14 Natalia OGORELTSEVA 64.65
15 Alice Fedichkin 64.28
16 Pauline TSURSKAYA 73.76

Videos will appear here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFSRussia/videos

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Tuk at 134.76 FS, is that a good national score ?

It's more relevant to look at the TES score; 65 is solid but not top podium material. For comparison references, Medvedeva got around 74 at Europeans. So it appears that it was a solid performance, with no falls, but I suspect some mistakes here in there, maybe a pop/ a hand down or two. 69 PCS is pretty high but decent for a national competition. TES 67 for Polina is also a bit low

EDIT: very good jumps for Liza, everything looked secure and well done except popping the 3F.

Last edited:

starla16

Medalist
It's more relevant to look at the TES score; 65 is solid but not top podium material. For comparison references, Medvedeva got around 74 at Europeans. So it appears that it was a solid performance, with no falls, but I suspect some mistakes here in there, maybe a pop/ a hand down or two. 69 PCS is pretty high but decent for a national competition. TES 67 for Polina is also a bit low

EDIT: very good jumps for Liza, everything looked secure and well done except popping the 3F.

I think Polina T got an underrotation but her jumps were solid too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOP2j8TTfqY
Tsurskaya is very sublime, pre CoP type skater with secure jumps.

starla16

Medalist
Polina is growing into a lovely skater, I can't believe how different she is as a skater compared to last season. I can't wait to see her on the Sr circuit

Tsurskaya has one of the best skating skills amongst russian girls and her speed improved.
she is up there with Pogorilaya, Gubanova, Sotnikova in skating skills.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Polina T got an underrotation but her jumps were solid too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOP2j8TTfqY
Tsurskaya is very sublime, pre CoP type skater with secure jumps.

I've never really been able to get into her skating. I feel like it lacks personality or something and I find myself just watching elements being done well but the programs don't really have a character or feel that I can identify. She's really solid though and earns her points but it just doesn't do anything for me sadly .....at least not yet. I'm still holding out hope that she'll change my opinion as she becomes a senior.

She's sort of like a good jumping version of Masha but lacks the presentation. It's just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

RadioFan

Match Penalty
I've never really been able to get into her skating. I feel like it lacks personality or something and I find myself just watching elements being done well but the programs don't really have a character or feel that I can identify. She's really solid though and earns her points but it just doesn't do anything for me sadly .....at least not yet. I'm still holding out hope that she'll change my opinion as she becomes a senior.

It is Eteri's group. They skate like robots without emotions. And of course, the choreography is horrible boring and the costumes are re-use several times. (See Zagi's DonQuihote-balerina-thing)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
It is Eteri's group. They skate like robots without emotions. And of course, the choreography is horrible boring and the costumes are re-use several times. (See Zagi's DonQuihote-balerina-thing)

I'm not a fan of the Tutberidze school, but I have never seen them skate "like robots without emotions" at all. They rather tend to present the emotional content of their programs in an unsophisticated "in your face" way. With a single exception:Julia. She always appears like a skating enigma.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Last season Polina wowed me with her 3Lz-3T. But this year she wows me with everything she does. The footwork sequence in the SP is so smooth, so genius, so aesthetically pleasing, I can literally watch it again and again for an hour.
There are things I think could be improved, such as her 3F which is still not that stable. And I could do without her biellmann spin. But on the whole she really just "does it" for me :laugh:

RadioFan

Match Penalty
I'm not a fan of the Tutberidze school, but I have never seen them skate "like robots without emotions" at all. They rather tend to present the emotional content of their programs in an unsophisticated "in your face" way. With a single exception:Julia. She always appears like a skating enigma.

The only emotional content they deliver is to lull you in sleep.

madison

Record Breaker

She's sort of like a good jumping version of Masha but lacks the presentation. It's just my opinion of course.

I feel the same :(
I don't see authentic emotion in her skating :sad21: