2017 Worlds Men pre-event thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men pre-event thread

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Why? What happened there? (Curious)

AWG had a 'special' commentator that offered many an hour of 'diversion' during the streaming of that competition. Among other things, he basically called everything a wobble if it was shaky. And there were a lot of wobbles. A LOT. And I didn't even follow the stream with the commentary that often, but did catch some commentated videos after.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AWG had a 'special' commentator that offered many an hour of 'diversion' during the streaming of that competition. Among other things, he basically called everything a wobble if it was shaky. And there were a lot of wobbles. A LOT. And I didn't even follow the stream with the commentary that often, but did catch some commentated videos after.

The commentator also couldn't identify a jump to save his life, either. He had the skater's jump layout in his notes, but if the skater deviated from the layout, he had no clue.

A lot of meaningless babble that was better served by saying nothing. I had to switch to the Korean stream/videos where I had no idea what they were saying but at least it wasn't driving me up the wall.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker

Thank you.:) Yes, I've understood that that commentary was... an "experience".:)

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
As for the other layouts: I would not yet say Boyang and Shoma are going to do 5 quads each. Shoma said he will try the 4S at his next comp, but this doesn't mean they plan it for WC no matter what. If it isn't successful, I'd think they'll go back to the 4CC layout. And Boyang went back to 4 quads for AWG, and given how he had trouble with his 5 quad LP at 4CC, I'd say his layout is a question mark too. I know the quads are exciting, but please remember these guys do have normal human hips and knees.

Shoma has said he won't try 4S at his next comp (Coupe du Printemps), that he tried very hard in practice but that it was too much. So i don't think he will put it at Worlds either. I guess you never know since that guy is insane but I think he'll stay with 4 quads. After all at this point his 4lo is still 50/50 and he has skated his free without fall only once this season. (though pretty much everyone is in the same position regarding that)

da96103

Record Breaker
Yuzu can give MOHIR one quad meal and some wobbling gravy and still win.

Nathan, Shoma and Javier cannot afford to give any jump meal but they can give a few wobbling gravy on their plates and still win.

Patrick's plate must be absolutely clean with not even any wobbling gravy on his plate to win.

Boyang can win only with an absolutely empty plate and other skaters give a lot of food to MOHIR.

da96103

Record Breaker
Shoma has said he won't try 4S at his next comp (Coupe du Printemps), that he tried very hard in practice but that it was too much. So i don't think he will put it at Worlds either. I guess you never know since that guy is insane but I think he'll stay with 4 quads. After all at this point his 4lo is still 50/50 and he has skated his free without fall only once this season. (though pretty much everyone is in the same position regarding that)

Shoma is already studying for French Literature, Latin American Culture, Trigononetry and Aeronautical Engineering. Best to leave Salsa dancing for next season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Men's order (based on world ranking) - 7 warm-up groups

Skate later (final group (7) #32-#37)
1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Uno
4. Chan
6. Brown
7. Kovtun

Skate later (second to final group (6) #26-#31)
8. Kolyada
9. Chen
10. Jin
11. Bychenko
12. Ten
18. Brezina

Skate later ( warm up group 5, and final spot in warm up group 4 #20-#25)
19. Tanaka
20. Ge
23. Vasiljevs
24. Hendrickx
26. Yan
29. Besseghier

Skate earlier (warm up groups 1-3 and the first four spots of warm up group 4)
32. Reynolds (he might be in the skate later group..not sure if cutoff is at #19 or #18)
35. Righini
36. Pavlov
37. Martinez
39. Majorov
40. Kerry
41. Yee
43. Kvitelashvili
44. Kim
45. Fentz
47. Walker
56. Newberry
66. Virtanen
68. Raya
68. Tsao
71. Hayrapetyan
72. Loupolover
93. Vrdoljak
152. Reznichenko

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Men's order (based on world ranking) - 7 warm-up groups

Skate later (final group (7) #32-#37)
1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Uno
4. Chan
6. Brown
7. Kovtun

Skate later (second to final group (6) #26-#31)
8. Kolyada
9. Chen

Well, now. Well, now. Where are all the people now who are complaining about Jason's selection, when he now has a greater chance of skating later than Chen?

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well, now. Well, now. Where are all the people now who are complaining about Jason's selection, when he now has a greater chance of skating later than Chen?

Huh? How does it work? I thought hee doesn't just have a greater chance, that He will skate later, unless Kolyada and Kovtun both withdraw. At least in SP.

And lol, wow, Kovtun in the last group. Heh. That empty-ish field at Euros, supported by his actually-good performance was very profitable for him ranking-wise.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Huh? How does it work? I thought hee doesn't just have a greater chance, that He will skate later, unless Kolyada and Kovtun both withdraw. At least in SP.

Oh, I didn't read it right. *rubs face* sleepy karne is in charge at the moment. Yes, Jason will skate later than Chen.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I thought that was part of Patrick's shirt :laugh:

me too.. then i saw it was shoma (who is actually not given fair assets in this drawing) who lost his strawberry ice cream. Whether or not the ice cream melted because Shoma's tango is HOT is another story... but seeing Nathan playing the trumpet is interesting...

kudos for Patrick's butt... that's well represented.
kudos for Nathan's hair... i think he would like it to be always so nice
kudos for Yuzu's intensity and costume
kudos for Javi being represented hotter than in real life ;) okay fine... he is already a very handsome man.. but the spiky hair :) woot
and
kudos to the artist for signing her/his name on shoma's thighs.. but WAIT IN LINE... we all want our name tattooed on Shoma's thighs

Interspectator

Record Breaker
me too.. then i saw it was shoma (who is actually not given fair assets in this drawing) who lost his strawberry ice cream. Whether or not the ice cream melted because Shoma's tango is HOT is another story... but seeing Nathan playing the trumpet is interesting...

kudos for Patrick's butt... that's well represented.
kudos for Nathan's hair... i think he would like it to be always so nice
kudos for Yuzu's intensity and costume
kudos for Javi being represented hotter than in real life ;) okay fine... he is already a very handsome man.. but the spiky hair :) woot
and
kudos to the artist for signing her/his name on shoma's thighs.. but WAIT IN LINE... we all want our name tattooed on Shoma's thighs
For me, it represents my reaction to the number of falls in a single program.
http://nishikuma-br.tumblr.com/image/158021369079
1 fall, Patrick Hand to mouth, flinching.
2 falls, Yuzu, pointing and yelling
3 falls, Javi, pointing with both hands and yelling
4-5 falls, eyes go dead, or begin to do something else like play the trumpet. Shoma and Nathan. :biggrin:

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
I'm expecting lots of Drama. -came accross this artwork today and it sums up my feelings about the mens event. http://nishikuma-br.tumblr.com/image/158021369079
The ice-cream on the ground represents any fall that happens in the event. :rofl2:

I thought the skaters were excited and scared because they found evidence that MOHIR had arrived at Helsinki by discovering MOHIR's magenta poop.

You can see Patrick was pinching his nose because of the smell and Javier was measuring the size of the poop to deduce how dangerous and big MOHIR will be.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
I'm expecting lots of Drama. -came accross this artwork today and it sums up my feelings about the mens event. http://nishikuma-br.tumblr.com/image/158021369079
The ice-cream on the ground represents any fall that happens in the event. :rofl2:

Had the artist drawn Spidey Jin, this situation would not have happened. Spidey Jin would have caught the ice cream before it falls with his Boyang web.

Last edited: