. 2500 usd per month? No, thanks.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
What does 2500 USD include? Plushenko does have 4 Olympic medals and multiple other accolades, he's not some normal coach, also if it includes ice time and a few hours of skating per week, that is not a bad price (not that I can afford it anyway). But I'm speaking from my experience as a Canadian.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The fee is too expensive for normal people. 2500 usd per month? No, thanks.

Um, if that number includes ice time multiple times a week (and/or multiple times a day), multiple on and off ice coaching sessions, choreography etc...that's actually not a bad price and probably pretty equivalent to what a skater would pay back home.

I'd want to see what was included for the fee before passing judgement on it being too expensive.

EDIT: Khoai, where did you find this fee? Because as far as I can see, the Academy doesn't have its own website yet.

Last edited:

Khoai

Match Penalty
Um, if that number includes ice time multiple times a week (and/or multiple times a day), multiple on and off ice coaching sessions, choreography etc...that's actually not a bad price and probably pretty equivalent to what a skater would pay back home.

I'd want to see what was included for the fee before passing judgement on it being too expensive.

EDIT: Khoai, where did you find this fee? Because as far as I can see, the Academy doesn't have its own website yet.
My Russian friend said: "The monthly pay for Plushenko's Academy classes is 150,000 roubles (around 2,500 dollars). Which is three times my monthly salary at the university - and I'm paid quite acceptable here."

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My Russian friend said: "The monthly pay for Plushenko's Academy classes is 150,000 roubles (around 2,500 dollars). Which is three times my monthly salary at the university - and I'm paid quite acceptable here."

So it's a "my friend told me..."

Still, depending on what it includes, that could be quite a reasonable fee. Perhaps you don't have any idea what figure skating training really costs? I can guarantee the US skaters are spending that much or more on their training, even when they're up-and-coming.

Khoai

Match Penalty
So it's a "my friend told me..."

Still, depending on what it includes, that could be quite a reasonable fee. Perhaps you don't have any idea what figure skating training really costs? I can guarantee the US skaters are spending that much or more on their training, even when they're up-and-coming.
She is also on this forum. I can ask her to come here. There is no way she tells a number from nowhere. Russian forums have many news, of course there are news about the prices.
As I have said, it's 3 times the amount of her salary. I don't think normal people can afford such fees for their children at least in Moscow.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She is also on this forum. I can ask her to come here. There is no way she tells a number from nowhere. Russian forums have many news, of course there are news about the prices.
As I have said, it's 3 times the amount of her salary. I don't think normal people can afford such fees for their children at least in Moscow.

"normal" people can't afford the cost of figure skating in Western countries, either. What I'm telling you is that this is an entirely normal cost. So if you and your friend can please stop trying to make out like Plushenko is price-gouging, that would be wonderful.

Barb

Record Breaker
If people spend 2,500 USD/month for Plushenko´s school, I don´t want imagine how much they pay for Brian Orser :drama:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If people spend 2,500 USD/month for Plushenko´s school, I don´t want imagine how much they pay for Brian Orser :drama:

An extremely significant number of dollars, I imagine.

I train maybe twice a week if I get lucky with work, and have one lesson a week. My approximate skating costs each month, I estimate, would be around $350. And I'm just an adult skater tooling around doing singles and working endlessly on the same darned test that I just can't get hold of. Start multiplying the ice time to more than one session a day, five days a week, and multiple lessons in a week, and add in some off-ice strength and conditioning classes - that adds up really damn fast.

Barb

Record Breaker
An extremely significant number of dollars, I imagine.

I train maybe twice a week if I get lucky with work, and have one lesson a week. My approximate skating costs each month, I estimate, would be around $350. And I'm just an adult skater tooling around doing singles and working endlessly on the same darned test that I just can't get hold of. Start multiplying the ice time to more than one session a day, five days a week, and multiple lessons in a week, and add in some off-ice strength and conditioning classes - that adds up really damn fast.

I am so poor :sad21:.

Do you think that the top 10 of the world earn more money than they spend? Skaters who are not Yuzuru, Mao, Marin.