2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Better than the plastic ones from GPF.

OMG I know right! I looked at some of the medals during the GP Series and oh dear :drama:

At least Winter Olympic medals are usually massive compared to the Summer ones, the medals from Sochi were something you'd be proud to show off :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Meh, not a super competitio. Still nice to see the Australians on top. Someone should check if Karne is still sober or alive :) I didn't think anyone was really wow or special. And I personally perfer a team doing well when they more organic in their relationship to that nation than transplanted lol. But bravo juniors.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I am so happy that they won.
What I will say is that this season's pairs field was noticeably weak. Just shows that pairs is a discipline that gets better with maturity.

lavoix

Match Penalty
AOC's immigration lawyers are already working on it (and have been for some months now). We have special routes for Outstanding Talents, they've been employed before - like when Dale Begg-Smith became Australian right before - was it Salt Lake or Turin? At any rate, surely, surely, you'd have to think that being Junior World Champions would just about print her passport for her.

I'm trying to obtain my Australian citizenship and it's a pain in the butt. I hope Alexandra gets it, what a wonderful achievement!

lavoix

Match Penalty
I'd like to ask about Alexandra and Harley's training - how long do they train in Australia and how long do they train in Moscow? This team could be amazing next quad if Nina Mozer trains them full time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Still nice to see the Australians on top. Someone should check if Karne is still sober or alive :) I didn't think anyone was really wow or special. And I personally perfer a team doing well when they more organic in their relationship to that nation than transplanted lol. But bravo juniors.

I am both sober and alive :)

As for the transplant thing - the smaller countries simply do not have that luxury. They tried their hardest to find Harley a girl here, but they could not find anyone. Looking for a partner in Russia was a desperation move from his coaches because they were worried Harley was going to quit.

I'm trying to obtain my Australian citizenship and it's a pain in the butt. I hope Alexandra gets it, what a wonderful achievement!

Hmm, how good are you at Pairs? ;)

I'd like to ask about Alexandra and Harley's training - how long do they train in Australia and how long do they train in Moscow? This team could be amazing next quad if Nina Mozer trains them full time.

I believe it was a 50-50 split - 6 months in Sydney, 6 months in Russia, but I am not exactly sure. If they did go to Moscow full-time, they would hardly be the first top Aussie skaters to train overseas.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I am both sober and alive :)

As for the transplant thing - the smaller countries simply do not have that luxury. They tried their hardest to find Harley a girl here, but they could not find anyone. Looking for a partner in Russia was a desperation move from his coaches because they were worried Harley was going to quit.

Hmm, how good are you at Pairs? ;)

I believe it was a 50-50 split - 6 months in Sydney, 6 months in Russia, but I am not exactly sure. If they did go to Moscow full-time, they would hardly be the first top Aussie skaters to train overseas.

Bless his coaches here for thinking so much of him.

As for my talents in pairs, I'm still trying to find my own pair....preferably an Australian one (because then I get the passport much easier).

I recon they've got what it takes to dominate the sport, and they're still so young, so one would hope they will commit full time to training (and hopefully with Mozer).

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
OMG I know right! I looked at some of the medals during the GP Series and oh dear :drama:

At least Winter Olympic medals are usually massive compared to the Summer ones, the medals from Sochi were something you'd be proud to show off :)

And the ones for Vancouver were very cool too (IMO), every one unique and incorporating aboriginal art from the area.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
What I loved about the Vancouver medals was that no 2 medals were the same :)

As for my favourite Winter medals, I loved the Torino donuts :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I loved about the Vancouver medals was that no 2 medals were the same :)

I have a close friend who won one in Vancouver. It's absolutely amazing and I'm always like .... "Can I put that on" whenever the right opportunity comes along to ask :laugh:

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm still so stoked for the Aussies, I've watched their skates and the medal ceremony a few thousand times already :laugh:

With Katia and Harley and Vanessa and Morgan I might be more excited about pairs at these Worlds than any of the other disciplines!