2017 Four Continents Pairs FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Reminder that I am minimalpairsteknik

Minji JI/Themistocles LEFTHERIS (KOR)
Spectre
Her in red dress with silver trim and cutouts at waist and back, him in grey shirt, black pants

2Tw
3T-2T-2T
Th3F 2ft
upsy good, one handed dismount
FODs, he changes hands
fall, oh no she tripped coming out
CCoSp
female cover of Writing On the Wall
3S (I feel like they're tempting fate by having that right on "but always hit the floor")
upsy with very skary change to her being upside down
Th3Lo fall
another upsy, good
CoSp (pairs spin)

Also he's 34 and she's 17, that's really freaking creepy.

But that was a really good performance. Good job!

she did 3t-1t-2t ?

I don't find age difference creepy... don't you have older/ younger co workers??? I see it as a career... fine.. they hold hands and stuff... but yeah...it depends which angle you are looking at it.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I like the concept of these costumes- I actually REALLY like his- but SuYeon's hemline is bothering me. It looks messy, but not messy enough to make in feel intentionally artistic. It just looks like it was hemmed by a middle school home ec student. And it blends in too much with her tights- it would look nice if it was ombred to navy matching his pants

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The ISU stream had some mini-freezes (less than 1 sec), then froze up completely. Back to the CBC. Definitely not as clear in picture or sound.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Su Yeon KIM/Hyungtae KIM (KOR)
Tree of Life
her in pale blue/grey dress with black tree-shapes and a lot of illusion mesh, him in matching shirt and dark blue pants

2Tw
3S
Th3F
PCoSp
upsy from him in besti squat, nice
Th3S, her free leg just touched down I think
Is this like a ChSq?
upsy, this one looked like it might have come down early
this music is so weird
2A - she stepped out, he went on to do 2A-2T-2T
upsy, nice, he hits spreadeagle (or I assume it was, camera didn't show feet)
FODs
SBS FCCoSp

Awww, they look super happy!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I like the concept of these costumes- I actually REALLY like his- but SuYeon's hemline is bothering me. It looks messy, but not messy enough to make in feel intentionally artistic. It just looks like it was hemmed by a middle school home ec student. And it blends in too much with her tights- it would look nice if it was ombred to navy matching his pants

i like the costumes too... and almost most of the music for them... but there were some cuts that made me want alcohol... i resisted for now.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Wow! Got here just in time for the Korean pairs mini-nationals, lol.

I loved watching the last pair (SuYeon & Hyungtae) in the K&C, good for them!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kyueun KIM/Alex Cang Chan KAM (KOR)
Impossible Dream
her in purple dress with black skirt and silver leaves on the bodice, him in two-tone purple shirt with sparkles and black mesh sleeves. She's wearing a big black knee brace.

2Tw
SBS 3T - she fell, he did 3T-1T
Upsy out of spreadeagle
Th3S, she hangs on
SBS FCCoSp
SBS 3S, he turns out
in the absence of other info I'm just going to refer to this as ChSq
Th2Lo
upsy, slightly crashy exit
sudden lyrics!
FODs whoa she scraped the ice with her head on entry, not sure they held it long enough
upsy very skary, not stable
PCoSp
ha, he totally fell out of his sit position but managed to disguise it as his ending pose. Good job!

Not as good as the other Korean pairs, but still a good job!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If she's going to wear a dark knee-brace, it should be bedazzled to match her dress. Maybe with edging to match her under-skirt.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The ISU stream had some mini-freezes (less than 1 sec), then froze up completely. Back to the CBC. Definitely not as clear in picture or sound.

Having no problems with the ISU stream here.

zebobes

Final Flight
Alex Kam had this weird smirk on his face the whole program. It made me feel like I was missing out on an inside joke.