2017 Russian Cup Final - Junior Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Cup Final - Junior Ladies SP

starla16

Medalist
Results and videos after the Short Program:

1. Anastasia Gubanova - 68.03 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKdl9ogZQdQ
2. Victoria Vasilieva - 66.83 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYnMOu2FWWc
3. Anastasia Tarakanova - 66.08 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytaE1g2Sxj0

I'm glad Gubanova skated well after a not so good junior nationals, but that lutz though will be a big problem and bury her in the future if it doesn't get fixed, horrible pitch forward technique. Look here girls, pitch forward technique is a no ! no !

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't even know what to think about the score. Alina Zagitova at Junior Nationals got around 74 points for clean SP.

To me it's a no brainer who's programs I'll actually watch.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
hate to be so pessimistic, but that lutz has such a weak future a fall on that Lutz<<
Nugumanova is struggling just after 1 junior international season, will she even get a JGP slot this coming season ?
I'm glad Gubanova skated well after a not so good junior nationals, but that lutz though will be a big problem and bury her in the future if it doesn't get fixed, horrible pitch forward technique. Look here girls, pitch forward technique is a no ! no !

Yes, these girls really need help with this jumps. :(

starla16

Medalist
Yes, these girls really need help with this jumps. :(

especially lutzes, Nugumanova with a clear as day downgraded lutz and Gubanova's pitch forward and leans.
Gubanova does very good 3 Flips and Nugumanova has some success with 3lo-3lo but I cant see a bright future if these girls cannot learn proper lutzes.

those issues will get worst if not fixed, Gubanovas is very alarming !

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think some of that is just the camera placement and angle. I thought she looked great and in time with the speed of the music and it's emotion. I love the new dress!

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
especially lutzes, Nugumanova with a clear as day downgraded lutz and Gubanova's pitch forward and leans.
Gubanova does very good 3 Flips and Nugumanova has some success with 3lo-3lo but I cant see a bright future if these girls cannot learn proper lutzes.

those issues will get worst if not fixed, Gubanovas is very alarming !

I love Gubanova's presentation but his 3Lz is really gaudy and it even hurts her performance. It's very alarming. She already has fallen many times in the last year+ because of that jump.

On the topic of lutzes and jumping in general, Anastasia Trusova who will be junior eligible for next season has really impressed me. Her Lutz is massive and absolutely gorgeous(Double arms overhead and such height with that technique is just unbelievable) and she even has a video of her falling on a 3A<(Not a <<) and she has been doing 3Lo combos consistently as well with great height. In fact, I'd say that she's right now easily my favorite out of the relevant ladies who become eligible for juniors next season and I'd say that her jumps are MUCH more likely to last than Viktoria Vasilieva's whose axel especially reminds me of Lipnitskaya's in the worst way possible.

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Sofia was better than her 7th place suggests... feeling that she's been lowballed at the past few competitions...

hate to be so pessimistic, but that lutz has such a weak future a fall on that Lutz<<
Nugumanova is struggling just after 1 junior international season, will she even get a JGP slot this coming season ?
Liza will probably do better next season since the solo jump won't be the loop anymore. She can then do her 3Lo-3Lo in the SP. IIRC, next year's solo jump is the Lz which means the girls who have a 3Lz-3T can't use it in the SP, which will narrow the score gap with those who don't do it.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So many talented ladies, and I am afraid that half of the ladies on JGP this year may not get a spot next year. Liza is very much at risk. She showed little improvement over this season, while Zagitova was better and better. Even Gubanova may be in danger. Looks like she will go through some major body change soon.

kalee

On the Ice
Half of the ladies on JGP this year are likely to move to seniors -- Zagitova, Tsurskaya and Konstantinova have all got decent chances of securing 1-2 senior GP spots, and Fedichkina will be age-eligible to move up also.
Gubanova did pretty well in JGPF and Senior Nationals, so barring a major body change + calamitous dip in form, I'd bet on her being one of the main contenders for 2 JGP spots. Panenkova, Trusova, and Kurakova are also looking good for 2 JGP's based on their current form.
The next tier would be interesting -- Samodurova did well in JGP Yokohama and at Senior Nationals, so hoping she would get 2 spots. Also hoping that Anna Tarusina will improve as she progresses in her recovery and become another strong contender for 2 spots.
That would leave Gulyakova, Nugumanova, and Scherbakova each still able to secure a spot apiece, barring explosive improvement by Vasilieva or Tarakanova, or puberty issues.
Mitrofanova is a wild card -- she had creditable performances at the 2015-16 JGP but looks as though she's going through puberty issues this year, so there's a possibility she could come back stronger after puberty.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Videos just showed up - and immediately dislike. Someone really hates Russian ladies. :laugh:

But Juniors??? I can somehow undestand those who put dislikes and hate comments on senior skaters but do it to those lovely little girls??? :( Those haters should be ashamed of themselves...

Last edited: