Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Evgenia is vulnerable if she makes enough mistakes just like anyone else. The thing she has that most people don't is concreate consistency. If she falls and has a wobble somewhere and Kaetlyn or Anna P. skates lights out, I think one of them will win Gold. Of course, it all depends on the stars aligning.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I voted for Evgenia, not because I love her, she's just amazingly consistent and she's appreciated too, so I think she'll defend her title. I also think Anna will defend hher being medalist :luv17: :dev2:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I voted for Zhenia of course, I think Anna will get her silver finally, and Mai Mihara will be our surprise bronze medalist. :biggrin:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Do we know how Mariah Bell is looking? I've seen/read reports about Karen and Ashley but, not a word from Mariah. I really do like her programs and if she can skate them cleanly I'm hoping she place in the top 10.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Karen Chan? lol... oh ye of little faith!! (I still believe in you Karen!!)

Given the title of the thread is who will 'earn' the title, not who will win the title. My answer goes to

Other: The Russia Federation :cool:

Still no votes for "other" at this point. Talk is cheap ;)

Imagine

Medalist
Evgenia is practically invincible at this point...but if she had to loose, here's how I think it might go down. She will fall on an easy jump, Sal or Axel. Anna will rise up to the occasion and give the middle finger to her old meltdown ways. She will get the gold. Meanwhile, Maria Sotskova will have the skate of her life but loose the bronze cause the judges feel like giving Carolina another medal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
No Karen Chan? lol... oh ye of little faith!! (I still believe in you Karen!!)

Given the title of the thread is who will 'earn' the title, not who will win the title. My answer goes to

Other: The Russia Federation :cool:

karen chan is not going to worlds :)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
That 3rd lady on the podium.... honestly, who knows who it'll be besides the ones who've been killing it all season (Evgenia and Anna) ?
Kaetlyn: inconsistency will be her undoing, but 2 clean skates will get her a silver medal.
Ashley: underrotations will kill her especially if the caller goes after her. But she's the underdog, and she performs well in that position.
Mai: her tech mark will be high, but lesser pcs may only get her to top 5 or 6. And that's if others don't perform well.
Maria: her tech mark will be high if the judges don't go after her underrotations. She sort of fell out of favor by not medalling at Europeans. But she can pull off an upset and make it a Russian sweep.
Rika: has fallen out of favor with the judges.
Carolina: depends on the jumps. Her pcs will be high but the tech side must be as well in order to place ahead of the little girls.
Karen: Honestly who the heck can tell?

lyndichee

Medalist
I learned that Chen and Chan is the same name, here on Golden Skate. ;)

My last name is one of those 2 and that's not how it is applied. They are not interchangeable.

I hope for a Kaetlyn Osmond or Anna Pogorilaya upset this year.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Did you miss the bolded part....... :laugh2:

chan chen about... phew... nervous laugh...

Still no votes for "other" at this point. Talk is cheap ;)

Not going to lie. I am cheap talker, and a slow poker.... but always a deliverer :)

I am also going to go ahead and predict Karen should be in the top 6, ahead of Mai *ohhh i hope no jinx*

As for Anna. If she WINS!! My my my, I'd be happy to be the cow that jumps over the moon goes Mooooo~~~

Last edited:

millie

Medalist
No skater is a shoo in for the gold. Looking back through archives of skating, There have been a few top skaters that had their downfalls and rose to the top unexpectedly. Look at Tara, Sarah Hughes and Kimmie, all were long shots and rose to the top while the front runner made mistakes. Evgenia is human and mistakes can happen. It would be nice to see someone beat her not because of her mistakes but because they skated better.

OHGirl1962

Spectator
Too many

I voted for Evgenia, not because I love her, she's just amazingly consistent and she's appreciated too, so I think she'll defend her title. I also think Anna will defend hher being medalist :luv17: :dev2:

Does anyone else think she does too many of those Boitano arm over-the-head jumps. It's obviously to get more points, which I understand; but more than 1 in a program is just annoying. Maybe it's just me; but I feel like it detracts from the rest of her performance because it's so unnecessary and it smacks a bit of show boating. Anyone? :scratch3: