2017 Worlds Men's FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's FS

deedee1

Record Breaker
Goooo Boys! :clapper: Bring your A game if you want a win :cool: , but be careful and no more injuries please! :cheer:

What made me excited and nervous at the same time while watching SP thru Fuji TV the other night was, voices of both Takeshi Honda (commentary) and Dai Takahashi (rinkside reporter) were getting hoarse and hoarse, why, just like us all, they were watching a Men competition that never happened in history of the sport before. :rock:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So cool you skated today :). Are skating rinks popular in Australia?

It was cool! There were a few girls there who were doing serious practice with their coaches, but it mostly just causal skaters and a whole lot of kids there for birthday parties.

Not as such...there's only about twenty of them in the whole country (and it's a big country), but the ones I've been to have always been quite busy so I guess they are popular!

Although...Disney on Ice is always super popular when it comes down under - they actually create an ice rink in one of the big theatres here in Sydney.

Ooo Match just had an ad about figure skating and they must have heard my complaints because Plushy showed up three times in it! :yahoo:

And now it's starting!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Eurosport showing them all! Oh, wonder!!! Yeah, german commentators, wait and see....(They said Yuzuru has no way of beating Javier. Nothing is written and done til it's over. What's eleven points? One popped quad?)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hi all :) not sure if i will be able to do this but i am trying... i am already falling asleep... i set my alarm for the last two flights in case i fall asleep in the first two... i could have gone to bed directly for the first two but yeah... MCM obliges ;)

regarding Nathan and Hanyu : I don't mind if they want to add quads. However, considering how long their set up is, I hope that they are not marked for transitions and choreography that may be affected by the substitution. I felt that 5 was too much at 4CC... I also felt that when Yuzuru rearranged his program to score more points that his choreography suffered at 4CC.

So go for it guys, you can get a lot of points like this... that's fine with me... but hopefully, judges take off a bit of marks on PCS if the programs suffer... it would be symbolic anyways and wouldn't affect the scoring since a quad is worth so much more than going from 9.5 to 9 for instance on choreography lol.. but yeah... anyways... my two cents as we start...

auser

Record Breaker
Judges are being introduced. Where is everyone? I hope not too tired from watching earlier WC events;).

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
Eurosport showing them all! Oh, wonder!!! Yeah, german commentators, wait and see....(They said Yuzuru has no way of beating Javier. Nothing is written and done til it's over. What's eleven points? One popped quad?)

Yuzuru had 12 point over Javi last year so it's possible.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
MCM!

MOOOORIS! (Ha ha he's totally my new favourite, I hope he has an awesome skate!

auser

Record Breaker

Which Eurosport are you watching?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Judges are being introduced. Where is everyone? I hope not too tired from watching earlier WC events;).

Well, it is nearly 4am on the east coast of the US. Only crazy people like me didn't go to sleep at all.

crosses fingers for three spots of my US men

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Good morning everyone. I have no nerves left after the previous days so lets see how this goes.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Finally it's the day, i just hope they skate safe. Seriously what to expect from the men lol. Don't break yourselves

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Please, let this event be better skated than the ladies one. Figure Skating gods, pretty pleaseeeee.

newyn

On the Ice
I have to mentally prepare myself in case this competition becomes as heartbreaking as the ladies last night...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yes made it in time pheww... Go boyz and men!!