2017 Junior Worlds Preevent Pairs Chat | Golden Skate

2017 Junior Worlds Preevent Pairs Chat

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Meant to be a nice place to discuss the event before the start orders are available...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'd love to see more Pairs teams at competition, but I guess I have to take what I can. I'm really curious if Atakhanova/Spiridonov will finally skate relatively clean... Last season they had bad luck with injury and this is just not good so far :( And I'd love for podium to not be all Russian, we need variety!

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's kind of depressing that US has only one spot at Pairs. ..

The US has two pair entries at 2017 Junior Worlds: Digerness/Neudecker and Liu/Johnson.

Are you talking about another comp???

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you check the event website, because there are only 16 pairs entered, all of them will get to skate the LP.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
If you check the event website, because there are only 16 pairs entered, all of them will get to skate the LP.

That's somewhat better than last year, where there were only 15 pairs entered and only 14 actually finished the FS

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

That may be somhow encouraging for young folks, that no matter what, they have chance to skate Free and make up in SP, if something goes wrong :)