2017 Cypriot Nationals, 18th - 19th March | Golden Skate

2017 Cypriot Nationals, 18th - 19th March

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Cypriot Championships will be held in Zakaki this weekend.

Name: Cyprus National Skating Championships 2017

Date: 18[SUP]th[/SUP] – 19[SUP]th[/SUP] March 2017

Venue: My Mall, Zakaki, Limassol

Announcement: http://www.csf.org.cy/national_comp...ional_Championships_2017-Announcement-new.pdf

Entries / Results Page: http://www.csf.org.cy/national_competitions/2017/entries-results/

The number of entries is very promising. Apart from Advanced Novice Ladies, there are multiple entries in every competition. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

The Junior Ladies category is going to be the main highlight of the event. Both of last year's competitors are returning:

• Polina Ustinova (long time stalwart of Junior Ladies)
  • Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides (last year's champion)

But, this year they will be joined by three more competitors:

• Giorgia Isabella Secchi (who was in the provisional entry list for Junior Ladies last year, but had to withdraw due to injury)
  • Danai Hadjimitsi (in her first season in Juniors after moving up from Advanced Novice)
  • Eliana Kalogirou (Basic Novice B Champion for the past 2 years)

In Advanced Novice, reigning champion Chryso Georgiou is unopposed.

In Basic Novice A, reigning champion Christiana Afxentiou is back but has totally different opposition in the form of:

• Laura Farran (reigning Cubs Girls champion)
  • Janire Idiakez (a Spanish girl who finished 3 places / 2 points behind Laura at the Olympic Hopes competition in Romania last month).

The Basic Novice B competition is made up of three girls who were competing in the Basic Novice A competition last year:

• Maria Gnedkova
  • Zea Maria Antoniou
  • Maria Eleni Loizides

There are 6 more competitions for younger girls, with a grand total of 21 entries between them.

But, the most promising thing is that there are also two competitions for boys at Chicks and Beginners levels. And they each have three entries.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The results aren't up yet. But, from what I've seen on Facebook, Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides retained her Junior Ladies title.

And it looks like Giorgia Isabella Secchi withdrew this year again, due to the small matter of her not being on the island at the moment!

EDIT: Correction. I just saw a video from the prizegiving, and Giorgia was in the background. So, she's trying to confuse us by uploading old photos without adjusting the date! :rolleye: :laugh:

EDIT 2: A further correction. Giorgia was actually out of the country, and only arrived back a couple of days before the start of the Championships. :drama:

More when the results are uploaded.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Go Polina! :love:

You know, I have been seeing Polina U in a different light recently. Over the past few years when we have seen her in competitions, I have thought she looked quite fierce. But, I recently saw her with her hair down, and she is actually really pretty. The way we see her at competitions really does not do her justice.

Anyway, the results are now up:

http://www.csf.org.cy/national_competitions/2017/entries-results/

Junior Ladies

The Junior Ladies competition was a more straightforward affair than I was expecting. The results were exactly the same in each segment:

NameNationSPFSOverall
Pl.TSSPl.TSSPl.Points
Daniella Vanessa IPSARIDESSKA1
Polina USTINOVALEA234.10262.20296.30
Danai HADJIMITSIGLA331.15357.21388.36
Eliana KALOGIROUSKA428.60456.03484.63
Giorgia-Isabella SECHIGLA525.35548.25573.60

Junior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols
Junior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Junior Ladies: Results

Danae was the only person to fall in the SP. In the FS, Daniella and Polina each had a fall.

Advanced Novice Ladies

Only one entry, so no surprises here.

NameNationSPFSOverall
Pl.TSSPl.TSSPl.Points
Chryso GEORGIOUSKA1

Advanced Novice Ladies SP: Results; Protocols
Advanced Novice Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Advanced Novice Ladies: Results

It is interesting to note that Chryso’s scores would have put her in amongst the girls that had moved up to Junior level this season. So, perhaps a dark horse to keep an eye on when she gets old enough to move up too.

Basic Novice A Ladies

As I stated before, we had a guest skater competing in Basic Novice A this year. Janire Idiakez, from Spain. And it turns out that the reason she was here is that she has the same coach as Laura Farran. So, this was a good opportunity to get both of them out there.

NameNationFSOverall
Pl.TSSPl.Points
Christiana AFXENTIOUAMATH1
Laura FARRANSKA231.89231.89
Janire IDIAKEZSKAN/A28.51N/A28.51

The reigning champion retained her title, but it was a very close competition. Barely 4.5 points covered the whole field!

Basic Novice A Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Basic Novice A Ladies: Results

Laura Farran was the only skater to have a fall.

Basic Novice B Ladies

As I stated before, the three skaters competing in this competition were competing at Basic Novice A last year. And perhaps unsurprisingly, the outcome was very similar to last year. Antoniou was a couple of points ahead of Loizides, with Gnedkova a good distance behind them.

NameNationFSOverall
Pl.TSSPl.Points
Zea Maria ANTONIOUSKA1
Maria Eleni LOIZIDESSKA236.47236.47
Maria GNEDKOVALEA318.30318.30

Basic Novice B Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Basic Novice B Ladies: Results

Maria Gnedkova had a fall.

For the other competitions, I will let you look up the Entries / Results Page yourself.

But, I will add one thing. The runner up to Eliana Kalogirou in Basic Novice B last season, Abigail Sargeant, won one of the Beginners competitions.

The reason Abigail moved back to Beginner level is because she is actually too old for Novice level now. So, hopefully this win will help her to progress.

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
You know, I have been seeing Polina U in a different light recently. Over the past few years when we have seen her in competitions, I have thought she looked quite fierce. But, I recently saw her with her hair down, and she is actually really pretty. The way we see her at competitions really does not do her justice.

Yes, and I guess it also belongs to many other skaters. Many of them don't look as good on the ice as in the real life. Same with Rhythmic Gymnastic. :(