Votes: 192 53.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I think with Patrick the issue may well be his BV disadvantage in the SP, even if he skates lights out in the FS. However, a 100 points SP is not out of his reach, if the judges give him just the slightest bit more PCS than at GPF and stop using the number of quads as the measure of how good someone's SS or IN are.

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
I voted Yuzuru! If he goes clean still nobody can beat him. If not ... well, we'll see. This is gonna be one of the most exciting WC yet.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I voted for Yuzuru.
1. I believe he is really determined. He lost 4CC gold medal and there is no greater motivation than defeat
2. It will be Nathan's first senior World Championship. He is participating as one of the favourites and he might not deal with the pressure
3. It wasn't Javier's season. Of course he can have spectacular come back but I really doubt it. Still I see him on the podium
4. Shoma is great when he is consistent and unfortunately he isn't
5. Personal reason: I'm just not too big fan of Nathan's skating ;)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
2. It will be Nathan's first senior World Championship. He is participating as one of the favourites and he might not deal with the pressure

Surprisingly, Nathan seems like the most mentally well-adjusted 17 years old guy I've seen in a while.

But it could also be his absolutely amazing poker face and he's really a bundle of nerves inside.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I voted for Nathan because he has the least to lose.

But this should be a corker of an event. Any of those 6 men are capable of winning, if they skate clean.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Surprisingly, Nathan seems like the most mentally well-adjusted 17 years old guy I've seen in a while.

But it could also be his absolutely amazing poker face and he's really a bundle of nerves inside.

His last 3 freeskates (US Nationals, GPF, 4CC) have all been really impressive and no other guy has been that consistent, even ones who compete 2 or 3 less quads than him. Mentally, he just goes about his business, and you can tell he just loves to make jaws drop. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next World champ but I think Hanyu can finally have two solid programs at Worlds and hold him off.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I voted for Nathan because he has the least to lose.

But this should be a corker of an event. Any of those 6 men are capable of winning, if they skate clean.

Same here. Another one for Nathan!

(Yuzu is due for a Worlds win though...)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see Nathan on the podium, but I really want Yuzu to win.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
here is hoping Hanyu finally peaks at Worlds after seeing consistent progress of his shape trough season

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
I hope Yuzuru Hanyu wins gold :agree:

It became a habit to read Yuzu fan thread and It will be crystal happiness blasting there if he wins... I need positive emotions after cold winter )))

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
BlueSky thinking, PCS fantasy land, no politic sport:
I think the difference between Patrick's skating skills deserve more than 3 quads gap to Nathan's worth of PCS, so I voted for Patrick... hey i am a dreamer and always support the underdogs (Oh Patrick, when did you suddenly become an underdog in the space of 2 season?! 7%?!! ) :p

Realworld doom: This is Yuzuru's lose, if he make mistakes, he may lose it! Nathen is coming on like a young skywalker looking for his deathstar.

If everyone make mistakes, Javier may clinch it!! The board will erupt... (largely by Hanyu fans and the pooh)

Last edited:

Tahuu

On the Ice
I voted for Nathan but think Yuzuru would likely win.

I have been following this on-going fictional writing of Nathan and Yuzuru with interest. The author (warning: she is shipping Nathan and Yuzuru) depicts Nathan as an easy-going puppy who likes to see others skate well and has the attitude of if you win you win, while Yuzuru has the fire and desire to win at all the time, who doesn't like to interact with his competitors but is starting to warm up to Nathan. Haha.

KMK0902

On the Ice
I think that Yuzuru will finally be able to pull it all together in Helsinki. I also hope that Patrick will make it onto the podium....

Rissa

Record Breaker
It's always Yuzuru's to lose and he keeps losing it... :hopelessness: And Javier's always an underdog somehow who rises from the ashes. But it can't be denied that Nathan is a totally new kind of wrench thrown in the works.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's always Yuzuru's to lose and he keeps losing it... :hopelessness: And Javier's always an underdog somehow who rises from the ashes. But it can't be denied that Nathan is a totally new kind of wrench thrown in the works.

He should break his ''curse'' finally, shouldn't he? :scratch2: I think it's his time to reclaim Worlds title.

I would like to see reactions if Javier wins 3rd time in a row :biggrin: It feels weird to realize that Javi is somewhat always under the radar. But Hanyu has much more following & obsessed fans than Fernandez so it makes sense :biggrin:

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
He should break his ''curse'' finally, shouldn't he? :scratch2: I think it's his time to reclaim Worlds title.

I would like to see reactions if Javier wins 3rd time in a row :biggrin: It feels weird to realize that Javi is somewhat always under the radar. But Hanyu has much more following & obsessed fans than Fernandez so it makes sense :biggrin:

Heh, think what would happen if Patrick won, only two quads and all. If I weren't such a Hanyu fan I'd actually want it to happen, just for the "quads race? what quads race?" factor.

I think Javier always flies under the radar because his performances prior to Worlds aren't as stellar as his competitiors' and he doesn't have the highest base value so we don't expect him to beat those who have higher tech and better preceding results.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I voted for Hanyu for purely selfish reasons. Of them all, he is the one whose skating moves me the most. It transcends sport.

I also want him to prove he's gotten all the pops out of his system.

stormblade

Rinkside
I will vote for Hanyu until the end of time, regardless of how many quads the others might be throwing out there on the ice. He's just that kind of skater.

That being said, I really hope he fixes that dratted 4S3T combo so I can stop feeling like I need to go to a cardiologist. ;)