Viktoria Vasilieva | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Viktoria Vasilieva

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm really quite upset by how poor baby Vika was scored today. She had just 6+ for transitions, below girls with more empty skating, for example. She was a highlight for me today, beautiful and clean skating, and still she is held down.

It really looks like they do not want an all-Russian final to happen, and thus are lowering the scores of Russian girls. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but I cannot think of any other reason that Vika deserved such scores today. She should've won the SP, imo.

Azikin

Medalist
It's hardly anything new, figure skating has always been full of "politicking". I also cannot think of any other reason..

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I'm really quite upset by how poor baby Vika was scored today. She had just 6+ for transitions, below girls with more empty skating, for example. She was a highlight for me today, beautiful and clean skating, and still she is held down.

It really looks like they do not want an all-Russian final to happen, and thus are lowering the scores of Russian girls. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but I cannot think of any other reason that Vika deserved such scores today. She should've won the SP, imo.

Totally agree! I was so angry because she was perfect, no mistakes, no UR, they did not have anything on her. But her PCS was just....I don't even have words to say it. I loved her performance, she really did her job so I'm sad for her because she waited for this chance since last year. :sad21:

The Finn

Record Breaker

Of course they don't want it to happen. This has never been a conspiracy theory but a sad reality. Although this is not so much about all-Russian JGP Final but just pushing non-Russians to the JGP Final or medals above Russians whenever they can. Sometimes it is just more visible than in other times.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Wow. There are no words. Vika was foot perfect and was still underscored. At least she's so good that she had to medal anyway.

Kayyyn

Rinkside
uhhhhhhhh it feels like if u not an A tier russian girl you will just get disgustingly underscored

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Hopefully we will see her at a later international event this season -- perhaps Volvo Open, where Gulyakova went last season. Usually I think only Coupe de Nice counts for SB but maybe that'll change since it was cancelled.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I am so excited! But if she doesn't skate on the 4th stage, she'd have to skate on the 5th, or else no senior nationals, and that would be sad :(

The Finn

Record Breaker
Interestingly it really seems that she isn't going to WD from Inge Solar Memorial and if so, she will skate two events within 5 days.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I think all of Team Davydov tried to compete beforehand except Tarusina. Samodelkina and Berestovskaya competed in Volkov Cup. Anyways, good luck to Vika, and may the layout be fixed! :pray:

The Finn

Record Breaker
She did pretty good in her SP at the Inge Solar Memorial. She scored a bit below 63 points which was less than what she scored at her JGP event even though her program looked good and clean. Her SP video was banned on Youtube.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Vika did very well at the Inge Solar Memorial. Her FS score was about 120.5 points and total score about 183.5 points.

SP. No music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEO3Z5lWanQ

FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDn6C2B3cxM

By the way, according to commentator her 4T she did in practices wasn't "far off".

wow after watching those two performances, I think I just became a fan.
Her skating skills are really good, edge control, very soft knees. Her jumps are beautiful as well. Have to admit I did not pay attention to her much at her JGP but now I am paying attention.