EYOF: Predictions Game Round 1 | Golden Skate

EYOF: Predictions Game Round 1

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the European Youth Olympic Festival.

Entries/Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/eyof2017/

The competitions start on 13[SUP]th[/SUP] February 2017 at 10:00 TRT (09:00 CET / 08:00 GMT) with the Ladies Short.

So, the target time to get your predictions in is 1 hour before that, i.e. 09:00 TRT (09:00 CET / 07:00 GMT)

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is the Time Converter that Mrs. P has been very kindly directing us to the past few years.

Please remember to read the rules for the Predictions Game:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?62811

Entries

Ladies:

Men:

EDIT (13[SUP]th[/SUP] Febraury 2017): Added in the link for the Entries / Results Page, as well as the SP Start Order tables.​

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Nathan13

Medalist
LADIES
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Anastasiia Gozhva
3. Kristina Skuleta-Gromova
4. Lucrezia Gennaro
5. Alizee Crozet
6. Anna Litvinenko

MEN
1. Petr Gumennik
2. Nikolaj Majorov
3. Aleksandr Selevko
4. Daniel Grassl
5. Adam Siao Him Fa
6. Basar Oktar
7. Nika Egadze

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
Ladies
1 Alina ZAGITOVA
2 Lucrezia GENNARO (entry list has Gennaro LUCREZIA, but I think it has her name in wrong order)
3 Alizee CROZET
4 Anastasiia GOZHVA
5 Amanda Winona STAN
---
6 Kristina SKULETA-GROMOVA

Men
1 Petr GUMENNIK
2 Yakau ZENKO
3 Daniel GRASSL (entry list has Grassl DANIEL, but I think it has his name in wrong order)
4 Aleksandr SELEVKO
5 Nikolaj MAJOROV
---
6 Adam SIAO HIM FA

Last edited:

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Ladies:
1. Alina Zagitova
2. LITVINENKO Anna
3. CROZET Alizee
4. KITAROVIC Katarina
5. GOZHVA Anastasiia
6. GUCEK Lara

Men:
1. GUMENNIK Petr
2. SELEVKO Aleksandr
3. DANIEL Grassl
4. SIAO HIM FA Adam
5. ZENKO Yakau
6. MAJOROV Nikolaj

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
2 Lucrezia GENNARO (entry list has LUCREZIA Gennaro, but I think it has her name in wrong order)

Tell me about it! :drama: They have really mangled some of the names. Like, look what they did to my daughter Daniella's name! :eek:

But, don't worry. There won't be many players for the EYOF, so I'm sure the scorers won't be as strict for this event as they normally are. As long as it is obvious who you meant, you should be OK.

By the way, the Opening Ceremony is being shown on the Olympic Channel this afternoon. More information is in the Event Thread.

CaroLiza_fan

Weathergal

Medalist
Tell me about it! :drama: They have really mangled some of the names. Like, look what they did to my daughter Daniella's name! :eek:

But, don't worry. There won't be many players for the EYOF, so I'm sure the scorers won't be as strict for this event as they normally are. As long as it is obvious who you meant, you should be OK.

By the way, the Opening Ceremony is being shown on the Olympic Channel this afternoon. More information is in the Event Thread.

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you so much CaroLiza_fan! My goodness you're quick--I just finished my predictions! :bow:

I figured that I would probably be OK either way but just wanted to be sure, especially I have since the two Italian skaters that I believe have their names reversed fairly high in my predictions.

Thanks for all the info. I'll have to see I can catch some of it. :thank:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you so much CaroLiza_fan! My goodness you're quick--I just finished my predictions! :bow:

Nah, just good timing. I had only just signed in and was going straight to the event thread to click through to the Olympic Channel. Because I'm not sure whether the Opening Ceremony starts in 10 minutes from now, or an hour and 10 minutes from now.

On my way past, I spotted that there were some more replies in here. And I was curious to see who people were choosing. Because, apart from Zagitova, I've no idea who to put where in my scoring positions!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

waterfall braid

On the Ice
Ladies
1 ZAGITOVA Alina
2 LUCREZIA Gennaro
3 LITVINENKO Anna
4 SKULETA-GROMOVA Kristina
5 CROZET Alizee
6 STAN Amanda Winona

Men
1 GUMENNIK Petr
2 SELEVKO Aleksandr
3 DANIEL Grassl
4 ZENKO Yakau
5 MAJOROV Nikolaj
6 SIAO HIM FA Adam

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Men;
1. GUMENNIK Petr
2. DANIEL Grassl
3. SELEVKO Aleksandr
4. MAJOROV Nikolaj
5. EGADZE Nika
6. OKTAR Basar
7. ZENKO Yakau

Ladies;
1. ZAGITOVA Alina
2. LUCREZIA Gennaro
3. GOZHVA Anastasiia
4. LITVINENKO Anna
5. SKULETA-GROMOVA Kristina
6. PAROSHYNA Hanna
7. KEDA Valerija

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Men:

1. Gumenik
2. Selevko
3. Grassl
4. Zenko
5. Majorov
6. Fa

Ladies:

1. Zagitova
2. Gozhva
3. Gennaro
4. Shkuleta-Gromova
5. Crozet
6. Litvinenko

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies

1 Alina ZAGITOVA
2 Lucrezia GENNARO
3 Alizee CROZET
4 Anastasiia GOZHVA
5 Amanda STAN
---
6 Kristina SKULETA-GROMOVA

Men

1 Petr GUMENNIK
2 Daniel GRASSL
3 Yakau ZENKO
4 Aleksandr SELEVKO
5 Nikolaj MAJOROV

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
LADIES

1. Alina ZAGITOVA
  2. Anastasia GOZHVA
  3. Lucrezia GENNARO
  4. Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA
  5. Alizee CROZET
  6. Anna LITVINENKO

MEN

1. Petr GUMENNIK
  2. Daniel GRASSL
  3. Aleksandr SELEVKO
  4. Yakau ZENKO
  5. Nikolaj MAJOROV
  6. Adam SIAO HIM FA

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1. Alina Zagitova
2. Alizee Crozet
3. Anna Litvinenko
4. Amanda Stan
5. Anastasia Gozhva
6. Laura Karhunen

Men:

1. Daniel Grassl
2. Petr Gumennik
3. Aleksandr Selevko
4. Yakau Zenko
5. Nika Egadze
6. Nikolaj Majorov

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Of course, there was only ever going to be one person that I was putting at the top of the Ladies predictions.

The remaining podium positions, though, was a tough decision. Because I had 3 girls that I was dithering between. Gennaro, Crozet and Gozhva. I was thinking about putting them in that particular order, but when I looked at the absolute PB’s, Gennaro and Gozhva were practically identical, while Crozet was 15 points lower. So, the French girl ended up off the podium.

For the other two, I went with Gennaro, for the simple reason that I am more familiar with her than I am with Gozhva.

For the rest of the field, there were only 6 names that were familiar to me. Four of them occupied the next 4 positions in the absolute PB list.

When you looked at their absolute PB’s, these four were actually in pairs. And of each pair, the one with the higher score was the one I was most familiar with. (In fact, in the case of Skuleta-Gromova, I had never seen her before. Because she has never done any Junior GP’s. I had just heard her name).

With the remaining two positions in my Top 10, I was tempted to put the other 2 girls that I was familiar with (Ipsarides and Voulgari). But when you see Karhonen’s absolute PB from October’s Tirnavia Trophy, and how far it is ahead of the rest of the girls, it would be crazy to leave her out. So, I kept her in 9th.

And as for the girl in 10th, I have never seen her before. BUT, she is coached by Jenna and Kevin. So, I couldn’t possibly leave her out!

With the Men, I actually got through my predictions quicker than I expected. Because, all the guys that I was familiar with occupied 7 of the Top 8 positions in the absolute PB list! The only infiltrator (Egadze) was in 6th position. But, the guy that I wanted to be in my Top 6 that wasn’t already (Majorov) was only half a point behind him. So, I had no guilt about moving Egadge down a spot to 7th.

Before I even did any research, I already knew that I was putting Gummenik top and Grassl into 2nd. And I knew that I was having Oktar and Majorov somewhere in my Top 6, and in that order. What I couldn’t decide was where to put Selevko and Zenko.

When you look at the positions they have finished in at Junior World’s and Junior GP’s, there is not a lot to separate them. The thing that does strike you, though, is that although he is younger, Selevko has done a LOT more competitions than Zenko.

But, when I then looked at the absolute PB’s, it turned out pretty straightforward. There were big gaps separating the absolute PB’s of Grassl, Selevko, Zenko and Oktar. So, that settled it pretty easily.

I kept the remaining guy I was familiar with in 8th. And as for the rest, I just kept them in absolute PB order. Their scores are that far below Siao Him Fa’s that they are not going to be troubling him.

Caroliza_fan

EUROPEAN YOUTH OLYMPIC FESTIVAL

Ladies

1. ZAGITOVA Alina, RUS
2. GENNARO Lucrezia, ITA
3. GOZHVA Anastasiia, UKR
4. CROZET Alizee, FRA
5. STAN Amanda Winona, ROU

Just for fun
6. SKULETA-GROMOVA Kristina, EST
7. SAYGI Ekin, TUR
8. LITVINENKO Anna, GBR
9. KARHUNEN Laura, FIN
10. KITAROVIC Katarina, CRO

Men

1. GUMENNIK Petr, RUS
2. GRASSL Daniel, ITA
3. SELEVKO Aleksandr, EST
4. ZENKO Yakau, BLR
5. OKTAR Basar, TUR

Just for fun
6. MAJOROV Nikolaj, SWE
7. EGADZE Nika, GEO
8. SIAO HIM FA Adam, FRA

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaah!!!!

I just realised that I mixed up Sila Saygi and Ekin Saygi!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Mind you, I should have twigged that I had the wrong girl, because I remember commenting during Europeans that Sila was older than I thought. :palmf:

It says on Sila's ISU Bio that her 2 younger sisters are figure skaters. So, would I be right in thinking that Ekin is one of those sisters?

If she is, it would make me feel better that I at least got the right family! :agree: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results
GOLD: CaroLiza_fan with 50 points
SILVER: apgold, Hannah555, StichMonkey with 40 points
BRONZE: invisiblespiral, matmuh, silverfoxes, waterfall braid with 35 points

Congratulations to all!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apologies that this is being posted nearly 4 months after the competition. There were some delays, but that has now been sorted by scoring the EYOF Ladies myself.

Here are the Ladies results.

Everybody without fail correctly predicted that Alina Zagitova would win.

Special mention goes out to invisiblespiral, Nathan13, and StitchMonkey, who all correctly predicted who would be in the top 5, but just got the order slightly out.

For the rest of us, Anna Litvenenko finishing in 7[SUP]th[/SUP] and Amanda Stan finishing in 9[SUP]th[/SUP] were the main spanners in the works.

Here are the podium positions:

GOLD with 65 points: invisiblespiral, StitchMonkey.

SILVER with 55 points: Nathan13.

BRONZE with 50 points: CaroLiza_fan, matmuh.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

To find out more, please see the spreadsheet.

CaroLiza_fan