Junior Worlds fun questionnaire | Golden Skate

Junior Worlds fun questionnaire

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. What Junior World Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds?

2. What World Junior Championships Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds?

3. Who do you think will win each discipline?

4. Any surprise medalist picks?

5. Who are you most excited to see at Junior Worlds?

6. Which discipline are you most excited for?

7. What one program are you most excited to see?

8. Who will you miss the most?

9. Which skater will blast their official ISU recognized PB by at least 10 points?

10. Out of the skaters who will compete here who, if any, will make it to the senior GP Final next season?

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Alina set the bar really high at the JGP Final. She can beat all three records but it will not be easy.
Aliev and Samarin can beat the Combined total record but Shoma's SP and Samohin's FS records are pretty hard to beat.
I think pair's records are pretty hard to beat here, the only one that might be broken here is the SP record.

2. What World Junior Championships Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds?
All ladies records will surely be broken here, either by Alina or Polina.
Men's Combined total record is totally beatable also. Aliev already beat that once, both he and Samarin can beat that record.

Atakhanova/Spiridonov. They have had such a difficult season that they might qualify as a surprise medalist.
Maybe Stasya and Petrov too would qualify as a surprise medalist.

Polina, Alina, Stasya, Nastia/Grigory and the pairs.

Ladies and Pairs.

Nastia Gubanova, Mishina/Mirzoev and Polishchuk/Vakhnov.

9. Which skater will blast their official ISU recognized PB by at least 20 points?

10. Out of the skaters who will compete here who, if any, will make it to the senior GP Final next season?
Alina and Polina.

I will add the rest later.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm so excited for Junior Worlds :luv17: I will also add some answers, I need to think longer about them :laugh:

Eunsoo Lim from Korea, the biggest dark horse in ladies.

Junhwan, Eunsoo, Yelim and Marin :luv17:

Ladies, like always.

Marin's FP that I really love, I think it's my favorite free of this season.

Rika Kihira and Gubanova :sad4:

9. Which skater will blast their official ISU recognized PB by at least 10 points?

I will have to think about this one, especially on men's side.

Difficult to day but most realistic to do that are Alina and Polina.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
9. Which skater will blast their official ISU recognized PB by at least 20 points?

Wow, 20 points are a little bit too much. I don't know, I will have to think about this one, especially on men's side.

Yeah, that is probably true. I will reduced it to 10 points. Although, last year Mishina/Mirzoev broke their PB by more than 40 points but I doubt we will see anything similar this time.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't understand the difference between the first 2 questions. Pass.

3. Who do you think will win each discipline? These aren't particularly who I want to win, but I'll say Vincent Zhou, Alina, Boikova/Kozlovski, & the Parsons

4. Any surprise medalist picks? I don't think there will be any huge surprises, but I'd say Aleksandrovskaia/Windsor in pairs

5. Who are you most excited to see at Junior Worlds? Dmitri Aliev of course, & Nic Nadeau, Andrew Torgashev, Daniel Samohin (assuming he goes), & Polina

6. Which discipline are you most excited for? The men...always! And there's no really clear obvious winner this time, so it will be interesting

7. What one program are you most excited to see? Dmitri's SP

8. Who will you miss the most? Alisa Fedichkina

9. Which skater will blast their official ISU recognized PB by at least 20 points? no clue. Maybe if Andrew actually could skate clean...

10. Out of the skaters who will compete here who, if any, will make it to the senior GP Final next season? Polina & possibly Alina

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ah, fun questionaire for Juniors, yay!

Men overall. Vincent Zhou is on fire. Plus Aliev and Samarin will try to quad, and Juniors Canadians are not sleeping either, as evidneced in last Canadian Nationals and Bavarian Open. What is shocking is that I don't see any Japanese skater in contention to break any record here. And Alina Zagitova may break record too, along with Parsonns in dance. No chance in Pairs at all without Duskova/Bidar and Mishina/Mirzoev.

Ladies and Men.

Ladies: Alina Zagitova
Men: Vincent Zhou
Pairs: without top2 from GP series it can be anyone. Boikova/Kozlovski maybe?
Ice Dance: Parsons sibs

Ladies: Eun soo Lim
Men: Conrad Orzeł
Pairs: Aleksandrovskaya/Windsor
Ice Dance: Careira/Ponomarenko

Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Parsons sibs, Nicolas Nadeau (missed him a lot in JGP series)

Normally I'd say Pairs. But the level will be worse than last year, so I say Men. Barring last year dissater with Russian ladies, I have no doubt a Russian lady will win.

Nicolas Nadeau's Elvis :biggrin:

Vivian Le, once again...

Conrad Orzeł

If anyone then Alina Zagitova.

s_parks

Record Breaker

um, yeah, same as silverfoxes, the first two qs sound the same? also, idk

Aliev(or zhou... ugh, idk), Boikova/Kozlovskii, Parsons siblings, Zagitova

ladies: lim
mens: tomono
pairs: A/W
dance: C/P

Jun hwan cha, torgashev

men's, obviously.

cha's lp... no shame bias showing, lol

uh... does M/M count? :slink:

Torgashev...hopefully

Zagitova and Tsurskaya(if she stays injury free! fingers crossed) most likely, pairs very likely no one(not a dig at the skaters, just being realistic considering the nature of the discipline), dance also likely no one(for the same reasons as pairs, though if a miracle happened maybe the parsons? They have the best edges and refinement.), men's- maybe zhou or cha? would pick aliev but if his inconsistency doesn't let up, it's not looking good for a gpf spot on debut.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I don't understand the difference between the first 2 questions. Pass.

Obviously they can be the same if WR is scored at World Juniors but like in the case of Ladies WRs they weren't. Currently Ladies WR is Alina's 207 points but the World Junior Championships Record is Lena's 194 points from 2014 World Juniors.

blackey

On the Ice
(don't know much about jr pairs, so it's pretty much only about men ladies and dance

men, vincent is going to smash it

both men and ladies i guess? i feel like the field has grew so much during the last year

my prediction:
men: vincent zhou
ladies: zagitova
dance: the parsons

my dream pick
men: junhwan cha
ladies: marin honda

anything could happen.. it's junior:)

marin honda with no doubt
also junhwan, aliev and lajoie/lagha

men i guess? quad quad quad. and i don't mind if it's going to be a disaster again :laugh:

lajoie/lagha's free dance. i love that program more than most of the senior's

rika kihira

vincent of course!

zagitova, tsurskaya.
i hope we can see marin as well.

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Kaori Sakamoto maybe?

Yuna Shiraiwa -- hoping she can smash her SB & qualify for a guaranteed senior GP spot. Same hopes for Stasya Konstantinova. Also for Eun Soo to really slay.

Clean R&J FP by Marin... please...

Rika Kihira, Daria Panenkova, Nastia Gubanova, and Tessa Hong.

Kind of hoping Bradie Tennell will, to be in a better position for GP spots next season.

While Alina & Polina are the obvious bets, hoping for Marin & Kaori to be in that mix also.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. What Junior World Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds? Dance and Men's.

2. What World Junior Championships Records will most likely be broken at the Junior Worlds? Dance and Men's. And Ladies.

3. Who do you think will win each discipline? Men: Dmitri Aliev. Ladies: Alina Zagitova. Pairs: Boikova/Kozlovskii (Idk). Dance: The Parsons

4. Any surprise medalist picks? Alexei Krasnozhon. But ONLY if he's SUPER clean AND gets a clean 4Lo with at least 0 GOE. If Liu/Johnson have the skates of their lives, they could upset as well. But their SBS jumps and throw jumps have to be clean. They have TERRIFIC lifts. Like they should hold lift clinics for junior pairs teams.

5. Who are you most excited to see at Junior Worlds? McNamara/Carpenter, the Parsons, all Russian and American ladies, Sarah Tamura, Liu/Johnson, Aliev, Samarin, all the American men, too many too list.

6. Which discipline are you most excited for? Dance and men's. But also pairs cause of Liu/Johnson

7. What one program are you most excited to see? Alexander Samarin's SP. I never LOVED that song, but now I like it to skating.

8. Who will you miss the most? Rika Kihira (I want to see a 3A).

9. Which skater will blast their official ISU recognized PB by at least 10 points? Oooooooo.....I doubt Alina Zagitova will be able to get 217 overall. She'd probably need a 3A in order for that to happen. If Dmitri Aliev can go SUPER clean maybe. If Alexei Krasnozhon lands a clean 4Lo, I don't see why not.

10. Out of the skaters who will compete here who, if any, will make it to the senior GP Final next season? Alina Zagitova, MAYBE McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons (I love those two dance teams lol). Perhaps Polina Tsurskaya as well.

(PS: I was typing some of these answers while standing outside cause someone pulled the fire alarm in the building I was in to wait for my class.)

Last edited:

Nathan13

Medalist
Ladies SP, Free Dance

All of them, except maybe Pairs

Zhou (with that Rippon Quad Lutz :eeking:), Tsurskaya, Parsons, maybe the Australian Pair (really I have no idea)

Basically all of the pairs will be a surprise to me--I think Liu and Johnson could be a big surprise in Pairs. For men, maybe Torgashev if he skates cleaner than he has all season, and maybe Jun Hwan Cha (though that probably wouldn't be a big surprise to anyone).

Vincent Zhou and his Quad Lutz!!! Marin Honda, Polina Tsurskaya, the Australian Pair, the Parsons

Men and Pairs

Parsons' FD

Rika Kihira and her 3A, Mishina and Mirzoev, Duskova and Bidar

Vincent!!!

Probably Zagitova and Tsurskaya, maybe Honda

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I don't like predicting results so I will answer just some questions:

D.Samohin, Jun Hwan Cha, V.Zhou, M.Honda, E. Tursynbaeva, Eun Soo Lim, M.L. Hanzlíková, P.Tsurskaya, S.Konstantinova, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Abachkina/Thauron, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Carreira/Ponomarenko, McNamara/Carpenter
probably Ladies
maybe Shpilevaya/Smirnov's FD, I loved it at Junior Nationals :)
Dušková/Bidař, but on the other hand it will be also kind of relief, I won't be so stressed and nervous for them
I know nothing for sure but it is possibe for Tsurskaya, Honda or Samohin

hanca

Record Breaker
Yeah, that is probably true. I will reduced it to 10 points. Although, last year Mishina/Mirzoev broke their PB by more than 40 points but I doubt we will see anything similar this time.

They broke their PB by forty points only because the PB they had was from their only GP event where they skated pretty badly. If they had 'normal' GP season, they would break their PB by forty points.