Who do you hope to see on the world podium? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who do you hope to see on the world podium?

desertskates

Medalist
Wildest dream hope:
Men:
1. Hanyu
2. Chen
3. Uno
Keep Nathan hungry for that gold next year!
Ladies:
1. Wagner
2. Pogorilaya
3. Daleman
In this scenario, Evgenia would need a nasty head cold or have the airline lose her skates or something like that.
Pairs:
1. Savchenko / Massot
2. Sui / Han
3. Duhamel / Radford
Aljona is 33 (!!) What an accomplishment that would be!
Dance:
1. Papadakis / Cizeron
2. Shibutani / Shibutani
3. Virtue / Moir

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies:

This is tough. As I want Ashley Wagner, Gabby Daleman and/or Kaetlyn Osmond the most on the podium, but sadly I know that all three won't make the podium because of Evgenia Medvedeva is going to win unless she bombs enough. No hate. I admire her consistency. It's amazing. Sure I understand the frustration of the increase in score because her content of jumps is pretty much the same as the other ladies minus less 3Lz's and no harder jumps. But she's great in terms of consistency. Also Anna Pogorilaya is in the mix and Satoko Miyahara. If Gabby Daleman and Kaetlyn Osmond DELIVER, they can potentially get 3 spots for the 1st time in over 4 decades.

Men: I'm excited that all my three #1 favorite skaters Yuzuru Hanyu, Jason Brown, and Kevin Reynolds are all competing. My dream podium would be all 3 of them getting on the podium. Sadly I know that's not going to happen unless there are meltdowns and WDs (Which I hope does not happen to any of the skaters. I wish the best to all). Out of the 3, Yuzuru is the one mostly likely going to medal. I hope Nathan makes the podium and end the drought for USA men and I hope Jason does well enough to gain back the USA's 3rd spot. I hope Patrick Chan and Kevin Reynolds does well enough to get 3 spots back for Canadian men so that well...Olympics. Also I want to Maxim Kovtun to deliver. I want Yuzuru and Nathan to make the podium (realistically).

Pairs:
I follow pairs the least. But I'm hoping Tarasova/Morozov make the podium as well as James/Cipres. If James/Cipres DELIVER like how they did at Euros (Their SP and FP are my FAVE programs from Euros. So powerful), they can medal. Like I said, I don't follow pairs too well compared to the other disciplines, but those are the two, I'm hoping medals.

Dance:
Well, okay barring disaster, Virtue/Moir are going to win. Papadakis/Cizeron silver. Shib Sibs bronze. I want most of all for the USA and Canada to retain 3 spots. Hopefully Russia gets 3 spots back. Most of all, I want Virtue/Moir to break 200.

nekun

On the Ice
I don't want to jinx Yuzu, I just hope he will skate well, skate the best

but I hope Patrick will medal, can he bring back his National skate to Worlds please?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
For me personally, it doesn´t matter, as everyone is working very hard and deserves a spot on the podium. That being said, of course Madi and Evan, Kaety Osmond, Piper & Paul and Dylan & Liubov.

Skaters who are such great people if you meet them, who have invested so much and who are often overlooked.

Thanks Alex D, I always so enjoy your posts! What stole my heart at 4CC's was Lubov's tears on the podium and Dylan trying to comfort her. She later tweeted that she was most proud, that she won a medal for the country that she has fallen in love with, as we Canadians have done so with her!

A touching moment, from an exceptional person and athlete. Their best outing in a few appearances, and if replicated, perhaps a top 6 at Worlds.

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ladies:
My three favourite women are probably Kaetlyn, Gabby and Ashley, so them in a dream world. A more realistic podium that I'd be really happy with would be Evgenia, Kaetlyn and Satoko or Anna, especially since Zhenia being off the podium would mean she really bombed or something, which I wouldn't want because I do like her. I'm hoping for Gabby to improve on last year's ninth place. Top six would be lovely, but anything that gets Canada three spots would be fantastic.

Men:
Nic Nadeau... Ok so he's not actually competing at Worlds, I just really love him :love: . Of people who are actually there, dream would be Chan, Hanyu and someone else. I really like Javi, but Nic's Elvis program makes it harder for me to like Javi's this year. I like all the top men okay, so I'm more or less fine with anything. I'd prefer Hanyu ahead of Chen probably though.

Pairs:
Dream would be D/R winning with I/M and J/C on the podium. I'd love to see both I/M and J/C top six slightly more realistically. I like S/H and S/M too, so I guess a more realistic podium I'd like would be D/R, S/H and S/M. And I'd be thrilled to see S/B do really well.

Ice dance:
Tessa and Scott wining. I definitely care most about the ice dance podium (which I guess is not that surprising given my avatar). I'd be fine with a repeat of the GPF podium, but I'd prefer to see V/M, P/C and W/P. Although in a dream world I'd also like to see G/P on the podium. I just enjoy them so much.

And of course I want the skaters/teams who skate the best on the day to win.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't want to jinx Yuzu, I just hope he will skate well, skate the best

but I hope Patrick will medal, can he bring back his National skate to Worlds please?

Lets go with Nationals long (ideally plus the 4T that he popped) and GPF short for Chiddy.

maya1985

On the Ice
Pairs:
1 Savchenko/Massot
2 Sui/Han
3 James/Ciprès

Ice dance
1 Papadakis/Cizeron:love:
2 Virtue/Moir
3 Shibutani/Shibutani

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I did fix typo but maybe it didn't work. It's rude to pick on typos in any culture. Hanyu- but I will leave it as Hangul so the thread makes sense. Anyway Satoko was up against Ashley in Boston last year. Helsinki might prefer Satoko. I don't want any one nation to sweep ladies.

I think a great katelyn has a good chance to podium. I think when she is on she is the best in the world.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Order not relevant:

men: Yuzura, Shoma, Nathan
ladies: Carolina, Pogorilaya
pairs: Sui/Han,Cipres/Morgan
dance:C/L, V/M just because of the SD
:agree:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
My hearts podium :

Men: Yuzuru, Javier, Boyang (Spidy-Jin and Javi can battle for 2-3)
Ladies: Carolina, Anna P, Satoko or Kaetlyn
Pairs: S/H or S/M (Either one winning would make me :hap10:), Y/Z or J/C
Dance: Shibs, H/D, P/C,W/P (I'm good with any one of these three coming in 2-3)

That said, I just hope everyone skates well...:slink:

figuristka

Medalist
Men: Yuzuru, Patrick, Javier
Ladies: Kaetlyn, Evgenia, Carolina.
Pairs: D/R, S/H, I/M
Dance: V/M, P/C, /S/S or W/P

gruesome

Rinkside
My dream podium:
Men- 1.Yuzuru Hanyu 2.Javier Fernandez 3.Boyang Jin
Ladies- 1.Kaetlyn Osmond 2.Evgenia Medvedeva 3.Higuchi Wakaba
Pairs- 1.S/H 2.D/R 3.T/M
Dance- 1.V/M 2.S/S 3.C/L

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
This is what I think might probably happen.

Men: 1. Yuzuru Hanyu; 2. Nathan Chen; 3. Javier Fernandez or Shoma Uno
Ladies: 1. Evgenia Medvedeva; 2. Anna Pogorilaya; 3. Satoko Miyahara or Carolina Kostner
Pairs: 1. Wenjing Sui & Cong Han; 2. Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov; 3. Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot or Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford
Ice dance: 1. Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir; 2. Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron; 3. Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies:

Will most likely podium: Evgenia, Anna, Satoko
Who I would like to podium: Anna, Ashley, Carolina

Men:

Will most likely podium: Yuzu, Nathan, Javi
Who I would like to podium: Yuzu, Patrick, Shoma

Pairs:

Who will most likely podium: Sui/Han, Duhamel/Radford, Tarasova/Morozov