2017 Four Continents Exhibition Gala | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Exhibition Gala

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yuzuru seems very affectionate, while Shoma seems the opposite. I cannot see him initiating such contact, not only because Yuzuru is in the senpai position. I totally get where Yuzuru is coming from though, Shoma totally has that "wow, so fluffy, I wanna pet him" aura. He brings that out in a lot of people. Wasn't he sitting on Keiji Tanaka's lap in some green room once?

And Yuzuru can get away with it. I also think they genuinely like each other.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Yuzuru seems very affectionate, while Shoma seems the opposite. I cannot see him initiating such contact, not only because Yuzuru is in the senpai position. I totally get where Yuzuru is coming from though, Shoma totally has that "wow, so fluffy, I wanna pet him" aura. He brings that out in a lot of people. Wasn't he sitting on Keiji Tanaka's lap in some green room once?

And Yuzuru can get away with it. I also think they genuinely like each other.

Proud embarrassing mom Yuzu and awkward child Shoma give me life.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
oh yes, looove me some Bieber exhibitions!!!:dance3: :hap57:

boy, Tessa and Scott were on fire today, best performance of that EX for me hands down! They showed once again why they're on the top - aside of obvious and well-respected qualities and skills they have, now they have also that playfulness and freedom of enjoying their stuff I've never seen before. They enjoy not only themselves, the experience they share, but the music, the crowd, the flirty vibe of the choreo, interaction between them...So many great moments, their expression - spot on, moves- sharp and precise, but at the same time flowy and so easy on eyes. And I'm ain't a shipper of any sorts, but DAYUM about those touching/looking at each other :love:, then starting from 2nd chorus cameraman wanted probably do the shimmies like they did and camera got a bit shaky, but hey - who can blame him? :laugh:

and Misha - OMG what a hilarious EX!!! I was rolling at bed from laughter fit! Bieber + fake tatoos + techno freestyling = we have a hit:love:, He really is getting his energy from performing and sharing his vision with the crowd, what and engagement, personality and commitment! And always a gorgeous lady in company! Saying that, he really gave run for their money to some urban dancers - that was one heck of sharp movement. And I would freaking LOVE to go with him to the club or to a disco party, boy got SOME moves!

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven't made it through the main thread, but do my eyes deceive me?

My three fav men here, Jason, Misha and Julian invited to the Gala?!? :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Can't wait to see the vids ( know about Canned Heat and the Biebs, but no idea what Julian does).

Bcash

Final Flight
Haven't made it through the main thread, but do my eyes deceive me?

My three fav men here, Jason, Misha and Julian invited to the Gala?!? :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Can't wait to see the vids ( know about Canned Heat and the Biebs, but no idea what Julian does).

Yes I was happy to see Julian here too. Love his skating, but that program doesn't make sense to me.

Eclair

Medalist
OMG!! How great is it that the organizers invited Misha and Julian???? :2thumbs::2thumbs:

I wish more organizers would follow and invite less known skaters/skater who didn't place so high, but have outstanding exhibitions:clapper:

Misha really knows how to work the crowd :laugh2: His dance moves are pretty good too!

Loved the Love affair between Julian and his mop!:rofl: To me this was one of the funniest EXs ever, (the other ones are Javi's 80's mix and Plushy's sex bomb)

Jason was great, but I liked his EX and US Nats better:luv17:

Liked Nathan's music and EX, but those who say he deserved his PCS or even more (as much as Hanyu) and then point to this exhibition are just wrong. Watch Hanyu's EX and compare to Nathan's. While I enjoy both, Hanyu's SS and flow and performance was so much stronger. But what isn't there yet, can still be develop;)

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
Yes I was happy to see Julian here too. Love his skating, but that program doesn't make sense to me.

huh? why not? He's a janitor with a radio and he dances with his mop. Am I missing something because I thought that's everything there is to understand about that program?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Patrick fans may not like my comment I'm afriad, but this Shoma's new ex program somehow reminds me of younger Patrick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mt3Q_dtBRY

I never thought their skating styles are similar. Idk why, is that because of the music. or choreography? Who did the choreo? Jeff comes to my mind. Or Wilson, I heard he worked with Wilson in January.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick fans may not like my comment I'm afriad, but this Shoma's new ex program somehow reminds me of younger Patrick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mt3Q_dtBRY

I never thought their skating styles are similar. Idk why, is that because of the music. or choreography? Who did the choreo? Jeff comes to my mind. Or Wilson, I heard he worked with Wilson in January.

so here's my take on this :) I am a Patrick fan, I like Shoma as well ;) both look very good in tight jeans ;)

Now skating wise, Shoma is smooth and skates nicely in here...here's a similar ex program... at 18 I think you can see Patrick is much smoother and refined. His extension is so nice. Already, it's the upper body that makes a huge difference in my opinion.

if you wish to compare tangos, go ahead ;)
This being said, I enjoy Shoma's skating and look forward to seeing him develop from year to year.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Misha, Sui/Han (too much in agreement with the cheering post with them for worlds gold!) Nathan & Yuzu
:luv17:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
snip

Who did the choreo? Jeff comes to my mind. Or Wilson, I heard he worked with Wilson in January.

Hi deedee! David Wilson did the choreography for Shoma's new exhibition. I recognized Wilson's choreographic style right away.

deedee1

Record Breaker
so here's my take on this :) I am a Patrick fan,
I know!

Now skating wise, Shoma is smooth and skates nicely in here...here's a similar ex program... at 18 I think you can see Patrick is much smoother and refined. His extension is so nice. Already, it's the upper body that makes a huge difference in my opinion.

if you wish to compare tangos, go ahead ;)

:love: Yes, that program was great!
Okay okay, I agree. Patrick wins in regard to smoothness, refinement, effortlessness, even upper body movements, :) but sharpness, Shoma probably wins I think. :)

both look very good in tight jeans ;)

So, conclusion 1: the biggest similarity btwn them is the tight jeans. :laugh:
Conclusion 2: When it comes to tango and its passion my boy Daisuke can beat the two easily in my humble opinion. ;)

I like Shoma as well ;)
This being said, I enjoy Shoma's skating and look forward to seeing him develop from year to year.

It's so nice to know that you like Shoma as well, and that hearing such very nice comment from a Patrick fan. Thanks!

Hi deedee! David Wilson did the choreography for Shoma's new exhibition. I recognized Wilson's choreographic style right away.

Thanks! :thank:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

Oh I'd never seen this! His footwork is always absolutely lovely to watch. But wait, when did Patrick lose the sparklier costumes? He had some bling back then!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh I'd never seen this! His footwork is always absolutely lovely to watch. But wait, when did Patrick lose the sparklier costumes? He had some bling back then!

for details about Patrick's costuming : ask Violet Bliss : he knows it all :)