2017 Four Continents Men FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men FS

friedbeefmince

On the Ice
we have almost 5 hours... 45 more pages in 5 hours means 9x15=45 posts per hour [15 posts per page]

We can do this!! :)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
As the general joking goes - write Yuzuru Hanyu fan fest in the title, and there is a chance!

In England when we say busking we mean performing in the streets for money (is that what 'pan-handling' is?)- you usually have to have a license for it. It's usually people playing instruments or singing

Oh. Than Yuzu busker buskering his way to this title would definitely be fun. Wonder what song he would chose :biggrin:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I am watching the NBC broadcast for the ladies free program and they have showed ten year old Nathan to now on every single commercial break. The hype machine is overkill right now...

Pamigena

Record Breaker
As the general joking goes - write Yuzuru Hanyu fan fest in the title, and there is a chance!
Do me a favor, while I catch some sleep now, don't jinx it and turn this here into another place where I no longer want to go, OK? Pretty please?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Do me a favor, while I catch some sleep now, don't jinx it and turn this here into another place where I no longer want to go, OK? Pretty please?

You may want to go back now. :) Seems the apocalyptic mood there has passed.

As a general FS fan want best skates from the men in the FS ala GPF 2015. Feeling hopeful that will be the case.

I just saw the United States NBC television coverage of the men's SP.

OK, I have been a big cheer leader for Nathan. But Yuzuru Hanyu is really in a class by himself. He cannot lose this or any other competition unless he misses some of his jumps outright.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Sorry Pami, I'm sure it will be fine. Sleep well and get ready for the Cocktail Party :yes:

I just saw the United States NBC television coverage of the men's SP.

OK, I have been a big cheer leader for Nathan. But Yuzuru Hanyu is really in a class by himself. He cannot lose this or any other competition unless he misses some of his jumps outright.

If that is a reverse jinx, you're getting yourself into trouble here ;)

liv

Record Breaker
In England when we say busking we mean performing in the streets for money (is that what 'pan-handling' is?)- you usually have to have a license for it. It's usually people playing instruments or singing

We have busking here in Canada too. I have been to a buskerfest before.

And wow, NBC has really gotten on the Nathan bandwagon. I understand their excitement, but I was surprised how much tara and johnny were praising/referring to him constantly. And it was interesting to hear the ramped up criticisms of the other men.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm not strong enough to stay up for Men's :drama: Good luck to everyone, especially my Korean boys, Boyang, Jason, Nathan and Patrick :cheer:

matcha

Medalist
Aaaaw man I should've had a nap today, I won't be awake for this. Sucks thst the only event I got to watch live was ladies free, which left a lot to be desired t b h.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
NBC Sports has live coverage of the men's free (the last two groups, at least). It is scheduled for 11 PM to 1 AM Eastern. Looking at the time schedule, Nathan Chen won't finish until 15:07 local time, which runs beyond the NBC time-slot. If you are recording this late-night broadcast, you will want to extend the recording at least 10 minutes over, else you will probably lose most of Nathan's performance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aaaaw man I should've had a nap today, I won't be awake for this. Sucks thst the only event I got to watch live was ladies free, which left a lot to be desired t b h.

I made that mistake with the Ladies SP and glad I didn't do it today. So I'm well rested, got a 4 mile run done and have sweet potatoes ready for a epic night ( i hope) of men's figure skating.

Olympic

On the Ice
Thank you. I set my DVR accordingly. NBCSN has Pairs Free scheduled to re-air from 1 am onward. They will definitely use that time frame for Nathan.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
NBC Sports has live coverage of the men's free (the last two groups, at least).

Oh great, Weir commentary on Brendan. :rolleye:

I will soon have my lunch then it will be time to get settled in.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I made that mistake with the Ladies SP and glad I didn't do it today. So I'm well rested, got a 4 mile run done and have sweet potatoes ready for a epic night ( i hope) of men's figure skating.

I got tired just reading that!

:bow:

We are not worthy!

da96103

Record Breaker
Headline if Yuzuru fails to medal, and the three young ones go on the podium.

Shoma Uno with his Bridesmaids Chen and Jin Left at the Altar by the Groom.