Viktoria Vasilieva | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Viktoria Vasilieva

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
tbh, it was fully deserved
Her FP was superb in IN and PR department. It's one of the rare cases when I am agree with PCS score despite not liking the program itself.

Yeah, I agree, and also, because she is very fast. I guess she is the fastest Russian junior figure skater along with Nastya Tarakanova. All other girls at their background look slow. On senior level Stanislava Konstantinova has the same impressive speed.

But Vika's programs are really total crap, especially free program. She can't fully show her potential while she's skating that. I hope in the next season they will make for her really worth programs.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Amazing skate by Vika today. And that stupid fall at the end. Her jumps, her speed, her spins... Although this is a crap program with bad stsq, she somehow made it looks not so bad. I wonder what will be if she will get a real good program.

Really pity about the result.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I wonder what will be if she will get a real good program.

I don't think she will, though. There are only few coaches who can afford good choreographers - and even then only main stars are getting best programs. It's a big problem of all these talented girls being with not so successful coaches - they have to deal with what they got and often these rather bland programs just keep them in shackles. Even if you are genius - you can't get many pcs points for poor program.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Vika has been assigned for JGP Czech Skate. Whether or not she can keep this spot will depend on how good does the other ladies skate at their 1st JGP event.

If Russia will keep their current assignments then Vika would be the 8th lady to get her 1st assingment. I can see this happening but then there wouldn't be room for Gubanova if they want to get six ladies to the JGP Final.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't think that her keeping this spot should have very much at all to do with how well the others skate in their first JGP event... Why would it affect anything? If they were planning on giving this event to Vasilieva in the first place, how those other skaters do shouldn't really affect it.

The Finn

Record Breaker
She would be 8th skater to get her 1st JGP event but if all the 7 ladies before her will skate really great then the Fed might want to give all those 7 ladies a 2nd JGP event and a chance to make it to the JGP Final and that would leave Vika without any JGP event. Nobody knows what their original plan was, it might have been to give 8 ladies one JGP event and then give the best 6 ladies a 2nd JGP event which would be something I would most likely go with if that would be up to me but that is not how it went last season.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
But only 6 go to the final, and Viktoria could skate better than the worst performer out of those anyway...? Doesn't make any sense to me.

You don't need 7 repeating, only 6.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
So happy for Vika :cheer: I really have a soft spot for her...she is a talented skater, hope she will gain some consistency too, otherwise she already has what it takes to be at the top :agree:

The Finn

Record Breaker
But only 6 go to the final, and Viktoria could skate better than the worst performer out of those anyway...? Doesn't make any sense to me.

You don't need 7 repeating, only 6.

And what difference would it make if she could in theory skate better than the worst of the previous seven because she wouldn't get a 2nd JGP event anyway because she would then be the 7th best. It would most definitely make more sense to give the 7th best a fighting chance to get to the final. Let's say that the 7th best would end up been Tarusina who was very clean and without that invalidated spin she would have got about 191 points, then I would most definitely rather give her the last spot because she would have a real chance to get to the final than give the last spot to a new girl, Vika, who in this scenario most likely wouldn't get a 2nd event anyway.

If all seven ladies does great at their 1st event then there is no point in bringing a new lady in unless she is expected to be really really great and superior to those who have already skated, so, basically someone like Kostornaia when she came in last season.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
And what difference would it make if she could in theory skate better than the worst of the previous seven because she wouldn't get a 2nd JGP event anyway because she would then be the 7th best.
Worst performer of those who'd be in line to get second GP events when she competes.

Then she could get assigned to the 7th JGP event.

Btw, I'm not exactly buying that Tarusina's better than Vasilieva.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Btw, I'm not exactly buying that Tarusina's better than Vasilieva.

Well, from the videos I've seen, I much prefer Vasilieva. Her technique is sound, and she can work on performing better. Unfortunately with Tarusina, her jump technique is not good, her spins are nothing to rave about, and her performance is more "selling it with attitude" as opposed to selling it with great skating. Tarusina is probably my least favorite, though Sinitsina (sp?) is probably at that same level. I'd rather give Vasilieva two spots, for the future, than waste it on Tar or Sin. Vasilieva looks to have much more potential, and when we're looking at Juniors, it's the potential you want to encourage.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Really? Sinitsyna has 3Lz-3Lo and insane skating skills. I agree that Vasilieva has long-deserved a spot but I don't think it's fair to any of these three girls to try and compare them like that. They will be compared at the JGP :).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Rooting for Vika to have a great JGP debut! Hopefully she can earn the silver medal at the very least :)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Good luck Vika, you really deserve at least a silver medal, so go get what it's yours! :cheer:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Vasilieva underscored and Kostornaia overscored, nothing new
I have to agree on that too, from a TES point of view. Still, overall i don't think she stand out on the russian field, so i was expecting this kind of score, on her JGP debut. We still need to see the free, but with all those +2/+1 around, on jumps that, comparably, deserve more, she can't do much about it. GOE+5 has make the system even more unfair.

It's like they just don't feel the need to support her, or at least that's how i see what happen today.