2017 Four Continents Men FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men FS

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
^ Definitely older than 20 here! Drinking age here is 18 though, 16 for the easy stuff ;)

Vodka's in the fridge. I'm having a cocktail party with myself.

No need to have it with yourself, you have GS after all :biggrin:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Go senior citizens (anyone older than 20)! :)

Here in Europe we can drink earlier. Cheers! (It's been a long time since I've been a 'junior citizen' anyway)
Any drinking game ideas? Landed quad seems unreasonable if we want to survive....

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I hope it will be worth waking up very early in the morning to see last group go all clean !

yeah right.. :laugh2:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm still unsure if I should wake up at 3 for the earlier groups or later at, what? 5 or 6 to see the final group.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just watched the Men's SP with Tara and Johnny commentating and it was HORRIBLE....:laugh2: I shouldn't laugh but, Tara just doesn't shut up from the beginning to the end of Nathan Chen's SP. Thank Gawd I have the Canadian Feed....:drama:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm still unsure if I should wake up at 3 for the earlier groups or later at, what? 5 or 6 to see the final group.
05:15 ish for the third group, 06:15 ish for the last group. I'm aiming for 5 am because I desperately want to see some skaters in the third group. And 5 am isn't all that early for me, anyway, in fact, I'm awake between 5 and 5:30 on most days.

Last edited:

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I couldn't watch the SP because I was working, so I'm going to enjoy the LP :popcorn:
Setting the alarm right now, see you later guys :bed:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Here in Europe we can drink earlier. Cheers! (It's been a long time since I've been a 'junior citizen' anyway)
Any drinking game ideas? Landed quad seems unreasonable if we want to survive....

Everytime a warhorse comes up seems like a no brainer. That makes me want to drink anyway.

How about stupid spin mistakes? Really ugly costumes?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Uhm... that's like 90 % of the men. For me, the only not really ugly costumes are the shiny and colorful ones. :(

Well, then it would be a very successful drinking game...? :biggrin:

Maybe say really, really, really ugly ones? The ones enough participants here agree are ugly...?

Or everytime the announcer/commentator messes up a name. How about that?

sallycinnamon

Medalist

3 am is too early, I couldn't wake up (except for the Olympics) :laugh:

I set my alarm at 05:30, make a good coffee and get here in time for Misha's wonderful Nutcracker LP.

Good luck to all the guys in the earlier groups, especially MCM and the Korean boys!

See you later guys.

:bed:

Warwick360

Medalist
As the last skater Nathan can just watch what the others do and skate accordingly. I also don't think we can expect only 84 in PCS for Nathan like in GPF. He is the leader here, and that will push his PCS up. I don't think it will get into the nineties, though. If both skate cleanly with their planned content Shoma still has the gap of three points from the SP to make up. Could happen, still....I'm sceptical.

Or he could possibly collapse by the requirement if everyone will be clean. It will be interesting if everyone does go clean before him. Might be interesting to see what he's made of.

Sackie

Medalist
More like as the last skater the judges will know what to give him in order for him to win! :)

sarama

Medalist

Personally I'll go for the second to last group. Because if I try to wake up earlier than that, then I know I'll fall asleep during the ice resurface, or as soon as the competition is over and then mess up my sleeping pattern even more :roll5:

teeannroo

On the Ice
^^^From the Urban dictionary:

Busker Buskered
A term used to explain how multiple fandoms come together to vote for their favorite artist but get trolled in the end.

In England, I think busking is a form of "pan handling", sometimes while playing music?

In England when we say busking we mean performing in the streets for money (is that what 'pan-handling' is?)- you usually have to have a license for it. It's usually people playing instruments or singing

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
05:15 ish for the third group, 06:15 ish for the last group. I'm aiming for 5 am because I desperately want to see some skaters in the third group. And 5 am isn't all that early for me, anyway, in fact, I'm awake between 5 and 5:30 on most days.

5 sounds reasonable, Winnie. Thanks for the info. Well better go get some sleep now, too. :bed:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In England when we say busking we mean performing in the streets for money (is that what 'pan-handling' is?)- you usually have to have a license for it. It's usually people playing instruments or singing

Thank you for that explanation. Pan handling is more like begging. I remember my British friends telling me to watch out for buskers, and I had no idea what they were talking about! Interesting how our English is the same and yet different! :)