2017 Russian Cup Final - Senior Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Cup Final - Senior Ladies FS

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Authentic emotion??? I can only think of Mao. Most emotions in skating are "fake", just some look more fake than the other. Polina and Evgenia's emotion look more genuine than for example, Ashley Wagner (over exaggeration) or and early Satoko (learned)

I feel the same :(
I don't see authentic emotion in her skating :sad21:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Authentic emotion??? I can only think of Mao.

Mariah Bell skates with honest emotion. There are plenty out there but I think the problem with using your emotions to guide you is that you are likely going to suffer consistency issues. Moods change.

madison

Record Breaker
Authentic emotion??? I can only think of Mao. Most emotions in skating are "fake", just some look more fake than the other. Polina and Evgenia's emotion look more genuine than for example, Ashley Wagner (over exaggeration) or and early Satoko (learned)

I disagree... I think there are many skaters who bring authentic emotions into their skating and this makes the difference between a memorable and brilliant skater and a very good one... Elena Radionova, for example, for the most cases she is authentic and truly believes what she skates on or Anna Pogorilaya, the short this season... and of course many ice dancers...The public easily can feel what is fake and only learned and what is authentic.